OKR

Nov 18, 2015
Went with Byfield, Laf and Drysdale, purely on potential basis tho

Laf>Hisch
Byfield>Yamamoto
Drysdale=Makar

DomBarr

Apr 7, 2014
one of those players is not like the others and it means the undrafted trio wins

DomBarr

Apr 7, 2014
its not that i don't like Yamamoto but he was not regarded as a top 3 talent in his draft year. So you have a guy drafted 1st OA, and 4th OA, and 3 projected to go 1st, 2nd and 3rd OA and then you have Yamamoto drafted 22nd OA..

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
its not that i don't like Yamamoto but he was not regarded as a top 3 talent in his draft year. So you have a guy drafted 1st OA, and 4th OA, and 3 projected to go 1st, 2nd and 3rd OA and then you have Yamamoto drafted 22nd OA..

Maybe I like Yamamoto more than most. He looked every bit a second line player in his first stint in the league and I saw top line winger upside.

Ctrain2k

Dec 3, 2016

He’s an NHL player now, draft position means nothing. I know it’s not the same thing but you wouldn’t say that about Pastrnak who was drafted 25th.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I'd take Laf/Byfield over Hischier/Yamamoto by a significantly bigger margin than I would Makar over Drysdale, currently and at their respective draft dates.

Switch Yamamoto for Pettersson, and Drysdale for Sanderson (who I would take over Drysdale) and it becomes a more interesting debate (and I'd probably side with 2017 in that example.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
He’s an NHL player now, draft position means nothing. I know it’s not the same thing but you wouldn’t say that about Pastrnak who was drafted 25th.
Yamamoto's argument exists off of 410 minutes this season at 5v5 where he shot 17% individually, and his overall line had a shooting percentage of 12.45%. Hard to put too much weight into that. Whereas Pastrnak has 3 proven high-end seasons. Those numbers could easily be creating a mirage. Its not like he tore up the AHL in his 50 or so games there.

DomBarr

Apr 7, 2014
While Yamamoto had a great 27 games in the NHL in his D+3 season that doesn't put him into the same conversation as Makar, Hirschier, Byfield, Lafreniere, and Drysdale

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
I'd take Laf/Byfield over Hischier/Yamamoto by a significantly bigger margin than I would Makar over Drysdale, currently and at their respective draft dates.

Switch Yamamoto for Pettersson, and Drysdale for Sanderson (who I would take over Drysdale) and it becomes a more interesting debate (and I'd probably side with 2017 in that example.

I thought about putting Petterson in, but I thought that would tilt it pretty heavily the other way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad