Barzal vs Point , who would you rather have ?

HockeyWooot

Jan 28, 2020
Point is a clutch performer also has some jam and grit. Barzal arguably more skill, if they swapped teams he’d do some damage with a Kucherov.

Toss up.

I think they’re both fits for their respective teams.

Sens With Benefits

Feb 4, 2010
Canada
hqdefault.jpg

I take Point

Reactions: Vasilevskiy

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
If Barzal played with Kucherov, he'd be just as good.

This is like the 2nd straight playoffs where Barzal is like 4th in team scoring, he's not being held back offensively when he can't even outscore Pageau or Beauvillier. Biggest difference between them is Barzal is a perimeter passer and Point drives the net.

Absolut

Mar 7, 2002
NYC
This is like the 2nd straight playoffs where Barzal is like 4th in team scoring, he's not being held back offensively when he can't even outscore Pageau or Beauvillier. Biggest difference between them is Barzal is a perimeter passer and Point drives the net.
You are correct. But it's much easier to contain one threat. Every team knows to zero in on Barzal. He gets no space in the playoffs. Point is amazing, but it doesn't hurt to play with Kuch and Hedman. Being a Bolts fan, you know those two put the fear of god into the opposition.

BlueMed

Jul 18, 2019
Point

One of the few occasions I think “not even close” is appropriate

People saying Point easily don't know what they are talking about. Both are great skaters, but Barzal has higher top-end velocity, better crossovers and sharper edge work. His hands are also better. I'd actually go with him.

BlueMed

Jul 18, 2019
If Barzal played with Kucherov, he'd be just as good.

Your skill doesn't depend on other players. Don't get skill confused with production. Barzal already has better raw skill (skating, stickhandling, shooting) than Point does. Barzal can literally skate circles around the other team.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Point is the more consistently dangerous player to me, and it’s not his line mates. Usually the other way around. Has always reminded me of young Yzerman.

Ignatius

LET HIM IN TO THE BOX
Apr 28, 2010
Sin Bin
I'm a huge Barzal fan but I have been so thoroughly impressed by Point in the playoffs last year and this year. I think he was deserving of the Conn Smythe trophy, and I would argue perhaps more deserving than Hedman. I am just enamored with his "I don't give a ____" demeanor when driving a play to the net. He is fast, fearless, and has such a nice scoring touch. Playoff madman, he's amazing to watch.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Point is the more complete player imo. I'll take him over Barzal

Reactions: Fatass

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
They are very different players, and Point is more effectively offensively and is WAY more effective on the PP. Barzal's untapped talent IMO is defensive. He could become elite defensively, he just needs to set his mind to it.

Reactions: ThreeLeftSkates

Krewe

Mar 12, 2019
They are very different players, and Point is more effectively offensively and is WAY more effective on the PP. Barzal's untapped talent IMO is defensive. He could become elite defensively, he just needs to set his mind to it.
Okay but right now point is already better defensively

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad