Battle of Alberta, goalie fight with Smith and Talbot, a good reminder of old time hockey

Big Phil

Nov 2, 2003
So we all know by now the line brawl with the Oilers and Flames last night. Great to see some hockey in 2020 with some passion. These two teams hate each other and wouldn't it be great to see them meet in the playoffs? Anyway, a fight in the first period, and then it all boiled over late in the 2nd with a line brawl and then Smith and Talbot meeting at centre ice for an old fashioned goalie fight, which hasn't happened since 2013, is this true? Anyway, Smith took care of Talbot rather quickly but who cares, they both went at it. Tkachuk was in the middle of that brawl again and it was good to see things boil over. Hockey needs that. By the 3rd period they were just giving misconducts to prevent any more craziness. Great game. I was told this is the first goalie fight in the Battle of Alberta's history?

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
It was looking like we had no worse than a 50/50 shot of them meeting in the first round of the playoffs this year. Would have been the first such meeting in 29 years. I guess there's still hope the season resumes, but not holding my breath on that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->