Battlefield V (2018)

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Awesome! This is the best game on PS4 followed closely by Battlefront. EA is finally getting their act together.

I highly agree as well in terms of FPS. I really liked BF1 but BFV is just outstanding and the continuing added content we have got so far with it has surpassed my expectations long ago.

Reactions: Dubi Doo

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
David Sirland aka the guy that fixed BF4 just left DICE, largely because the leadership in place now is clueless. He joins a long list of veterans that have left during and after BFV's launch.

Chapter 6 is all recycled content that was never delivered in earlier chapters. The only new weapon in this regard is the Type 11.

There's a reason this is the first game in the series to hide the playercount.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
David Sirland aka the guy that fixed BF4 just left DICE, largely because the leadership in place now is clueless. He joins a long list of veterans that have left during and after BFV's launch.

Chapter 6 is all recycled content that was never delivered in earlier chapters. The only new weapon in this regard is the Type 11.

Well shit, at least this game is f***ing awesome. Who knows what the future holds...

Reactions: Roman Fell

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB

I thought there was the type 11, model 37 shotgun, M2 Carbine, plunge mine/grenade and the bazooka. recycled or not.....its gonna be fun.

Personally couldn't care about player count as since I started I have never had an issue getting a full stacked conquest or breakthrough game. If it last another 6 months to a year I will be happy as it is the only game I have not been bored with yet as the content keeps coming and I payed under 20$ Canadian for it. money well spent considering the trash you can buy for much more.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I thought there was the type 11, model 37 shotgun, M2 Carbine, plunge mine/grenade and the bazooka. recycled or not.....its gonna be fun.

Model 37, M2, Bazooka were all supposed to be in Chapter 4. Lunge mine was supposed to be in Chapter 5.

With their hesitancy to release a new roadmap and the very thin amount of content for this 3 month chapter, it looks like they are preparing to move on to BF6 full time.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Model 37, M2, Bazooka were all supposed to be in Chapter 4. Lunge mine was supposed to be in Chapter 5.

With their hesitancy to release a new roadmap and the very thin amount of content for this 3 month chapter, it looks like they are preparing to move on to BF6 full time.

Oh they were supposed to come earlier. There was so much content dropped all the time I didn't even notice.

All good things come to an end. Figured they would be moving on at some point as BF6 is slated for 21/22.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Iwo Jima has to be the toughest map to win offensively on breakthrough. Also, I was kicking ass, but f***- I've regressed a lot the past few days. Perhaps I've bee playing too much. I cant hit the broad side of a barn right now.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Iwo Jima has to be the toughest map to win offensively on breakthrough. Also, I was kicking ass, but ****- I've regressed a lot the past few days. Perhaps I've bee playing too much. I cant hit the broad side of a barn right now.

Yup stage two is make or break on that map. Defending is a blast though on stage 2, I usually go tank busting by heading down from B and flanking on the beach using bomb craters as cover towards A. the amount of kills you can get are outstanding as well with troops running by you heading for A or B. if you have a squad that follows with an ammo kit it can create some pretty good runs.

Salvage21

Jan 11, 2009
The Poconos, PA
People just like to ***** and moan. The game certainly is playable. Eager for this new map.

I understand why you would think it’s just the internet Bullies at large.. but I can assure you there is a contingent of the hate mob who genuinely loves battlefield and feels slighted by the decisions to completely change the core gameplay even though there has been overwhelming feedback that it is not something that was wanted. Even the ‘game changers’ on YouTube can’t hide their displeasure with the direction and have been diversifying content for the eventual move from BFV. I can speak on myself in that I really don’t enjoy my time with the game anymore after putting more time into it than any other game I’ve ever played.

I’m glad you’re still enjoying it though. It has some of my favorite maps in the series.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I understand why you would think it’s just the internet Bullies at large.. but I can assure you there is a contingent of the hate mob who genuinely loves battlefield and feels slighted by the decisions to completely change the core gameplay even though there has been overwhelming feedback that it is not something that was wanted. Even the ‘game changers’ on YouTube can’t hide their displeasure with the direction and have been diversifying content for the eventual move from BFV. I can speak on myself in that I really don’t enjoy my time with the game anymore after putting more time into it than any other game I’ve ever played.

I’m glad you’re still enjoying it though. It has some of my favorite maps in the series.
What changes have been made? Jw...

Also, the new map is way too easy for the offensive team. It's unplayable for me until they balance it a bit.

Reactions: Salvage21

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX

• They changed the core gunplay a year after a release and made it worse in every way, limiting each category to a few guns at best if you want to be competitive.
  • They attempted to change to Division style spotting and healthbars but the players rioted, so they immediately had to change it back (thank god).
  • Air v Ground balance is the worst it has ever been in the franchise and they've done nothing to address this
  • There's no anti-cheat, and there's also no team balancer or scrambler AND they took away the ability to manually switch teams so matches are the most lopsided in the history of the franchise
  • The 'community games' feature is a joke and again represents a low point in the series as there's no community servers with admins worth a damn, making the cheating problem worse. No 3rd party plugins means the community can't even patch up DICE's shortcomings anymore.

There's a reason they took DICE LA away from DICE and changed leadership. The veterans that have been with the franchise through all the successful titles have all abandoned ship because the new people in charge - picked by the guy who runs FIFA who is now in charge of all EA european studios - are all morons aiming for the Fortnite crowd. This is why consoles now have aggressive snap aim assist and why they are boosting the velocity of bolt action rifles back to BF1+ levels. They will continue to kiddy-fi the franchise, alienating longtimers.

It's the first game in the series to hide the overall playercount and EA likes to pretend the game doesn't exist on earnings calls. It's great if you or anyone has fun with it, but it's clearly a failed game and a major misstep for the franchise.

EA doesn't own the Star Wars IP, so they had a responsibility to do right by Disney and rehabilitate Battlefront 2. They have no such responsibility with Battlefield. It's just another franchise they've dumpstered through sub par management (Mass Effect, Anthem, etc...)

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB

Also, the new map is way too easy for the offensive team. It's unplayable for me until they balance it a bit.

I think they may be referring to the TTK change that occurred then they reverted it a bit back again on another update. Overall I have had no issues with the ttk from before or after the changes. Still usually get my 1.2-1.6 kd ratio and 20+ kills a match.

The youtubers I find interesting. I mostly follow westie, jackfrags, levelcap and at tk or something like that. They are all about getting views to create revenue. Whenever something new drops it's usually amazing then after that they create videos on the ttk and how bad the game is but I understand if your dropping a video every other day you gotta get your views. A few said they were going to stop playing but they keep going religiously lol.

The new map is pretty good. Only have played 3 matches. Twice defending and once on offence and in the three matches no team completed the offensive objective in breakthrough

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Just to add some more friendly discussion on here.

• They changed the core gunplay a year after a release and made it worse in every way, limiting each category to a few guns at best if you want to be competitive.
Personally I think that is more of a player skill level issue. I have found a lot of different class weapons are effective in different scenarios/maps and some are just the same all around.
  • They attempted to change to Division style spotting and healthbars but the players rioted, so they immediately had to change it back (thank god).
Agreed that was stupid.
  • Air v Ground balance is the worst it has ever been in the franchise and they've done nothing to address this
Dont see it. I can easily take down planes from the ground and on the flipside I can easily strafe away at objectives if the other team does nothing to thwart me.
  • There's no anti-cheat, and there's also no team balancer or scrambler AND they took away the ability to manually switch teams so matches are the most lopsided in the history of the franchise
Agreed. they need a team balancer and manually switch teams.
  • The 'community games' feature is a joke and again represents a low point in the series as there's no community servers with admins worth a damn, making the cheating problem worse. No 3rd party plugins means the community can't even patch up DICE's shortcomings anymore.
Agreed. I can see this being an issue for people that want to play on community servers.
There's a reason they took DICE LA away from DICE and changed leadership. The veterans that have been with the franchise through all the successful titles have all abandoned ship because the new people in charge - picked by the guy who runs FIFA who is now in charge of all EA european studios - are all morons aiming for the Fortnite crowd.

Disagree. I live with a few religious fortnite players and they want nothing to do with Battlefield after giving it a good go. Due to it being a more complex look of war, harder to go on "kill streaks" and big maps (which is odd due to how big the fortnite map is). They have recently gravitated towards Modern Warfare as it is easier, has very small ally maps, a crazy amount of kill streak perks and is a fast run n gun. The only thing for me relating to fortnite is the ability to purchase "skins" which is an option and not a necessity. Or are you talking about the Firestorm game? I dont see anything wrong with adding that gamemode at all due to the popularity and the competition adding BR modes. from the few times i have played it i have to say it is pretty good but not my cup of tea.

This is why consoles now have aggressive snap aim assist and why they are boosting the velocity of bolt action rifles back to BF1+ levels. They will continue to kiddy-fi the franchise, alienating longtimers.

I did not know this. Is it an option to turn on/off? bc it doesn't feel like I have any aim assist and it doesn't seem to be helping the players I play against ;)

It's the first game in the series to hide the overall playercount and EA likes to pretend the game doesn't exist on earnings calls. It's great if you or anyone has fun with it, but it's clearly a failed game and a major misstep for the franchise.

I dont think player count really matters as you can still jump into full lobbies immediately. I mean if you just want the numbers to criticize the game then I guess it does matter but the fact that you can still jump in any time, any mode and be in a full lobby does it really matter?

I agree. I do think they failed on their sale numbers. what did it do? 7 million units + on release then whatever on top of that.
I personally dont think its a full on failure. Financially I dont know if they lost any money based upon their opening sales they should of got about 420M (estimating off base game sales and not the fancy versions). They did fail on the community aspect of the game and game balancing which should be an easy fix. Gameplay wise I dont think it was a failure besides messing around with the TTK stats which honestly hasn't made a huge difference in the gameplay.

All jmo. I understand some people wont enjoy this game as everything is subjective. Is it as good as BF4 or BF1? No I dont think so but it is not far off and the Pacific campaign may have put it over BF1 for me.

im excited to see what they bring next. I hope we go back to modern.

Salvage21

Jan 11, 2009
The Poconos, PA

the other posters hit on it pretty well. How it influenced my fun is that most of the guns for the medic and assault class had their damaged reduced significantly, especially at range. For instance, The effective range for a medic gun is 30m(Just example, I’m not sure of actual statistics), so the damage drops off Big time after that. You literally need 8-10 bullets to land to get a kill At range.

The problem is that with a game like battlefield, most engagements are naturally at look range because of the Larger maps and the general make up of the game. So forget about engaging with any sniper or bolt action rifle or mmg okay.

but the damage has been neutered across the board, so even if you do flank and try to surprise a group of opponents, you only have enough ammo to take down one, maybe two enemies before having to reload/switch to side arm. But also, because of the damage model, you can shoot someone square in the back multiple times and they can turn around a still kill you.

They also dialed the recoil on basically all the guns, so they feel the same.

I have tried the new map and enjoyed it considerably. I don’t know if it’s because I haven’t played in a while or because the layout of the map has more pockets of close quarters game play which lends it self to the gun play. im mainly a conquest only player but I had a great time on break through.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I think they may be referring to the TTK change that occurred then they reverted it a bit back again on another update. Overall I have had no issues with the ttk from before or after the changes. Still usually get my 1.2-1.6 kd ratio and 20+ kills a match.

The youtubers I find interesting. I mostly follow westie, jackfrags, levelcap and at tk or something like that. They are all about getting views to create revenue. Whenever something new drops it's usually amazing then after that they create videos on the ttk and how bad the game is but I understand if your dropping a video every other day you gotta get your views. A few said they were going to stop playing but they keep going religiously lol.

The new map is pretty good. Only have played 3 matches. Twice defending and once on offence and in the three matches no team completed the offensive objective in breakthrough
I do thoroughly enjoy Soloman Islands. It just always seems to make it to the last objective, which is insanely hard to take. This may be a good thing since games last longer. I've noticed they give a lot of offensive troops after each phase. I remember knocking the troop count down to 60 (ish) after the first phase only to have it jump up to 275 once they took it. It didn't feel very rewarding to have a good defensive stand like that, only to have the offensive team again 200+ troops.

Still, the map is very fun, so that's what's most important.

the other posters hit on it pretty well. How it influenced my fun is that most of the guns for the medic and assault class had their damaged reduced significantly, especially at range. For instance, The effective range for a medic gun is 30m(Just example, I’m not sure of actual statistics), so the damage drops off Big time after that. You literally need 8-10 bullets to land to get a kill At range.

The problem is that with a game like battlefield, most engagements are naturally at look range because of the Larger maps and the general make up of the game. So forget about engaging with any sniper or bolt action rifle or mmg okay.

but the damage has been neutered across the board, so even if you do flank and try to surprise a group of opponents, you only have enough ammo to take down one, maybe two enemies before having to reload/switch to side arm. But also, because of the damage model, you can shoot someone square in the back multiple times and they can turn around a still kill you.

They also dialed the recoil on basically all the guns, so they feel the same.

I have tried the new map and enjoyed it considerably. I don’t know if it’s because I haven’t played in a while or because the layout of the map has more pockets of close quarters game play which lends it self to the gun play. im mainly a conquest only player but I had a great time on break through.
Oh man, I thought it was just me declining in skill with the SMGs. I've flanked a squad numerous times only to take out one member before getting killed. Then again, my accuracy is far below the average game, so maybe I just suck, haha.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
I think the smgs did need some nerfing but i agree they went a bit too far with the nerfing as it is just a game. It would be interesting to know the bullet damage they deducted based on range. It's still fun for close quarter battles which it should be but as @Salvage21 said it sucks If you flank and have to dump what feels like half a mag into someone before they go down. I'm unsure if headshot damage is decreased? But i know when I flank a group nicely and there is a variety if targets to shoot I usually get to excited and start unloading instead of taking my time like you see on youtube and dropping precise shots on target lol.

Played Solomon island a few more times and man is it a fun map. I like the variety of terrain. Objective A sucks as a defender though. I swear in all my matches it falls in minutes.

Salvage21

Jan 11, 2009
The Poconos, PA
I think the smgs did need some nerfing but i agree they went a bit too far with the nerfing as it is just a game. It would be interesting to know the bullet damage they deducted based on range. It's still fun for close quarter battles which it should be but as @Salvage21 said it sucks If you flank and have to dump what feels like half a mag into someone before they go down. I'm unsure if headshot damage is decreased? But i know when I flank a group nicely and there is a variety if targets to shoot I usually get to excited and start unloading instead of taking my time like you see on youtube and dropping precise shots on target lol.

Played Solomon island a few more times and man is it a fun map. I like the variety of terrain. Objective A sucks as a defender though. I swear in all my matches it falls in minutes.

they released a chart with all the new ttk values and at what range. If I remember correctly, I think headshots got a very slight decrease within target range but still drop off outside of that range.

One thing I didn’t mention in my previous post is that dice tried to adjust the ttk to similar values as to what they’re at now in the first months of the game being out. The fans expressed their displeasure, so dice changed it back, vowed to never do it again.. only to do the exact same thing one year later. I think that’s where a lot of the hate comes from.

But I read update 6.2 dials it back to values similar pre patch- so fingers crossed.

also, funny I played a match as the attacker where the defense whittled my team down to just five tickets before we took the first sector.
I agree the last sector is hard to capture, but I appreciate that. Good stuff.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad