Batherson and Brown recalled

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Haters????We want what is best for this team and future prospects,and right now playing for one the worst teams assembled by a lunatic owner and his lap dog GM ...Isnt what is good for them

No you don’t, you want to crap all over everything no matter what, always finding some way to make it negative. This is just another example

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
He has earned his spot and you vultures want to diminish that and take it away from him saying it’s PR. Bunch of haters that should be ashamed of how you treat the players on this team
No shill. No one here thinks he doesn't deserve it. They both deserve it. Lots more guys on Belleville deserve to be playing here over the sad sacks already on the team.

Its not about deserving it, it's about doing what's right for the player long term. Being around this head coach and the toxic situation isn't a better situation than playing meaningful games in Belleville. He deserves that because of how Important he is to the future of the club.

He'll be a fixture here next year under hopefully a more progressive coach who will give him good ice time and linemates.

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
No you don’t, you want to crap all over everything no matter what, always finding some way to make it negative. This is just another example
We really don’t need to look to hard.

Actually, Belleville’s recent success was the one thing I found positive about the season. Apparently that was too much.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Are you for real right now???We are stripping the team down to an expansion level,without the reward of drafting in the top 3...Nobody hates or is downplaying the kids and their effort level....Its the senseless devoiding of anything remotely close to quality experienced nhl talent,that isnt fair to anyone including our kids....

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Are you for real right now???We are stripping the team down to an expansion level,without the reward of drafting in the top 3...Nobody hates or is downplaying the kids and their effort level....Its the senseless devoiding of anything remotely close to quality experienced nhl talent,that isnt fair to anyone including our kids....

Not to mention that coming together to make a late push into the playoffs and hopefully a decent playoff run would be tremendous. It would allow them to test their mettle and show them what it takes to play in “must win” situations for weeks on end.

If they manage to squeak in and go on a run it would also create a bond between a lot of these sure fire future senators (Brown, Batherson, Wolanin, Lajoie, Balcers, Paul, Gus) which would be beneficial to the senators later on.

The sens have benefitted from AHL chemistry/winning culture in the past with the Calder cup winning team when guys like Smith, Condra, Greening, Daugavins, Cowen, Butler, Gryba, Boro, Wiercioch all came up together and already had noticeable chemistry together. Similar to the 04 lockout team where Spezza, Vermette, Kelly, Neil, Emery, Volchenkov, Schubert, McGrattan, Bochenski all played together (despite having a disappointing playoffs). There’s a definite benefit to keeping them in the AHL for this season.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013

Did his last call up damage his ability to play in the AHL? A few more games in the NHL will give him more to work on in the summer,
I don’t see the harm with rewarding the kid and letting him enjoy the the NHL lifestyle. Do you ever think the players in the city would enjoy some support once and while?
No not money, just happy good vibes support? Good god walking around in a city full of negative crap attitudes towards everything you do at work must be really taxing on these guys.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Did his last call up damage his ability to play in the AHL? A few more games in the NHL will give him more to work on in the summer,
I don’t see the harm with rewarding the kid and letting him enjoy the the NHL lifestyle. Do you ever think the players in the city would enjoy some support once and while?
No not money, just happy good vibes support? Good god walking around in a city full of negative crap attitudes towards everything you do at work must be really taxing on these guys.
My anger and frustration has nothing to do with the great group of kids we do have,it what awaits them if things dont change

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Batherson went 9 games without a point upon being returned to the AHL from Ottawa. He suffered in the short term for sure and was sapped of confidence and creativity. Boucher is bad with these talented prospects. Keep them away from him.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Its been like one year of negativity that was 100% self induced by the organization. They obviously see it since they're bailing too. Pretty sure they understand there bud.

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
My anger and frustration has nothing to do with the great group of kids we do have,it what awaits them if things dont change

Ya but it’s just the all around attitude and vibe, he can read he has ears,
he’s not good he’s a. PR stunt, no I mean he’s not ready, well I mean he might be but let’s not give him the chance he’s a little baby and we should protect him.. No I mean the GM is stupid it’s stupid to think Drake might be “the guy” only an idiot would think he could make it in the NHl right now.
Just let the kid play a couple games and be happy

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Ya but it’s just the all around attitude and vibe, he can read he has ears,
he’s not good he’s a. PR stunt, no I mean he’s not ready, well I mean he might be but let’s not give him the chance he’s a little baby and we should protect him.. No I mean the GM is stupid it’s stupid to think Drake might be “the guy” only an idiot would think he could make it in the NHl right now.
Just let the kid play a couple games and be happy
We arent the ones that have put him into this situation,he is being called up as we trade one of our best players,and while we await to trade two others....Thats on PD and EM ,for failing the team yet again

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
We arent the ones that have put him into this situation,he is being called up as we trade one of our best players,and while we await to trade two others....Thats on PD and EM ,for failing the team yet again

. They put him on a pro hockey team and pay him money, the complaining and negativity is 100% on people like you.
This guy was drafted late 121 he was a huge outside shot of making it, I can’t imagine how stoked he is. Let him enjoy it

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
. They put him on a pro hockey team and pay him money, the complaining and negativity is 100% on people like you.
This guy was drafted late 121 he was a huge outside shot of making it, I can’t imagine how stoked he is. Let him enjoy it
I have not said anything negative about Batherson...We all knew he would get another shot this season as he had a good showing during his first call up...Iam pissed about how he has to be called up

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Poor Batherson must be so depressed after spending his entire afternoon reading HFOttawa where not a single person says anything negative about him. I'm sure he's turned on TSN or Sportsnet and is well aware of the situation.

No you right if you were famous and everything you did at work was spoken about on tv and social media you would have no idea what was said about you? You would have no clue as to the general vibe surrounding you?

Poor Batherson? Sure pick on the new kid now, no one else is left for you to shit on

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
No you right if you were famous and everything you did at work was spoken about on tv and social media you would have no idea what was said about you? You would have no clue as to the general vibe surrounding you?

Poor Batherson? Sure pick on the new kid now, no one else is left for you to **** on
Then he should go talk to his bosses about why they've created this shit show situation where legacy players have been tossed out, media is calling them out, fans are revolting, and players don't want to stay. This is the reality of the Senators and unfortunately for him, that's the team that drafted him. Surely he can see this is by far the worst team in the league for himself.

We're shitting on the people responsible for putting together this roster not the players for playing in roles way over their heads due to such a massive lack of mature talent. Literally not a bad thing has been said about Drake and if you want to talk bs about trashing players on their way out of town, maybe you should look at Dorion or their PR hype man Garrioch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->