Barzal vs Point , who would you rather have ?

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
If you were to build a team around one of these 2 players who would you pick ? Debating this with a friend of mine and would like to see some good takes on this.

ScaredStreit

May 5, 2006
Tampa, FL
I think it really depends on the team and what their needs are. Barzal and Point are played in different scenarios and systems so it's tough. Homer vote for Barzal.

Reactions: HockeyWooot

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
They're both really friggin good and you just can't go wrong. I'd like to see what Barzal could do playing with Kucherov and Palat though in a more aggressive system... Probably take Barzal

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
If Isles can knock off Boston tonight, the ECF will be interesting. I thought that Point showed Barzal up last year... Barzal is ultra competitive, he is just hitting a groove and playing with tons of confidence.

I like both players but do wish Barzal drove the middle and crashed the net as much as Point does.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Both great young players. I'd lean toward Point because I think his ability to produce offense in the dirty areas more consistently add more value. He's also a better goal scorer.

Reactions: J T Money

J T Money

Biggest Bozo
Jan 21, 2016
Point by a landslide.

Point has proven time and time again that he can perform and come through in big moments.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
They're both really friggin good and you just can't go wrong. I'd like to see what Barzal could do playing with Kucherov and Palat though in a more aggressive system... Probably take Barzal

I don't think Barzal would do a better job on that line than Point because what Point brings I think better complements what Kucherov does. Point's the speedy guy who'll go to the net and get open to take shots. Barzal plays more of a perimeter passing game, so who is going to be the one driving the net? That's not Kucherov's game.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I'm one of the biggest Barzal fans out there but I take Point

Now having said that, if Barzal was on Tampa and playing with that extreme high offense, there is potential his numbers are thru the roof

Reactions: Neil Racki

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
No wrong answer. I’m an isles fan so I won’t pick because biased.

I will say that I absolutely love everything about Point. My style of player. Similar to Bergeron. I love guys who are great defensively and highly skilled offensively.

nergish

Jun 1, 2019
Barzal jumps off the screen, Point jumps off the score sheet.

Both are fantastic, but it’s Point for me.

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
I don't think Barzal would do a better job on that line than Point because what Point brings I think better complements what Kucherov does. Point's the speedy guy who'll go to the net and get open to take shots. Barzal plays more of a perimeter passing game, so who is going to be the one driving the net? That's not Kucherov's game.

Ok that wasn’t my point though. Barzal’s linemates are considerably less talented than Point’s is the point. Not how they fit with those particular skill sets. Also Trotz’ system absolutely hinders Barzal’s point production.

Reactions: Ghetty Green

Zach716

Pucks in deep
Nov 24, 2018
If I'm TBL I wouldn't mess with a winning formula but I love everything about Matty Barzal. Absolute warrior.

Furio

you got a bee on your hat
Nov 20, 2018
Naples
Hard to say… I would love to see Point and Barzal switch teams/teammates/coaching systems.

I lean towards Point because he seems to be a bit more gritty and clutch, but Barzal is a sicko in his own right.

Reactions: shello

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Yeah, Point.

Hard to argue with his playoff track record. Maybe Barzal can do better and maybe he can't - but Point's proven it. Smythe worthy run last year, and stepping up again this year

Thread. Point is the real deal in the playoffs. No questions asked.

95snipes

Dec 11, 2019
It's a fair comparison, but Point for me. His game just keeps growing on me. I would have said Barzal last year.

For me these two and Aho are all in the same tier.

Reactions: Ghetty Green

GeeoffBrown

Jul 6, 2007
The Flames could really use a sniper, so it's gotta be Point. Plus, he's a Calgary boy!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad