GDT: Battle in Music City: Calgary @ Nashville. 6PM MT, Sportsnet Flames

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
I thought Smith had a good game. It was the first game that every shot didn’t look like an adventure. He looked confident and his movements were deliberate.

At the same time. We played pretty well defensively. I don’t care what the shot clock said. We didn’t give them very many scoring chances.

Last edited:

tyflames

Jul 4, 2010
I thought the game was good but I hope our depth gets going. Top end is carrying the load so far

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I'm not too worried. The second line was buzzing all night, and the third line had a few grade A chances too.

Yup.
I thought the 4th line even had some good shifts.

Right now our specialty teams is Calgary's poison. Like I said after the first game. If you're a soft as butter team, full of rats, you better make teams pay heavily on the PP; because you're not going to intimidate them on the ice. Calgary's doing just that.

That top unit is absurd. Lindholm is just scoring off one-timers all day, same as Mony. Not rocket science :laugh:

Things will even out. Neal still hasn't come together. Dube has missed 3-4 grade A scoring chances. Backlund/Czarnik/Tkachuk is a sick little line that hasn't found its touch in 5v5 yet; but will, as they're dominating possession, again. The 4th line with Ryan and Frolik on it, will take most teams out back. Most teams' 4th lines don't include dudes who can score 40 points in any given year, let alone two.

The Gnome

May 17, 2010
Calgary
Yup.
I thought the 4th line even had some good shifts.

Right now our specialty teams is Calgary's poison. Like I said after the first game. If you're a soft as butter team, full of rats, you better make teams pay heavily on the PP; because you're not going to intimidate them on the ice. Calgary's doing just that.

That top unit is absurd. Lindholm is just scoring off one-timers all day, same as Mony. Not rocket science :laugh:

Things will even out. Neal still hasn't come together. Dube has missed 3-4 grade A scoring chances. Backlund/Czarnik/Tkachuk is a sick little line that hasn't found its touch in 5v5 yet; but will, as they're dominating possession, again. The 4th line with Ryan and Frolik on it, will take most teams out back. Most teams' 4th lines don't include dudes who can score 40 points in any given year, let alone two.

I think Vets, referring to Neal, take much more time to adjust to a new team and coaching structure. He'll be fine, if there is anything you can bank, it's neal potting 20 per season.

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016
I think Vets, referring to Neal, take much more time to adjust to a new team and coaching structure. He'll be fine, if there is anything you can bank, it's neal potting 20 per season.
I don't care how many Neal pots in the regular season. Calgary is deep enough that if Dube, Bennett, Jankowski, Czarnik, and/or Backlund (bounces to his average) Calgary will be well poised to win the Pacific. The line-up is deep and as long as the bottom nine chip in here and there everything will be fine. My largest concern is injuries to the top 4 D, Smith and/or Monahan.

Come playoff time Neal will be a beast no matter which line he is on.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Calgary strikes me as a team that in like 4 months people will be like "What? Where'd they get this depth!" kind of thing.
Like, they'll have 4 lines that can burn you.

Meanwhile every sports network will still cover the Leafs :laugh:; and all the bull we've heard over the past decade will go the wayside, with everyone being like "I knew they were close!".

Reactions: FlamerForLife

The Gnome

May 17, 2010
Calgary
I don't care how many Neal pots in the regular season. Calgary is deep enough that if Dube, Bennett, Jankowski, Czarnik, and/or Backlund (bounces to his average) Calgary will be well poised to win the Pacific. The line-up is deep and as long as the bottom nine chip in here and there everything will be fine. My largest concern is injuries to the top 4 D, Smith and/or Monahan.

Come playoff time Neal will be a beast no matter which line he is on.

My only real concern is Mike Smith. Please hockey gods, let him go injury free. You are correct, our depth on forward, and the backend too, is the best we've had since our glory days.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->