OT: Baseball?

Braeden

Jul 14, 2009
Watched the last 2 Jays games in entirety. Game against the Angels was crazy, game against the White Sox was depressing. Hoping for a better game today. Maybe we'll see Aoki?

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
I can't wait until the Jays are irrelevant again and the country forgets they exist.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
I can't wait until the Jays are irrelevant again and the country forgets they exist.

I am partly looking forward to it to so the posers can forget them and the haters can stop talking about how much they hate them.

Then I can watch them lose in peace, just like the good ol' days.

denkiteki

Jun 29, 2010

Probably won't have to wait too long... raising ticket prices when you miss the playoffs will turn off fans in Toronto. Losing/rebuilding will make everyone else lose interest. :laugh:

Although from what i heard, the Canadians are fun to watch so i might try to catch a few games this year. Jays put quite a few of their picks this year there (including both their first round picks and Kacy Clemens, which probably means his dad might show up too :laugh: ).

The Stig

Your hero.
Feb 14, 2013
Maple Ridge B.C.

Looks at post....looks at avatar

dgflZEF.jpg

Bad News Benning

Fallin for Dahlin?
Jan 11, 2003
Victoria
Visit site

doubt that happens...there is a deep following of fans beyond the obnoxious bangwagoners.

I'm not exactly a seahawks (nfl) or raptors (nba) fan but I'm not going to hate them or people who cheer for them in BC just because a bunch of obnoxious people jumped on that bandwagon when they became good.

denkiteki

Jun 29, 2010
doubt that happens...there is a deep following of fans beyond the obnoxious bangwagoners.

I'm not exactly a seahawks (nfl) or raptors (nba) fan but I'm not going to hate them or people who cheer for them in BC just because a bunch of obnoxious people jumped on that bandwagon when they became good.

There will be a following but it would likely be half the size or even smaller. That makes a huge difference in terms of revenue and also the amount of money the team can spend.

Remember baseball is basically the only major NA team sport without a salary cap of some form and their luxury tax system isnt as restrictive as the NBA, so that lost revenue will make the team less competitive which creates a loop of more fans losing interest.

All this could happen quite soon depending on next season since Donaldson could be a UFA and the Jays top prospects have 2019/2020 eta.

Rotting Corpse*

Sep 20, 2003
Kelowna, BC
Also, like, who cares?

I have been a hardcore Jays fan since 2003. From the days of Cliff polite and Jeff tam. Of watching pat hentgen attempt to pitch with absolutely zilch in the tank. Of kerosene lightamatch and Terry Adams. Of the Miguel Batista closer experience. And so on. I sat through years and years of mediocrity with nobody else giving a damn. If you asked me what was the best time to be a fan, holy **** it was the 2015 playoffs. All of a sudden people cared about the jays. All of a sudden the entire bar is watching the game and reacting to every play. This is great! Who the **** cares that these people are bandwagoners? Why does this matter at all? Welcome to the bandwagon I say, take a seat.

Having a bandwagon full of fans is a million times better than being the only one who gives a ****.

Looking forward to going back to how it was is so bizarre to me. So self serving and filled with no true Scotsman esque reasoning. Nobody gives a flying **** about who is a true fan vs who is not. That is not relevant in any aspect of life in any way whatsoever.

But yes, go ahead and give you self a ****job because you are a better fan than other people. That totally matters. Good work.

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
Also, like, who cares?

I have been a hardcore Jays fan since 2003. From the days of Cliff polite and Jeff tam. Of watching pat hentgen attempt to pitch with absolutely zilch in the tank. Of kerosene lightamatch and Terry Adams. Of the Miguel Batista closer experience. And so on. I sat through years and years of mediocrity with nobody else giving a damn. If you asked me what was the best time to be a fan, holy **** it was the 2015 playoffs. All of a sudden people cared about the jays. All of a sudden the entire bar is watching the game and reacting to every play. This is great! Who the **** cares that these people are bandwagoners? Why does this matter at all? Welcome to the bandwagon I say, take a seat.

Having a bandwagon full of fans is a million times better than being the only one who gives a ****.

Looking forward to going back to how it was is so bizarre to me. So self serving and filled with no true Scotsman esque reasoning. Nobody gives a flying **** about who is a true fan vs who is not. That is not relevant in any aspect of life in any way whatsoever.

But yes, go ahead and give you self a ****job because you are a better fan than other people. That totally matters. Good work.

yup it can be annoying at times but it is a hell of a lot more fun when friends/family are excited to watch games and look to get together to do so. Sure beats what we have right now in Vancouver.

Last edited:

Braeden

Jul 14, 2009
Bichette and Vlad Jr will save us. Bandwagoners won't have to worry about losing anymore.

denkiteki

Jun 29, 2010
Bichette and Vlad Jr will save us. Bandwagoners won't have to worry about losing anymore.

2019/2020 ETA. At best they might start next season in AA and be a Sept. call up next year. Shapiro generally doesn't promote prospect as aggressively as other GMs (since he's probably the one pulling the strings not Atkins). Meaning it isn't likely someone skips AAA nor promoted too quickly. It took them 1/2 a season to be promoted this year (for reference) despite dominating the competition. Alford only skipped AAA because they lost pretty much every OF at the same time... :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad