Bartovic or Ellison?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sveiglar

Feb 27, 2002
Yeah, it's for a fantasy draft... (shame)

I'm leaning toward Matt Ellison (CHI) having more upside, but I wonder if people who have seen Milan Bartovic (BUF) play would argue otherwise.

What say you all?

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
I haven't seen Ellison so I can't make a direct comparison, but I can tell you about Bartovic. He's basically a faster version of Vaclav Varada without the cheapshots. He can really fly and goes 200lb+ now. He's a 3rd liner that'll chip in 8-10 goals, 25-30 points. He scored well 23gp 1g 8a 9pts during his time with the Sabres playing with Afinogenov and Roy. He was drafted for his offensive prowess, at the time he was called a bigger version of Afinogenov. If he keeps working hard, he'll be solid NHLer.

Digable5

Buffalo Proton (Positively Charged)
Feb 23, 2004
West Seneca
Buffaloed said:
I haven't seen Ellison so I can't make a direct comparison, but I can tell you about Bartovic. He's basically a faster version of Vaclav Varada without the cheapshots. He can really fly and goes 200lb+ now. He's a 3rd liner that'll chip in 8-10 goals, 25-30 points. He scored well 23gp 1g 8a 9pts during his time with the Sabres playing with Afinogenov and Roy. He was drafted for his offensive prowess, at the time he was called a bigger version of Afinogenov. If he keeps working hard, he'll be solid NHLer.
I think that's an accurate but optimistic view of Bartovic. What Buffaloed didn't mention is that he still isn't garaunteed a roster spot on the parent club next year. Plus with Connolly returning, Paille and Vanek signed and Pominville ready for a shot in the NHL, Bartovic may be one of many forwards without a place to play in Buffalo. He played amazing with Roy and Afinogenov for a small stretch last year and didn't look out of place when teamed with Mair and Peters(or Pyatt). Like Afinogenov, he's more a playmaker than a finisher. I feel that he is very ubderrated but his upside is still unknown/debateable.

As for Ellison I am of no help to you.

Goodwith Sticks

May 11, 2004
Vancouver
There's the same thread on the poll-board..
I voted Ellison, but homer because I know him from when he played with Cowichan Valley Capitals of the BCJHL. He's an undersized player, but he has very good vision to distribute the puck to his linemates and can finish himself. Good skater as well.. see him as being a 3rd or 4th liner with the Hawks if he makes it, bringing a little more o-pop to one of those bottom two lines. He's a hard competitor as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad