Barzal vs Point , who would you rather have ?

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
It's Point. He's does too many things at an elite level to pass up, and his playoff production is elite.

I really like Barzal though. I have both on my fantasy keeper team.

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Point can produce in a phone booth whereas Barzal needs more open ice to be effective. Both great players but going with Point.

Reactions: HockeyWooot

mm11

Jan 26, 2005
Fleming island, Fl
gonna be good debate if barzal can learn from last year. Point schooled him. Let the games begin. I'm a huge Barzal fan. Gotta go with Point right now.

Yackiberg8

Mar 11, 2016
Halifax
No wrong answer. I’m an isles fan so I won’t pick because biased.

I will say that I absolutely love everything about Point. My style of player. Similar to Bergeron. I love guys who are great defensively and highly skilled offensively.
You love players who are great defensively and great offensively. That's bold.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
I really like Barzel and would love to have him on my team, but Point would be my first choice of the two.

Dough72

Sep 3, 2008
"Not close" shouldn't apply to either here.

Barzal for me.

People don't realize how good he is due to the system.
what part of the system is holding him back? He seems free to carry the puck as much as he feels like, and play however he feels like, and his teammates spend the whole shift trying to to get him the puck. Seems like a pretty good gig to me. Guessing an argument about his linemates not committing in the offensive zone as much as other teams? Or something along those lines? I don't watch every Islanders game so could be wrong but I generally don't see him being abandoned out there.

BlueMed

Jul 18, 2019
Objectively false. There's not one thing Barzal does better than Point, literally not one thing.

It's Point by a considerable margin. His scoring ability alone is enough to give him a big edge.

Barzal has better skating and better stickhandling. Educate yourself.

Reactions: ThreeLeftSkates

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad