OT: Batting Cages in Ottawa/Gatineau

Quo

Mar 22, 2012
Hamsterdam
Wondering you guys knew anywhere in the city (or reasonably close) where they have indoor batting cages? Looking to get my baseball on...

I believe that you are SOL unless you want to go to Coup Sûr way the heck out in Laval, QC...

http://www.coupsur.net/serviceang.html

I wouldn't call that reasonably close though.

Used to be one in Metcalf, ON but that's been closed for the last couple years. Driving ranges sometimes have a batting cage on site but no clue on that score.

Plenty of baseball diamonds though that are free for much of the day. Know people that just haul a bucket of balls out and start whacking. Helps if you have a friend.

Pancakes Pancakes

Aug 3, 2005
Tank Nation
The don koharski sports centre at the kanata town centre has some and if you hit the machine where you put the token in, it will be free!

Oh wait, that was like 17 years ago. It's closed now. Yes, I just dated myself.

trobby

Aug 23, 2007
Ottawa
I remember there was one on Baxter road behind the Citizen...this was YEARS ago...actually probably close to 15 years.

I stumbled upon it. Walked in, hit a few balls, had a great time.
Then I asked the guy how long they've been there...he said a long time...and they're closing the doors next week...

EJsens1

Aug 20, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
Yeah, they are few and far between. My brother used to work at one by the airport. There was also a mini put and driving range there. This was late 80's, early 90's, but the golf was there a while.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
There aren't any in the city. However if you're looking for softball I know a lot of guys in the city love to get out and just do batting practice (I know it's not an indoor option, but it is an alternative).

GrantLemons

Church of FYOUS
Feb 3, 2013
Ottawa, ON
Doesnt the go kart track near Stittsville have one? Karters Korners or whatever?

No to my knowledge. Driving range, mini putt, volleybal courts and Karts (obv). Though I haven't been there in a couple of years (2 maybe), I'm quite sure there was never a batting cage. If there was, I'm sure I would've been there a lot more often.

Pancakes Pancakes

Aug 3, 2005
Tank Nation
No to my knowledge. Driving range, mini putt, volleybal courts and Karts (obv). Though I haven't been there in a couple of years (2 maybe), I'm quite sure there was never a batting cage. If there was, I'm sure I would've been there a lot more often.

Actually I remember from my childhood that they did have some. But I was there this summer with the kids and they no longer have them. not sure how long it's been since it's probably been 10 years, if not more I hadn't been there.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Probably not worth the risk anymore legally due to how stupid people are now...all it would take is for one person to get smoked by a moderate fastball followed by a lawsuit to shut them down lol

Common sense is not so common anymore which is a shame because i would love to hit the cages again!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad