Bauer One95 Skate Fix Question

bosshogg18

Oct 26, 2009
Lyle, WA, Tacoma, WA
Please look at the picture below (I have circled the relevant area which is coming apart). The part of the skate where the side of the boot meets the toebox is coming loose. I took to a shoe repair place and they said their needles would not go through such a thick surface. I live nowhere near any hockey shops and the ones that are remotely close cannot fix this either. I am wondering if any of you have had this same problem and if so, how did you fix it? Can I use a super adhesive? Maybe there is somewhere I can mail the skate to, so it can be repaired properly? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Skate.jpg

*I know the pic is not of a Bauer One95, but used this pic because it had better contrast between the silver & black. Also my digital camera is broken, so I unfortunately couldn't take a pic of my actual skate.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
I would recommend a good industrial adhesive. E-6000 is pretty much my go to for this king of stuff, I have a pair of Easton Synergy 800s (the generation of skates that was notorious for the soft parts of the upper peeling away from the composite over time) being held together by the stuff. Basically, a fair bit of the original glue has been completely replaced by the stuff. I've also had it work in applications where JB weld and super glue have both failed.

Basically, it's good shiat. You'll find it in a decent hardware store.

bosshogg18

Oct 26, 2009
Lyle, WA, Tacoma, WA
I've also had it work in applications where JB weld and super glue have both failed.

I have some JB Weld, and was thinking of that, but a thin layer of it on a skate would become brittle and crumble...especially on a skate hit by pucks and sticks.
So you swear by E-6000 eh? I guess I have nothing to lose by trying it.

forbs02

Blergh
Jun 17, 2008
I wouldn't worry about it too much. The toecap isn't going anywhere and the upper of the skate isn't going anywhere. I've seen skates like that where the stitching was completely gone. When the skates were on and tied you couldn't even tell. Give the glue a try, it can't hurt. But if it doesn't help you should still be ok. If you notice that the toecap is coming loose from the outsole you will probably have to invest in new skates.

Durbo20vT

Jul 2, 2009
CT
my One90's had that problem and i just used JB weld. held strong and afaik, still going with the next owner

Duffman

Nov 15, 2006
Orchard Park, NY
This may sound silly, but find a local shoe repair shop, not all of them will accept hockey skates, but they can point you in the right direction. When my goalie skates were busted up I found a shop willing to repair them. I had to call 5-6 different places before one directed me to a shoe repair shop that routinely repairs hockey gear. It was funny seeing some skates and goalie pads amongst high end shoes and and other leather products.

They were able to get my skates back to me the next day and it was really cheap. I think it was around $37.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->