Confirmed with Link: Batherson activation

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
More like the asspiece. Nothing but garbage from Brucie most of the time.

It’s too bad the media doesn’t hire some of the top notch critics from here. They know what is what all the time.

If there was a bigger market there would be more reporters on the Sens beat.

Imagine the emails and tweets these guys get from the haters daily. Toxic.

It is part of the job I guess.

Anyhow. Batherson was a quick call up. He could even be a healthy scratch. As long as he keeps tearing up the AHL, I am more than satisfied knowing he is getting better and big minutes down there.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Pretty solid looking fourth round pick.
This is what Ottawa needs a few more of these guys who were drafted later becoming real good players for them. As long as Duclair & C. Brown are on this team Batherson slides onto the 3rd line behind on the right side.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
This is what Ottawa needs a few more of these guys who were drafted later becoming real good players for them. As long as Duclair & C. Brown are on this team Batherson slides onto the 3rd line behind on the right side.

With Bath up:

Connor Brown belongs on the third line, he will be more effective and faster and likely more productive playing his natural role. As a shutdown guy with offensive instincts or a guy that beats the other team's 3rd line.

Batherson should play top 6 to prove where he should play the rest of the season. He has the opportunity to play meaningful playoff games in BSens, winning is not the priority but proper development is. But if he is up, then he should be given the opportunity to play his natural role.

The Worst One

Who wants to die?
Oct 5, 2017
With Bath up:

Connor Brown belongs on the third line, he will be more effective and faster and likely more productive playing his natural role. As a shutdown guy with offensive instincts or a guy that beats the other team's 3rd line.

Batherson should play top 6 to prove where he should play the rest of the season. He has the opportunity to play meaningful playoff games in BSens, winning is not the priority but proper development is. But if he is up, then he should be given the opportunity to play his natural role.
Ain't gonna happen until DJ's pets are gone.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Same as Balcers, one of the hottest players in the AHL is gonna come up, play 8 minutes and then when he has cooled off, he will be sent back down and expected to contribute as he was before the callup. If you are getting bring up these guys, you gotta play them. I get the "earning their ice time" argument, isn't that why they are being called up?

C'mon DJ, play these guys!
As much as I dislike his handling of some of the player personnel, I have a hard time blaming him. He's coaching for his future in the NHL and not just the Senators. I think its a tough go getting any coach to follow the GM's wishes through a rebuild.

Reactions: bert

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
As much as I dislike his handling of some of the player personnel, I have a hard time blaming him. He's coaching for his future in the NHL and not just the Senators. I think its a tough go getting any coach to follow the GM's wishes through a rebuild.

DJ's job is to maximize whatever he was given in a budget driven roster. I think he is doing better than most thought.

Dorion's job is to ensure he trades and acquires assets to finish the rebuild (while making the team poorer in the standings).

When the defence is healthy, DJ's team will make it close in most games, winning some at home. PDsure needs to make this team's focus less on standings and more on player development. Via trades the roster can be weakened enough to assure a higher draft pick while giving prospects some quality NHL games before AHL post season begins.

Reactions: Ice-Tray

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Anyhow. Batherson was a quick call up. He could even be a healthy scratch. As long as he keeps tearing up the AHL, I am more than satisfied knowing he is getting better and big minutes down there.

He better play, because Belleville is also playing tonight and he could be playing there if he isn't here.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
DJ's job is to maximize whatever he was given in a budget driven roster. I think he is doing better than most thought.

Dorion's job is to ensure he trades and acquires assets to finish the rebuild (while making the team poorer in the standings).

When the defence is healthy, DJ's team will make it close in most games, winning some at home. PDsure needs to make this team's focus less on standings and more on player development. Via trades the roster can be weakened enough to assure a higher draft pick while giving prospects some quality NHL games before AHL post season begins.
I don't disagree.

I worry that there won't be a drop off after deadline shedding and that we'll actually improve.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Same as Balcers, one of the hottest players in the AHL is gonna come up, play 8 minutes and then when he has cooled off, he will be sent back down and expected to contribute as he was before the callup. If you are getting bring up these guys, you gotta play them. I get the "earning their ice time" argument, isn't that why they are being called up?

C'mon DJ, play these guys!
Balcers played 13:02

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Just Yesterday, Did Dorion not say that they want to keep Batherson in Belleville and call him up to stay when he's ready.

So 1 more game did it huh?
It’s an injury call up, this is not his promotion. However if he blows up maybe he stays.

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
Top-6 player is injured, so Batherson comes up.
Rewards the kid for destroying down in Belleville.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Here is how this thread will play out:

Group A-

"Finally they are rewarding prospects who deserve to be here. The kids are alright!"

Group B-

"Why are they rushing these guys, are they desperate for wins? This is a tank season! "

Group A (after one game):

"Send him down he is not ready "

Group B (after one game):

"It is only one game, he needs time, good for the tank though!"
So group B actually knows what they are talking about.

Reactions: Caesar Rex and h2

h2

Mar 26, 2002
He should be in the AHL working on consistency. This is a tank year. Ottawa loves rushing prospects.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Batherson will only play if Duclair does not, and that will be a game time decision, if they made it right now Batherson could make it back to Belleville by the end of the first period:laugh::laugh:

h2

Mar 26, 2002
So group B actually knows what they are talking about.

This.

Proud member of Group B.

I don't care if a few players lose confidence because we suck. Getting Lafreniere is worth it.

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
I really hope Batherson is able to take another step in his game next year. He's young and is full of potential, but still doesn't look totally comfortable in the NHL right now. Nice to see him getting decent ice time though.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I really hope Batherson is able to take another step in his game next year. He's young and is full of potential, but still doesn't look totally comfortable in the NHL right now. Nice to see him getting decent ice time though.

It’s funny, he’s at that stage of showing flashes, but some GMs he’s pretty much invisible. It’s hard to judge the kids on a team that lacks so much talent, especially when we’re playing the top teams.

A solid summer and camp should see him as a regular next year with lots of leash to grow.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad