Bauer Nexus line discontinued?

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
I just realized that the Nexus line has been discontinued, at least for Skates and Protective equipment it appears. I've read Bauer still might be making the Nexus 4-roll gloves and sticks though, but they haven't released any new sticks in the Nexus line since the 2N, so I'm not sure.

Hopefully, Nexus sticks remain. I remember CCM doing something similar with the Ribcore line, discontinuing Ribcore protective but still producing sticks.

Either way, might have to stock up on some Nexus stuff before it's all gone.

Last edited:

JustJokinenAround

just a goofball
Feb 5, 2018
a local rink
i would think they would still make the sticks because the mid-kick is very popular. unless the new ultrasonic falls into what the nexus would be because i think it is more of a mid kick than high kick

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

TurboCat

Aug 8, 2020
The nexus Geo is the new stick coming. Yes the protective is gone but I doubt they stop making a 4 roll. Even if the nexus name is dropped they will have something.
Also, Bauer is repressing a pro protective line I do believe similar to the nexus stuff.

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
This graphic is an eye-opener. Since when did Nexus become a mid-kick point? A high-kick point doesn't make sense to me. I never understood the Nexus line - mostly because I never used the damn stick :laugh:

I use a Bauer Supreme Ignite which is a mid-kick (or so I thought..). I had the vapor X60 years ago which was a low-kick stick.

vapor-supreme-nexus-article_8620cc59-db73-40f3-994c-835933cca1ee.jpg

my Uncle used to work for a printing company and made Bauers product line book in 2010. This is the graphic that I remember from it distinctly.

Mid-and-low-kick-graphic-678x381.jpg

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
This graphic is an eye-opener. Since when did Nexus become a mid-kick point? A high-kick point doesn't make sense to me. I never understood the Nexus line - mostly because I never used the damn stick :laugh:

I use a Bauer Supreme Ignite which is a mid-kick (or so I thought..). I had the vapor X60 years ago which was a low-kick stick.

my Uncle used to work for a printing company and made Bauers product line book in 2010. This is the graphic that I remember from it distinctly.

Mid-and-low-kick-graphic-678x381.jpg

It always has been, it's just dumb Bauer terminology. IIRC, when Nexus line first emerged Bauer touted it as 'Variable' kick point and the Supreme at the time 'Amplified mid-kick' or something. Then a couple years ago they just called Supreme high kick and Nexus mid kick.

BTW here's the full graphic

Kick-Point-Chart.jpg

Reactions: Smirnov2Chistov
Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
It always has been, it's just dumb Bauer terminology. IIRC, when Nexus line first emerged Bauer touted it as 'Variable' kick point and the Supreme at the time 'Amplified mid-kick' or something. Then a couple years ago they just called Supreme high kick and Nexus mid kick.

If there was ever a sale on last years top products I'll have to pick one up. For roller hockey I go with a mid-kick (or whatever this 'high-kick' is :laugh:). With ice, I prefer the low kick better for wrist shots. I guess the Nexus is a jack-of-all-trades type deal.

@Filthy Dangles I found an old TPS Catalog with the R10 I used in High School. Best Whip flex I've ever had..

Untitled.png

Last edited:

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
I’ve always liked the Nexus line of sticks the best.

I currently have the 1X Lite from Bauer but I preferred the old 1N.

I stopped using Supreme after the NXG, I didn’t like the feel of my MX3.

I currently switched to the AS3 Pro and it appears better than anything Bauer has on the market (except their exclusive ADV lineup).

pgfan66

Jun 26, 2019
Picked up a Nexus Geo and can’t wait to try it out. Unfortunately not possible right now because covid.

I’ve been trying a few different manufacturers and models lately, trying to find out what works best for me. First a True A5.2, then a CCM Super Tacks 2.0 and most recently the Vapor Flylite. In my experience, whatever they call the mid-kick or variable kick or individual kick or whatever, it all feels the same. The Flylite is the only one where I could really feel a difference and could tell it’s a low kick. Prefer mid-kick, though, so I got the Nexus now. The Super Tacks 2.0 was my favourite stick I’ve had so far, but it broke relatively quickly (along with the original Super Tacks that broke during my first practice with it), so I didn’t want to go back to CCM.

Long story that nobody asked for short: really happy the Nexus line still exists for sticks and can’t wait to get back on the ice.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Picked up a Nexus Geo and can’t wait to try it out. Unfortunately not possible right now because covid.

I’ve been trying a few different manufacturers and models lately, trying to find out what works best for me. First a True A5.2, then a CCM Super Tacks 2.0 and most recently the Vapor Flylite. In my experience, whatever they call the mid-kick or variable kick or individual kick or whatever, it all feels the same. The Flylite is the only one where I could really feel a difference and could tell it’s a low kick. Prefer mid-kick, though, so I got the Nexus now. The Super Tacks 2.0 was my favourite stick I’ve had so far, but it broke relatively quickly (along with the original Super Tacks that broke during my first practice with it), so I didn’t want to go back to CCM.

Long story that nobody asked for short: really happy the Nexus line still exists for sticks and can’t wait to get back on the ice.

I love my Super Tacks 2.0. I was a big Ultra Tacks fan and I find it similar. It just does everything well. In comparison, I recently picked up a Trigger 2 on clearance in the same specs (P29 75 flex) and while it's still a very nice twig, I find myself going back to the ST 2.0 for more competitive games.

I'm basically a CCM guy since getting back in the game in 2015-16. Other than their blades toes and heels from the pre-Sigma-tex era (2013-16), I've found CCM sticks just fine for durability.

TurboCat

Aug 8, 2020
I love the tacks line of sticks too. I really want an AS2 pro but also want to try a nexus one day. I hated my 1x so I’ve been hesitant to try another Bauer. I love CCM sticks but also like Sherwood too

Reactions: BruinDust

wreckless

Apr 27, 2010
vancouver
im in the same boat as a lot of people who have always been a supreme guy but after the mx3 and then s2 i cant hold on any longer (despite the yellow which i prefer immensely to the blue/red).

I'm more of an off the wing snap/wrist shot so a low kick point makes sense, but the last time i tried vapor (1x) i didn;t really care for it..

Still trying to find the holy grail one95 equivalent all these years later lol.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
im in the same boat as a lot of people who have always been a supreme guy but after the mx3 and then s2 i cant hold on any longer (despite the yellow which i prefer immensely to the blue/red).

I'm more of an off the wing snap/wrist shot so a low kick point makes sense, but the last time i tried vapor (1x) i didn;t really care for it..

Still trying to find the holy grail one95 equivalent all these years later lol.

I loved the Supreme sticks from the One95 to the NXG. The MX3 was a disappointment, and I didn't care for the 1S and beyond since they were heavier than other high end sticks.

I think Bauer Nexus or CCM Jetspeed would be your best bet then. The One95 would be a closer equivalent to the Nexus line than the Supreme line at this point. The One95 was a mid-kick stick, just like the Nexus line, while the newer Supreme line is almost a high-kick.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
I’m seeing a ton of guys using the Nexus Geo during the WJC.

expecting a lot of Vapor and Supreme guys to make the switch in the NHL this year.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto

expecting a lot of Vapor and Supreme guys to make the switch in the NHL this year.

The Geo in gold looks sick, similar look to the One95 from back in the day. I haven't used Nexus sticks since the 1N, so I cannot comment as to the 2N Pro's performance, but the specs didn't look that great compared to other high end sticks like the Flylite.

pgfan66

Jun 26, 2019

Two thoughts:
1. I was surprised to see so many using the Geo, including guys who previously had Flylites. I’ve noticed this with a bunch of players going into the season and it makes sense for junior players who want to make use of the fact that they can always get the newest sticks if they want without paying $300. But also:
2. A bunch of them might just have Flylites or ADVs or whatever dressed as Geos. I’ve noticed on photos that a ton of players in the NHL used Flylites last season but they were actually the Vapor ADV. No better stage than the world juniors for Bauer to advertise their new stick, even if players want to stick with what they’re used to.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad