Batherson and Brown recalled

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
This better be a stopgap solution. I'm sure it's not though.

These kids are better served going back to the A at some point and playing meaningful games instead of rotting away with this group this year.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
It will be nice to see Batherson again & Brown to see how they have progressed this yr. I'm not expecting a whole lot & not expecting them to stick after the trade deadline either. I hope they do well.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
This is so, so, so dumb.

Let them play in Belleville you absolute ****tards!!!

So they give up on Belleville in order to allow our top prospects to fully bask in the toxicity that is the Ottawa Senators.

This pisses me off way more than the healthy scratches yesterday. Way, way more.

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
I disagree.

Batherson is dominating the AHL this season. I don’t think he has much left to learn there.

He would learn a lot more playing against bigger and better players in the NHL. With at least Duchene gone Batherson should get plenty of ice time in the NHL

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I guess screwing up Ottawa isn't enough. They need to screw over Belleville as well. Hey, maybe we can run the trifecta and screw over Brampton, too.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
I disagree.

Batherson is dominating the AHL this season. I don’t think he has much left to learn there.

He would learn a lot more playing against bigger and better players in the NHL. With at least Duchene gone Batherson should get plenty of ice time in the NHL

Well, learning to win might be a possibility in Belleville. Definitely not in Ottawa. There's more than just on ice hockey skills to learn.

Tkachuk should have gone to London with Formenton this year too, if only to slide a year on his ELC rather than wasting it on this season.

Reactions: billpo

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
This is so, so, so dumb.

Let them play in Belleville you absolute ****tards!!!

So they give up on Belleville in order to allow our top prospects to fully bask in the toxicity that is the Ottawa Senators.

This pisses me off way more than the healthy scratches yesterday. Way, way more.
They trying to sell tickets for tonight

JessicaN

Sep 11, 2012
I actually like this a lot.

If you want NHL players you have to play them in the NHL. Senators are not making the playoffs so it's a low pressure environment to learn in. They will get plenty of ice time as well.

Reactions: DJB

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
At most they are going to miss two Belleville games (I hope). Because a stretch run for the playoffs is good for them.

Both are deserving of a call up and giving these nibbles feeds their motivation and hunger to stick here.

At least they will be more entertaining than the last two guys

Reactions: senswon

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Another in a long line of dumb, shortsighted moves.

If anything we should be consolidating talent in Belleville to (1) try to get them to the playoffs and (2) protect the youth from the poisoned, losing environment.

There’s no way we’re clawing out of 31st. Might as well just fill our NHL team with Archibalds and Elliotts and send the Balcers, Browns, Lajoies and Bathersons to the AHL.

Reactions: Acidrain66 and Deku

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007

If you want NHL players you have to play them in the NHL. Senators are not making the playoffs so it's a low pressure environment to learn in. They will get plenty of ice time as well.

Unfortunately, this is not a normal situation. This is the owner slashing costs and while the team used to be young enough to believe in its ability, the illusion is gone and everyone knows the cheap asshole at the top doesn't want to pay to provide adequate support to his employees. Hey Brown and Batherson! Welcome to crap ville, population us!

Belleville was going well and making a serious push for the playoffs, hurting Belleville will achieve nothing because the Senators are a festering wound that should be left alone until it is disinfected over the summer. It will still be a gian, disgusting scab next season but there will still be a reset that everyone involved really needs.

Reactions: Bileur and Deku

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Well, learning to win might be a possibility in Belleville. Definitely not in Ottawa. There's more than just on ice hockey skills to learn.

Tkachuk should have gone to London with Formenton this year too, if only to slide a year on his ELC rather than wasting it on this season.

I think Batherson & Brown are just callups for the weekend until after the trade deadline when they should be returned to Belleville to continue the push for the playoffs.

I don't disagree but we obviously don't know all of the variables that went with Tkachuk turning pro & one of them could have been making the NHL roster rather than for him to return to school or London, who knows? We might see the same with Norris or JBD next yr.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
I disagree.

He has the playoffs to learn.

Mark Effin Stone

I miss Kuba
May 10, 2010
Stockholm

guy-boucher-getty.jpg

Are we sure about that though? :sarcasm:

Reactions: DrEasy and gab6511

billpo

Jun 28, 2006

sorry...these are kids...keeping them away from this toxic environment.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Belleville plays tonight too. I'd be fine with this if they didn't but Belleville probably has no chance of winning with Chlapik, Brown and Brown up here. They can't afford to lose games. Anyone know if Abramov will make it there for the game?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad