Bashkirov's

Kevin Forbes

Jul 29, 2002
Nova Scotia
www.kforbesy.ca
There's a visible difference between Ruslan and Roman. Ruslan is much more talented and plays a more NHL style game whereas Roman seems tentative on the ice. I could see Ruslan going in the second or third round and Roman probably won't go until the last three rounds or so.

JeromeHP

Jan 9, 2003
Montreal
hockeyprospect.com
What great about Ruslan that he play with an edge, he's a gamer but some scout said earlier this season that he always did the same move in the offensive zone,also need to improved is skating...he kind of remind me a slower richard zednik

Rookie Chargers

Sep 17, 2005
Quebec
From what I have read, there will be a big distance between picks. It could be that the team picking one picks the other as well. In this case the distance between picks will be shortened. All depends on a team's motives.

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
patrik roy seems said ruslan will go in the first round. I wouldn't be surprised though if Atlanta grabs him in the second round, because roy coresponds with bob hartly reglarly, and roy seems to like bashkirov.

kostybros

Oct 28, 2005
Qc city
To answer the question yeaa they played together and their center was kelsey tessier (16years old/top 2008 draft prospect)

I saw them with Esposito at C when Petit and aubin were on the 1st line and esposito was with the twins, that was a very fast line!!

I'm a rempart fan but I've never seen russians get adapted so quickly to the new ice and the new system as the twins. They are hard worker and they try to speak english a lot so they will improve on that, unlike other who just don't care.

Rulsan could be a steal in the 2nd round IMO. Radulov as a 18yo wasn't as good as Rulsan whoi is still 17 turning 18. Radulov took a full year to adapt and was a bomb the year after.

Roman, as a junior player, is just as good as Ruslan but he's underrated because he's about 5'9 (175-180) while his bro has the pro size of about 6' and 185lbs. Roman reminds me of a slower samsonov with a good shot. Ruslan will protect the puck well and is more of a passer.

The all-star CHL game shows you that Ruslan could be a first rounder and as a habs fan, i'd like him at 22 or later.

elvisisalive

Feb 20, 2007
I'm sorry, but I can't agree with that assessment of Ruslan. I scouted him 4 times this season, and found him to be the softest player I've seen in years, he simply gave up every single time he was confronted. he's a quick skater with above average lateral mobility, and he has a snipers quick release. The best comparison I can think of is Inge Hammerstrom. My recommendation to my team was to stay away from him. It's too bad because he's very talented. I watched him play mostly with Esposito, though Roy moved the brothers around quite a bit, sometimes playing together, sometimes apart. Tessier is going to be a player to watch next year, a little small, but he really competes hard, and plays a smart game, always in the right place at the right time, a pretty impressive trait for a young player

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
I'm sorry, but I can't agree with that assessment of Ruslan. I scouted him 4 times this season, and found him to be the softest player I've seen in years, he simply gave up every single time he was confronted. he's a quick skater with above average lateral mobility, and he has a snipers quick release. The best comparison I can think of is Inge Hammerstrom. My recommendation to my team was to stay away from him. It's too bad because he's very talented. I watched him play mostly with Esposito, though Roy moved the brothers around quite a bit, sometimes playing together, sometimes apart. Tessier is going to be a player to watch next year, a little small, but he really competes hard, and plays a smart game, always in the right place at the right time, a pretty impressive trait for a young player

are you scouting for an NHL team??

a lot of people here seem to say they do, but i find it hard to believe everyone. im not saying you are not a scout. im just asking.:)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad