Basketball tournaments

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
What a play by France to take the lead...40 seconds to go. France lead by 2.

US with 3 open looks at 3's and miss them all :laugh:

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
France ran that same inbound play twice and hit two 3's in a row to get them back in the game.

member 305909

I don't watch basketball at all but I've heard that these days there are more foreigners, I mean non-Americans, in the NBA than before and the number keeps on rising.

The NBA seems to go the same route as the NHL

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Basketball is arguably the second most popular sport globally behind soccer, and it's growing. The rest of the world has definitely been catching up and the pool of international talent is getting wider and deeper with each year basically everywhere.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Basketball is arguably the second most popular sport globally behind soccer, and it's growing. The rest of the world has definitely been catching up and the pool of international talent is getting wider and deeper with each year basically everywhere.

Maybe, but at the latest NBA draft there were only 14 non-American players taken (and even of them several were dual US citizens). In hockey this year the first 60 picks had 21 non-North Americans.

Reactions: shanewalsh

BobColesNasalCavity

Oct 15, 2016
West Side
NBA rules have made the USA soft. They basically became a jump shot team today. The rest of the world plays with FIBA rules all the time and as a result the style of play is much different. It is more of a half court game and much more physical with less fouls. It was like they were surprised they weren’t getting calls and just stopped being aggressive.

Also the lack of quality bigs for USA should be concerning. Outside of McGee they have no size.

Reactions: shanewalsh

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Can anybody tell me why France has a player wearing #93?

I thought that Olympic players wore numbers 1 to 15 inclusive?

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Can anybody tell me why France has a player wearing #93?

I thought that Olympic players wore numbers 1 to 15 inclusive?

The Americans do 4 to 15, but there's no rule making it so.

"Teams may only use numbers 0 and 00 and from 1 to 99."

UncleElroy

Can Stan
Jun 22, 2021
That and the nba is a joke of a league for how it’s officiated. You can actually play hard in your face defense in every other basketball league in the world besides the nba. So I’m not shocked to see the US struggle. These guys are playing a game of basketball that is unfamiliar

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad