Bauer XXX or Easton Sicore

Status
Not open for further replies.

BuRe#9

Mar 13, 2005
Queens, NY
I havent tryed out the vapor XXX stick but the si-core stick is made weird in my opinion. If you to get the si-core get the blade to put on your shaft, not the stick. I stick that I use myself is the easton stealth. Now that is a nasty stick!

Joey13

Both are great sticks - with the new Eastons having been released (Stealth, Synergy ST & SL) and the Reebok stuff out now, you can find Si-core's a little cheaper. I have always been an Easton fan but would highly suggest that you look at TPS sticks. I have a Response plus (red) and an XN-10 (blue and yellow) and they are both aweseome sticks - give them a look as well.

Yertle The Turtle

Apr 14, 2004
Millville, NJ
www.bluelinehockey.net
BuRe#9 said:
I havent tryed out the vapor XXX stick but the si-core stick is made weird in my opinion. If you to get the si-core get the blade to put on your shaft, not the stick. I stick that I use myself is the easton stealth. Now that is a nasty stick!

I have a Stealth right now too but I hate the blade. (Modano, Senior)... I have heard the XXX chips and breaks easilly that is why I am worried about getting it. Also if you could tell me if a any stick is better for stickhandling?

Yertle The Turtle

Apr 14, 2004
Millville, NJ
www.bluelinehockey.net
Joey13 said:
Both are great sticks - with the new Eastons having been released (Stealth, Synergy ST & SL) and the Reebok stuff out now, you can find Si-core's a little cheaper. I have always been an Easton fan but would highly suggest that you look at TPS sticks. I have a Response plus (red) and an XN-10 (blue and yellow) and they are both aweseome sticks - give them a look as well.

I was also looking at getting an XN-10. Could you tell me why you like it or is it just over all a good stick?

Joey13

flyerfreak941 said:
I was also looking at getting an XN-10. Could you tell me why you like it or is it just over all a good stick?

It is extremely light (395 grams, I believe) and the balance feels great. The weight seems to be spread throughout the entire stick, not heavy in the blade like some I have used. I also like the whip flex from TPS. I have heard that the whip would be equivalent to about an Easton 80 flex. The XN-10 whip gives you great snap on your shot without feeling flimsy. I have found that playing wing, I am able to pick up pucks in traffic and rifle shots on net without much effort. The only stick I think is even close to the XN-10 is probably the Stealth.

West19

Jul 19, 2004
flyerfreak941 said:
Is it durable in your opinion?

I loved my xn10, i should really look into picking up another. My xn10 was one of the longest lasting sticks ive ever had. I got 6 straight months (5-6 times per week) out of it. Nothing but good things to say about the xn10.

kingpest19

Sep 21, 2004
Unless they fixed the problems with the Si-Core blade i personally wouldnt buy one. Saw three of my teammates Si-Core blades fold in half in one game. On of them being just bought and taped for the game the other 2 with 5 games max on each one. xn-10s are great sticks heard very few bad things about them. I use and r2 xn10 shaft and blade combo and love it. plus its cheap when the blades break to replace rather than buying a whole new stick

Joey13

flyerfreak941 said:
Is it durable in your opinion?

I've had good luck with them, but I am on my second stick. I took a really bad slash and had a pretty big chip out of the shaft down near the blade. It still lasted for about 15 more games and then I broke the blade off taking a one-timer. I think it would still be fine if not for the slash.

BuRe#9

Mar 13, 2005
Queens, NY
flyerfreak941 said:
I have a Stealth right now too but I hate the blade. (Modano, Senior)... I have heard the XXX chips and breaks easilly that is why I am worried about getting it. Also if you could tell me if a any stick is better for stickhandling?

Yea bauer sticks are known to break easily. As for a stick thats good for stickhandling curve wise would be a toe curve. With easton that would be the Shanahhan. I use the sakic myself and I like it. But if you want just stickhandling toe curve is what you are looking for.

190Octane

Jun 28, 2002
Fullerton, CA
I have a XXX that I've used for roller hockey for a few months without breaking it. I like it more than the stealth I have also.

I'm loyal to Bauer sticks and the P88 curve. First the XX and then the XXX, personally I like the Bauer but it's whatever feels best to you.

Yertle The Turtle

Apr 14, 2004
Millville, NJ
www.bluelinehockey.net
Well I bought the TPS XN 10 and I love the feel of it. I got a Morrow curve (senior) and a regular flex. It has the square toe I wanted and feels better then the stealth... I havent used it on the ice yet but just messing around with both sticks I like the feel of the TPS more... thanks for the advice guys it is much appreciated. :)

f1nn

Jan 12, 2004
Espoo, Finland
I wouldn't get the Si-core anymore as they stopped making them and you don't want to get used to a stick they don't make anymore, I would recommend getting the SL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad