Bauer wristshot blade

member 30781

So I am using the PM9 blade on my TotalOne which I have grown to love and has become the best all-around blade for me. Thing is, when I play, I rarely ever use slap/snap shots. It is always wristers. Is there a blade that Bauer makes which is better suited for wrist shots? If I had a guess I would assume the P88 or the P92. Saw a kid using the P92 curve and it seemed so easy for him to get lift on his shots.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
It does depend where you shoot from - if you shoot more from the heel, then a heel curve will work well (such as the PM9 that you use, or a P91A if you want something more open), but if you shoot more from the middle of the blade, then a mid curve will work well (such as a P88, or a P92 if you want something more open). A lot of people feel more natural shooting from the mid blade on wristers, and if you want more lift on your shots then a more open curve can help, so the P92 would probably be a good choice for you, it's Bauer's clone of Easton's Sakic curve.

member 30781

It does depend where you shoot from - if you shoot more from the heel, then a heel curve will work well (such as the PM9 that you use, or a P91A if you want something more open), but if you shoot more from the middle of the blade, then a mid curve will work well (such as a P88, or a P92 if you want something more open). A lot of people feel more natural shooting from the mid blade on wristers, and if you want more lift on your shots then a more open curve can help, so the P92 would probably be a good choice for you, it's Bauer's clone of Easton's Sakic curve.

Alright, I did use my friends Sakic curve a few months back and it was so easy to go top shelf with it. I think I might try it out.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
One reason I've migrated to open curves is because I cup the puck a lot when I shoot as I really lean into the stick to load it up. Open curves launch the puck off the blade a lot quicker/harder with the way I shoot. There's a tradeoff between being shot velocity and accuracy though.

My teammates and goalie really noticed when I went from a Drury to a Forsberg as my shot got slower and easier to stop. I'm using a Sakic now as it's a little easier to control the height but still has good velocity.

But like I said, I really like to lean into my shots, and that requires pushing the stick down into the ice with the face closed, so that's my technique.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->