Barzal? Who would LA have to give up?

Sleeping Dog

Fan Since ‘68
Sep 21, 2013
LBC
I know the source is dubious, but EK’s latest post got me wondering - who would Blake have to send to NYI to get Barzal?

"Mathew Barzal is VERY much on the LA Kings radar," a source told me, "and unlike what you wrote yesterday (I wrote that the Isles may be testing to see how much he wants to stay) I 've heard that he may want to be a King."

Considering there isn’t much else to discuss, thought I’d start the dialogue.

A player, a prospect and a pick? Does something like Iafallo, Turcotte and a 2nd do it? Too much? Too little?

ibleedkings

Rob Fake
Jul 19, 2004
Santa Clarita
I know the source is dubious, but EK’s latest post got me wondering - who would Blake have to send to NYI to get Barzal?

Considering there isn’t much else to discuss, thought I’d start the dialogue.

A player, a prospect and a pick? Does something like Iafallo, Turcotte and a 2nd do it? Too much? Too little?

Probably change the 2nd to a first and NYI might consider it.

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale
Hell, I didn't know EK was still around posting his nonsense. NYI would start by asking for Vilardi, Byfield and a 1st. Yeah, no f'ing way, but I bet they would start with that if there was any credibility to this claim of Barzal wanting to leave, which I bet there is none.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
My sources have informed me that the Kings will be acquiring Mitch Marner from Toronto, Patrik Laine from Winnipeg, Johnny Gaudreau from Calgary, and Mat Barzal.

It will happen soon, when you turn the salary cap mode off in NHL 21.

Lt Dan

F*** your ice cream!
Sep 13, 2018
Bayou La Batre
youtu.be
Consider this a future apology to any Islander fans that wandered in to the Kings forum.

This is clickbait. Eklund is trying to stay relevant. Eklund got his clicks from this bullshit and is now like

upload_2020-12-1_9-45-59.jpeg

I'll play along though

But if I am Uncle Lou , I would start by Byfield. When Rob Blake says No, I would normally toilet paper his house, but that shit is gold right now, so I would do the flaming poo bag and have Dominoes deliver a triple anchovy pizza.
I would then call Rob Blake back and ask for the first born male child in every household because we all know that Barzal is going nowhere

Anguyen92

Aug 23, 2020
Again, it's like the Laine rumors that never materialize (or shouldn't materialize). If the Kings are in a better position to push for a deep run in the post-season, they will probably entertain the idea of acquiring someone and taking a big gamble (in terms of giving up big assets for a prime player), but they are not in that position now and shouldn't entertain this idea at all. I don't know why so called "journalists" wants to push these murmurs regarding the Kings.

Choralone

Oct 16, 2010
Burbank, CA
My sources have informed me that the Kings will be acquiring Mitch Marner from Toronto, Patrik Laine from Winnipeg, Johnny Gaudreau from Calgary, and Mat Barzal.

It will happen soon, when you turn the salary cap mode off in NHL 21.

We'll also draft rookies Hugh Jass and B. Toff.

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
He'd be an amazing pickup, and we'd have the forwards to steamroll defenses and goalies left and right depending on the coaching strategy, but even though we have the assets to nearly get anyone, it doesn't mean we should do it. I think Barzal would be an expensive asset wise and he would wreck our cap going forward, especially with all the prospects we have developing. Hopefully we don't do anything too drastic while they develop the prospects. At the very least, if you are going to make a crazy move, let it be on defense.

Reactions: Rumpelstiltskin

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Matt Barzal is an rfa. Kings could just sign him and give up future picks.

Offer sheets are tougher to make sense for all parties than most make it seem.

- Does Barzal want to sign? -- Possibly if he's far apart with the Islanders.

- What type of contract are you offering? 3 year deal that walks him to a potential free agent year? 5 year deal a la Sebastian Aho that only buys out one free agent year?

- What type of contract are you offering that the Islanders wouldn't match? With Johnny Boychuk going on LTIR, the Islanders have about 11 million to spend on Barzal, Matt Martin, Andy Greene, and a 7th defenseman. Rumor has it that Martin/Greene have handshake deals and will sign once Boychuk's LTIR is official.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Isles could hold people captive for whatever they wanted. Think Turcotte, Vilardi, 1st.

That being said even that makes zero sense for the Isles, who are in the middle of competing, giving up their best player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->