Online Series: Battlestar Galactica reboot in the works at NBC's streaming service

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
So are they still planning on having this set in the same universe/timeline/whatever as RDM's version, or have they changed course?

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
But... why?!? The last reboot ended like 12 years ago. Too soon. I would be more interested in the story of the first Cylon War.

I agree makes no sense. I am one of those who likes both the reboot and original. There were some nice changes. My guess with Edward James Olmos no longer involved they will be adding "the little green men" that were banned from the reboot. EJO had it written into his contract no little green men written into his contract.

Battlestar Galactica Writer, EP Indicates Show May Be a Reboot After All

It was previously announced that the series would not be a reboot but a new take on the Battlestar Galactica universe. But Lesslie's comments make it seem as if his version will reimagine the show once again.

I think there is some confusion in the ranks as to just what they plan is

Seedtype

Aug 16, 2009
Ohio?!?!
Ugh, don't let it be a reboot. The only project I'll accept if it's suppose to be a proper conclusion for the original series. Not that I care, but at least that's something that can be still done properly. (Obviously, it would be set decades later, the Galactica and fleet have been dodging and hiding from the Cylons for decades, but now it's time for a new generation to end the journey)

And I really can't think of what you could really do with the nuBSG version. I had a crazy Mass Effect/Babylon 5 idea once where Earth finds technology from the wreck of the Galactica(Anders flying into the sun didn't completely work). It jumps humanity into the intergalactic age where they run into many species of Cylons that have hyper-evolved or something(basically they're a bunch of alien races now). The new Earth Battlestar, Galactica tries to be a force for peace in a fractured galaxy, or something something.

But ultimately I am kinda tired of the whole 'AI/robots becoming sentient' story concept, so I don't really think nuBSG needs to be revisited anytime soon...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad