Confirmed with Link: Batherson activation

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
its all a matter of getting stronger and faster and that play on Namestnikovs goal was very encouraging.

He's got the hands, vision, and hockey IQ to be a 1st liner.

Reactions: NB613

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
He was good last night … If he can continue to play like that we have a player.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Sky's the limit for him.

He has 1st liner written all over.

**** why did we get rid of Stone.

2 things I suppose, even 3 :

- People might not want to work for Melnyk if given the choice (so when you reach UFA status...)
- More money, more term and/or more clauses elsewhere (can't expect every player to take "hometown discounts")
- Stone knowing how the Senators run on a budget might have been wondering how long until the budget would allow the team to be competitive again, he said he didn't want to go through a rebuild.

Life would be much easier with Mark Stone and let's say we get Lafreniere (and then we pick Drysdale with the 2nd first), we could have had in the near future with a 1A/1B/3A/3B forward group :

Lafreniere-Brown-Batherson : Laf would make B&B reach their potential
Tkachuk-Norris-Stone : Stone would make Norris and Tkachuk reach their potential
Formenton-White-Balcers : speed, skill, agitation
Paul-Chlapik-Brown : hustle, size, speed

Chabot-Drysdale : Do I need to talk about the potential of that pairing lol
Wolanin-JBD : could also a more than excellent 2nd pairing
Lajoie/Alsing-Thomson/Jaros : enough depth to have a really solid 3rd pairing

Hogberg/Daccord/Gustvasson

Abramov, Pinto, Gruden, Crookshank, Davidsson, Kastelic, Novak, Nurmi still developping
Tychonick Guenette still developping
Mandolese and Sogaard still developping
And plethora of 2nd round picks and returns for Pageau, Tierney, Duclair and DeMelo, etc.

Dang, Sens life would be much easier if he was still on board. Wish he could have been patient and re-sign despite of Melnyk, doesn't look like Vegas is a contender going forward.

Last edited:

Silky Johnson

I wish you all the bad things in life.
Mar 9, 2015
London, UK
2 things I suppose, even 3 :

- People might not want to work for Melnyk if given the choice (so when you reach UFA status...)
- More money, more term and/or more clauses elsewhere (can't expect every player to take "hometown discounts")
- Stone knowing how the Senators run on a budget might have been wondering how long until the budget would allow the team to be competitive again, he said he didn't want to go through a rebuild.

Life would be much easier with Mark Stone and let's say we get Lafreniere (and then we pick Drysdale with the 2nd first), we could have had in the near future with a 1A/1B/3A/3B forward group :

Lafreniere-Brown-Batherson : Laf would make B&B reach their potential
Tkachuk-Norris-Stone : Stone would make Norris and Tkachuk reach their potential
Formenton-White-Balcers : speed, skill, agitation
Paul-Chlapik-Brown : hustle, size, speed

Chabot-Drysdale : Do I need to talk about the potential of that pairing lol
Wolanin-Brannstrom : could also a more than excellent 2nd pairing
Lajoie/Alsing-JBD/Jaros : enough depth to have a really solid 3rd pairing

Hogberg/Daccord/Gustvasson

Abramov, Pinto, Gruden, Crookshank, Davidsson, Kastelic, Novak, Nurmi still developping
Thomson, Tychonick Guenette still developping
Mandolese and Sogaard still developping
And plethora of 2nd round picks and returns for Pageau, Tierney, Duclair and DeMelo, etc.

Dang, Sens life would be much easier if he was still on board. Wish he could have been patient and re-sign despite of Melnyk, doesn't look like Vegas is a contender going forward.

Brannstrom and Stone in this scenario...how?

Reactions: NB613

Alfie11

Feb 23, 2018
Sky's the limit for him.

He has 1st liner written all over.

**** why did we get rid of Stone.

Ottawa didn't get rid of Stone so much as they knew he was leaving and made a trade.

They didn't offer a competitive contract and they couldn't offer him a strong team to play on.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
This kid was buzzing last night! What I really like is that he’s hitting hard every time he goes into a board battle or in on forecheck. He looks like a huge young kid out there.

You can’t teach throwing checks every time, and he seems to be a guy who engages physically.

Starting to be damn impressed with him, he’s looking like he can make the jump!

Reactions: Sen sational

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad