GDT: Battle in Music City: Calgary @ Nashville. 6PM MT, Sportsnet Flames

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Peters said Rittich will get in one of the next two games so if he isn't playing tonight, he'll probably be in on Thursday

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
It's a very different 8M 4th line though than we're used to.
It's not quite that Matt Stajan/Troy Brouwer/Lance Bouma special where it hurts you when they're on the ice and add really bad PKing to boot.

Ryan and Frolik are middle 6 forwards. Frolik is one of the best PK'ers we've had since his arrival here. Doc's a good faceoff man.

Peluso is a big question mark as to why he's in. Really not sure why Jankowski isn't playing LW here; not like Nashville's got some bullies waiting for us.

Yeah don’t see why Janko isn’t LW or Ryan RW and just have them alternate strong side face offs like monahan and lindholm do

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
It's a very different 8M 4th line though than we're used to.
It's not quite that Matt Stajan/Troy Brouwer/Lance Bouma special where it hurts you when they're on the ice and add really bad PKing to boot.

Ryan and Frolik are middle 6 forwards. Frolik is one of the best PK'ers we've had since his arrival here. Doc's a good faceoff man.

Peluso is a big question mark as to why he's in. Really not sure why Jankowski isn't playing LW here; not like Nashville's got some bullies waiting for us.
I agree with what you've said and I too have questions about what you said in your last sentence. The only reason I can see in having Peluso in the lineup is that Peters wants to see how Peluso plays. Surely its not because he feels Peluso is a better player than Jankowski because he's not. Its early in the season and I think he's just tinkering with the lineup to see how dependable/good the spare parts are that he's got on the shelf. We'll probably see Peluso out and Hathaway in, in the next few games.

Reactions: Nanuuk

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Should be a good test. Guess we'll see how this defense holds up against a higher tempo attack, think Smith will have to be good early on as this is the Preds home opener and they'll come out flying. I may be in the minority here but I really wonder how they managed to win the President's Trophy with that forward group. It's good, maybe even very good, but not exactly terrifying or anything.

Hope to see Valimaki-Andersson show well and develop some early chemistry.

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
ezgif-3-2bc9d3c54c36.gif

Last edited:

djpatm

Feb 2, 2010
Calgary
Dont understand what Bennett has done to deserve a spot over Janko. I assume he'll accomplish absolutely nothing for the Flames tonight as usual.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Dont understand what Bennett has done to deserve a spot over Janko. I assume he'll accomplish absolutely nothing for the Flames tonight as usual.
You shouldn't be so negative. Maybe Bennett will surprise you. New center who's very talented and a new RW who can score goals. Maybe they're exactly the types of players that Bennett needs to play with.
Even if Bennett doesn't score any goals I won't be disappointed, as long as he clicks with these two guys and looks like he's making a difference out there tonight.
I have an open mind and am hoping for the best.

I'm also positive that Jankowski will get his chance too. Its only the 3rd game of the season.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Peters said he was deliberately rotating to get guys in. I expect Jankowski to be in next game, or at worst, Hathaway and then back to Jankowski.

MDCSL

Jun 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Interesting Jankowski isn’t playing on the the lw with Frolik on the right. Maybe peters puts more stock in handedness than we think? Also betting that we see a Hanifin - Andersson pairing halfway through this game.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
Interesting Jankowski isn’t playing on the the lw with Frolik on the right. Maybe peters puts more stock in handedness than we think? Also betting that we see a Hanifin - Andersson pairing halfway through this game.

I'm not sure where you got the impression Peters doesn't put stock into handedness? He's been pretty straightforward in saying he does, but he's not inflexible to it either.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Frolik is a LH shot and can play LW. Peluso is a RH shot and probably never played LW in his pro career. Peters wants to get Peluso into a regular season game to see how he does. His playing with Frolik and Ryan will probably give Peters a better read on Peluso than if he's playing with 2nd year Janko on the other wing.

MDCSL

Jun 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
I'm not sure where you got the impression Peters doesn't put stock into handedness? He's been pretty straightforward in saying he does, but he's not inflexible to it either.

Every coach believes in handedness, some more than others. I’d just been under the assumption with Brodie/Frolik/Neal playing their off sides this year under him that maybe he wasn’t as big on it as others.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Every coach believes in handedness, some more than others. I’d just been under the assumption with Brodie/Frolik/Neal playing their off sides this year under him that maybe he wasn’t as big on it as others.
It’s a definite contrast to Gully’s marriage to handedness that’s for sure. A welcomed change.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
I have a bad feeling about the Valimaki/Andersson pairing.

That's good cause I have a very good feeling. If Hamonic is out for like two weeks, means Ras has some time to show he is ready then Stone is done with this team and will be pressbox for a lot of it.

As for Peluso playing for Janko, whatever. He's only going to get like 6-7 minutes away and Janko hasn't done anything so far and was only getting 7 minutes anyway. Bennett has much more potential than Janko so I'll pick my fights, hoping that 3rd line can find some chemistry. Hoping for big things from them with Dube and Bennett's speed and Neal's good board game and shot.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015

Played exceptionally better than him in both games. I know being blindly ignorant can cloud ones view though.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Hanifin's already played a third of the games that Gio has played in the NHL. Insane

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad