Battlefield V (2018)

Sep 19, 2008
So far I am liking it. need to get used to the self heal though haha

Still trying to get used to it. Went out to the store today and got 8 more gigs of RAM and after I plugged it in it runs a LOT better now. I was using 8 gigs with BFV on high and it was pretty slow :laugh:

In game now.

GQS

Aug 2, 2005
All these Battlefield games are fun, but they always lack any kind of excitement or tension or cohesion because everyone does their own thing and dying in the game is meaningless with all the near instant respawns.

I really wish they would make deaths matter abit more like have at least a 30 second wait time between respawns so that there's some sort of penalty for tapping out instead of waiting for someone to revive you or doing something that causes you to constantly die.

Also this game would be so much more interesting if they could make campaigns that had only one or two objectives per map so that people would be forced to work together abit more or at least fight towards the same objectives more. Namely make it feel more like you're actually fighting in a huge battle with your entire team fighting with you rather than it is now where you see a bunch of people running around everywhere with no sense of where the battle lines are or that anyone is doing anything together.

Right now the Battlefield series has good graphics, good audio and good gameplay and atmosphere that makes you believe you're on a battlefield, but its missing the tension and excitement that makes the game retain longterm interest and replayability.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
All these Battlefield games are fun, but they always lack any kind of excitement or tension or cohesion because everyone does their own thing and dying in the game is meaningless with all the near instant respawns.

I really wish they would make deaths matter abit more like have at least a 30 second wait time between respawns so that there's some sort of penalty for tapping out instead of waiting for someone to revive you or doing something that causes you to constantly die.

Also this game would be so much more interesting if they could make campaigns that had only one or two objectives per map so that people would be forced to work together abit more or at least fight towards the same objectives more. Namely make it feel more like you're actually fighting in a huge battle with your entire team fighting with you rather than it is now where you see a bunch of people running around everywhere with no sense of where the battle lines are or that anyone is doing anything together.

Right now the Battlefield series has good graphics, good audio and good gameplay and atmosphere that makes you believe you're on a battlefield, but its missing the tension and excitement that makes the game retain longterm interest and replayability.

I think having a 30 second wait time for respawns will cause a ton of people to quit. In addition, it might cause people to stop playing it.

30 seconds is way to long to wait. Maybe if they did it only in one game mode than fine, but if they did that in every game mode, i predict people will stop playing.

GQS

Aug 2, 2005
I think having a 30 second wait time for respawns will cause a ton of people to quit. In addition, it might cause people to stop playing it.

30 seconds is way to long to wait. Maybe if they did it only in one game mode than fine, but if they did that in every game mode, i predict people will stop playing.

Or you can also have it as an option so that different servers can have the choice to use it or not. I think a longer death timer would be great because as I said it would make dying more meaningful rather than simply continually going through the never ending cycle of fighting and near instant respawning making dying not a big deal.

Battlefield games are fun, but they lack any tension or satisfaction whether you win or lose because there's nothing on the line. Its a different game but something like PUBG is exciting and you feel satisfied when you win because you only get one life per match. Playing Battlefield games, you never get that kind of feeling which is kinda sad because they have alot of other great things going for it and making a simple change like having deaths be more meaningful would make it an even better game.

Sep 19, 2008
30 seconds is too long. The new spawn menu is good. You die and then it shows your squad so you can follow a teammate through video camera and then spawn at your leisure.

Sep 19, 2008
Actually been playing Battlefront II more than BFV at this point :laugh: Just installed BFII yesterday. BFV is still a good game but they didn't really come out with a lot of maps at launch. Heard good thins about every map but Harada or whatever that is. We spawned there and never took a flag. Round ended after 5 minutes :laugh:

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
Having a lot of fun with this one. I know some long time Battlefield fans are disappointed with it, but this being my first real experience with it has made me enjoy it quite a lot. In the beta I kept wishing they would give you an extra magazine of ammo, and I don't know if they've done that, support classes are actually doing their job, or I'm better about conserving my ammo and finding stashes, but I haven't really had the issue yet. I've run out of ammo a few times, but not with any regularity like the beta. The annoying glitches that plagued the beta also appear to be gone, and they've moved several environmental markers around, which I found interesting. I have been playing it quite a bit with friends and solo. It's obviously better with friends, but I enjoy myself just going solo as well. I'm excited for any additional DLC.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
Sorry for the double post, is anyone here playing regularly without a group? I have one friend who plays and another who will play later in the month, but I’ve been flying solo for the most part. I’d definitely be down to team up if anyone has space in their group.

Sep 19, 2008
Sorry for the double post, is anyone here playing regularly without a group? I have one friend who plays and another who will play later in the month, but I’ve been flying solo for the most part. I’d definitely be down to team up if anyone has space in their group.

The way the game is structured you can't go without a squad. I can play today and tomorrow, not sure if you already gave me your Origin name.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
Are the sub machine guns under powered or is it just me?
They’re bad, especially on all of the big maps. In close quarters they’re fine, but more than like 50 you have no room for error. It sucks because I love playing as the medic, but I suck with every SMG except for the MP40.

The way the game is structured you can't go without a squad. I can play today and tomorrow, not sure if you already gave me your Origin name.
Shit I haven’t checked this thread often. Name is mattymo3535. I haven’t had time to play recently but I’m going to get back into it.

Harbinger

sing for absolution
Mar 8, 2008
Edmonton
They’re bad, especially on all of the big maps. In close quarters they’re fine, but more than like 50 you have no room for error. It sucks because I love playing as the medic, but I suck with every SMG except for the MP40.

I also enjoy the medic, but there have been times where the mp40 has failed me. I am not good at shooters, but I've lost battles that I should have won.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
add these to the command line arguments. Did this for BF1 as well and the FPS jumped up quite a bit. PC only obviously.

For this to work on Dx12 remove the line... WorldRender.LightTileCsPathEnable 0 Or set it to 1 and your game will load correct.

PostProcess.DofMethod 0
PostProcess.DynamicAOEnable 0
PostProcess.DynamicAOMethod 0
Render.VSyncFlashTestEnable 0
WorldRender.TransparencyShadowmapsEnable 0
WorldRender.SpotLightShadowmapEnable 0
WorldRender.SpotLightShadowmapResolution 1
WorldRender.LightTileCsPathEnable 0
WorldRender.PlanarReflectionEnable 0
WorldRender.EmitterSunTransmittanceMapEnable 0
WorldRender.EmitterSunTransmittanceMapResolution 0
WorldRender.FilmicEffectsEnable 0
RenderDevice.VSyncEnable 0
RenderDevice.RenderAheadLimit 2
RenderDevice.StereoConvergenceScale 0
RenderDevice.StereoSeparationScale 0
RenderDevice.StereoSoldierZoomConvergenceScale 0

Reactions: HFBCommenter

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
They reeaaalllly need to start putting more effort into their maps. These maps are just the same shit as in BF1, no effort in them at all. This game would be a hundred times better if all the maps were replaced with maps from BF3 for example.

Sep 19, 2008
anyone on PC want to squad up? let me know

Hammettf2b
don't you have work

i'll do it over the weekend. I couldn't sleep last night so I was on at 11 PM watching hockey and you were playing Battlefield :laugh:

Would have joined but was lazy

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
don't you have work

i'll do it over the weekend. I couldn't sleep last night so I was on at 11 PM watching hockey and you were playing Battlefield :laugh:

Would have joined but was lazy
Sorry, I didn't mean right now. Just in general. I'll be playing later tonight and this weekend.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->