Bauer RX4 Series (Goalie)

Thepandamancan

Jun 6, 2010
Actually, for Bauer pads I would not buy anything under the RX8 or One80 if you expect them to last a while. I bought the one60s and the stitching was popping out hours after I pulled them out of the box.

These are a good budget pad, but they aren't built too well. I think they'll do you fine if you are a beginner. I started off, granted it was roller, using ball hockey pads that have actually lasted quite some time.

If you take care of them, you should be able to play in these for a while until you can either afford better gear or learn just what kind of goalie gear you want to play in.

Depending on what site you visit, for a hundred or so dollars more you can probably find something better (like the RX6) on sale.

habsfan56

Jun 4, 2008
ive played alot of street hockey, just trying to transition to ice. is it worth buying more expensive pads if im only going to be playing pick up hockey (for now). brand isnt really important to me

pelts35.com

Oct 4, 2004
www.pelts35.com
ive played alot of street hockey, just trying to transition to ice. is it worth buying more expensive pads if im only going to be playing pick up hockey (for now). brand isnt really important to me

How often do you plan on playing? If it's anything more than once a week, then yes, it's worth buying more expensive pads.

There are many good senior level pads between the Bauer Rx8s, Brians H Series, Sherwood T95 series, etc to choose from. You can also check out the Bay for a set of used pads as well assuming you know what size pads you need.

If you aren't a member of it already, I'd highly recommend you joining the goaliestore.com bulletin board. There's a ton of great information there.

pelts35.com

Oct 4, 2004
www.pelts35.com
probably going to play a lot. gonna buy more expensive pads :D

Then, yes, I'd go with more expensive pads. I have the Rx8s and am very happy with them. I got mine about 9 months ago, play 3-5 times per week and they are holding up great.

Not sure where you live, but if you have a good hockey store near you I'd recommend going and just trying on a bunch of pads to see what feels good to you.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad