TV: Batwoman (CW) - season 2

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
not sure if it is because it was rushed

but the show is poorly executed--at least episode one--hopefully it gets better--but I can see why fans are not liking it too much

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
not sure if it is because it was rushed

but the show is poorly executed--at least episode one--hopefully it gets better--but I can see why fans are not liking it too much

The reaction at the superherohype.com forums seems to be "better than expected but still has work to do". Some said better pilot than Arrow or Legends and I agree to a degree, especially with the latter.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
The reaction at the superherohype.com forums seems to be "better than expected but still has work to do". Some said better pilot than Arrow or Legends and I agree to a degree, especially with the latter.

the main comments I am seeing is that the sort of combined Batman and the Arrow backstory into one--it lack originality in sionome aspects and that is the biggest complaint or observation that is being.

I binged watch legends awhile ago and i think its pilot rocked

My friends who part of the LGBQ+ community, while are happy about an openly gay character--they found RR performance too wooden

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
the main comments I am seeing is that the sort of combined Batman and the Arrow backstory into one--it lack originality in sionome aspects and that is the biggest complaint or observation that is being.

I binged watch legends awhile ago and i think its pilot rocked

My friends who part of the LGBQ+ community, while are happy about an openly gay character--they found RR performance too wooden

I agree with with some people's opinion that she was better in the suit than out of it. Don't know why but it worked out better.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I thought the pilot was mediocre. The fact that we were immediately jumping back in time to an origin that didn't appear to be told via flashbacks even though the character debuted fully formed in the last crossover was confusing. And the biggest impediment for me is Ruby Rose. She's just not good enough to pull this off. She just resorts to sort of sticking her chest out, standing up extra straight/tall, and mumbling her way through a wooden, monotone, deeper voice as a means of trying to sound like she's all tough and badass and whatever. And her American accent wavers hard at points. Most of the supporting cast were serviceable in a bland sort of way. Nothing terrible, but nothing really standout

I liked Rachel Skarsten a lot. Though I have liked her in a lot of things she's been in, so it's not like this particular show made her for me. If she were just a bit younger, and the character wasn't off-limits for TV because of the DC movies, I think she could've been a good TV-level Harley Quinn (like if Arrow hadn't been forced to surgically remove all its Suicide Squad references after the movie began production).

It's not enough to make me stop watching, but it kind of puts the show on the lower tier right now with the worse seasons of Arrow and the unfortunate way the Flash seems to be trending.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Episode 7 was actually really good. Clearly the best episode of the series so far. Some good plot choices and surprises. Totally didn't see Julia Pennyworth playing Batwoman at the end.

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
You know what, I've been trying to watch it, and its just so color less and meh. Maybe its because Ruby Rose is a outright terrible Actress who basically plays herself in everything that she's in. To be honest, Pennyworth was just a far more interesting Batman universe series, and far better acted.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Whoa, did not expect that ending to the episode. So Crisis separated Beth and Alice? But how does Alice know Kate is Batwoman then? "To quote Ezra Miller Flash: "What does this mean??"

Last edited:

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
What a great episode! :amazed: Some really dark stuff and new layers to the story. Bravo to the writers for managing to make the villain more sympathetic while also having the heroine cross the line. I totally see Kate fearing now she might turn into future Bruce in Crisis. Wow. :clap:

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Damn, seems this show got Hush correct.

Also, the reason for Batman/Bruce disappearing was that he killed Joker. :eek:

Last edited:

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
It does a good job with "universe" building and the like but I'm not a fan of the character and definitely not a fan of Rose. The fact she's leaving is a plus.
She's hard / scary looking. Not sure why the show's creators thought her look would appeal to a large audience.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Is this show really as bad as they say?

Nope. The trailer was very misleading. Post-Crisis it's been the probablybest CW DC show. Much like with Jon Cryer as Lex Luthor on Supergirl, Rachel Skarsten Alive really carries the show. Storytelling has really improved along the season.

I had kind of gotten used to Ruby Rose as Kate/Batwoman so this is kind of disappointing...

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
She's hard / scary looking. Not sure why the show's creators thought her look would appeal to a large audience.

She looked the part:

p763dntoce511.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad