Bartkowski Looks Awful

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
So it was his fault that Krejci pulled up on Grabovski, and instead of taking the body he ( Krejci) tried poking it away and lost that battle? That was a brutally soft backcheck. Not Bartkowski's fault. The Kadri goal was partly Seidenberg's fault, but the pass from JVR to Kadri was sweet, also nothing Bartkowski did wrong there. He pinched beforehand but had support from Looch, which is usually a smart play but the end result was bad.

He looked OK. What did you expect? Not every young call-up is going to step in and light it up. It's not what they are brought up to do and at the very least we should expect them to play solid. He did just what I thought he would, nothing too extravagantly bad or good. His -2 is very misleading.
100% agree.

Bartkowski started off rocky but he had some great defensive plays at his own blueline that led to a few chances. The most telling for me was that he improved as the game went along.

cat400

Jul 30, 2005

I thought Bartkowski looked pretty damn good, honestly. Good on his skates, threw his weight around a bit. I don't know... My expectations were FAR lower than what I saw last night. Bart looks like with some time on the team, he could be a legit bottom-pairing player. :dunno:

I don't get it.

Agree. He was throwing his weight around and as the game progressed was looking quite comfortable handling the puck.

Ogrim

Oct 11, 2012
Stockholm
Bart looks pretty good to me.
There's a slight hesitation on a lot of plays but that's to be expected considering he hasn't seen too much NHL time. Might grow alot with a bigger role.
Edit: Unless that hesitation is actually "butter in his brain" :laugh:

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Happy your not the GM:shakehead

Maybe we should ship out Spooner too while were at it, kid`s produced no pts in 4 games now??? Kids clearly a bust:sarcasm:

Brilliant thread

Eh, with all due respect...I think he's correct.

Bart has been in the organization longer than any other Providence defenseman (bar Cross Iguess.) We got him within weeks of acquiring Kampfer if I remember. Kampfer contributed to a CUp winning team. And had a really good first 20 games in Boston and looked as good as most of our PMDs with short stints have done (but was undersized and Claude couldn't trust him in the playoffs as we know.) He wasn't good enough to stay here permanantly but he was a contributor on the 2011 team and PC tried to get his name on the Cup.

Bartowski has just looked awful and like a liability when called up. Bartowski has been giving chances now for 3 years running. So this thread is more than fair and you cannot compare him to Spooner who is a first year pro.

Hey, I can credit Bartowski for doing OK in Providence (can't be awful down there if he gets a call up) but the guy has had a few looks in Boston and been very bad.

Sentiments like this thread are to be expected, and when Pandawful plays big minutes every night I think questioning some of our decision making is fair and justified.

Any reason Krug shouldn't have been given a look instead? (Only reason I can think of is PC thinks Bartowski has trade value and wants teams to see him.)

*Its just 1 game and Bartowski is a big kid so if he looks better next couple games for us I could be wrong.

rcduthie77

Mar 31, 2007
Hamilton, Ontario
Thought Bartkowski looked fairly good last night. Best thing is he is still young and will continue to learn! Fact is he has NHL size and speed. He makes a hard, crisp first pass and has a good shot from the point.

I believe he and Krug are both going to be solid NHL contributors and if we can develop a couple of Trotman, Cross, Chudinov, Matt Grzelcyk, O'Gara or Cohen into NHL players we will look pretty darn good.

Braunbaer

May 21, 2012
Bart has been in the organization longer than any other Providence defenseman (bar Cross Iguess.) We got him within weeks of acquiring Kampfer if I remember. Kampfer contributed to a CUp winning team. And had a really good first 20 games in Boston and looked as good as most of our PMDs with short stints have done (but was undersized and Claude couldn't trust him in the playoffs as we know.) He wasn't good enough to stay here permanantly but he was a contributor on the 2011 team and PC tried to get his name on the Cup.

Bartowski has just looked awful and like a liability when called up. Bartowski has been giving chances now for 3 years running. So this thread is more than fair and you cannot compare him to Spooner who is a first year pro.

Bartkowski hasn't impressed me either but last I game I thought he did ok. He wasn't bad.
Don't get the comparison to Kampfer though. He was paired with Chara ... anyone who plays next to Chara looks solid.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I could be wrong (its happened on occasion) but Spooner's (21) a legit prospect and Bartkowski (24) appears to be a border line case for NHL.

Nowhere in my post did I state he would be someday a lock for a top 4 D-man spot and you have followed this game long enough I am assuming that you perhaps recognize that he wouldn`t be the first defenseman in history to require time to get "it" and raise his game to find himself in an NHL uniform full time.

3rd year pro defenseman, there once was a time when a prospect or a pick was given the time to develop, and it was hardly shocking to see those prospects/picks given 4-5 years before a team started thinking in a different direction in regards to their future. Now???? If a player hasn`t cracked the pro lineup and isn`t producing within two years, they`ll never make it according to some here (not saying you however)

Bergyfan37*

Rask should of started, Pandolfo needs to go period, Julian's little pet from the Devils is just ridiculously out of place, Chris Bourque has the skills and made plays, Kelly and Peverley's production has been down long before Bourque got there, his exile was way to soon to Providence, and Caron?? has been boring, has no set skills to admire what so ever, Julien seems to be out of touch with this team, wtf are they doing on the power play??? Its terrible, maybe bring in someone to teach a properly set up power play, I'd play Spooner and Bourque together and add a tough guy on there wing, give them room to make plays, they are skilled hockey players!! or maybe Julian can bring up his buddy Trent Witfield again and sit Marchand? remember that move, seems like only yesterday Tim Thomas was carrying Claude's ridiculous player movers, and here we go again, Pandolfo??? really??? and where is Soderberg, he is so good why stay in Europe, where he is? who the hell cares about a league in Europe? The NHL is the hockeyleague of the world, period,,, what is he waiting for?

You realize this thread is about bartkowski right?

hoss75

Nov 8, 2008
Cambridge, MA

I thought Bartkowski looked pretty damn good, honestly. Good on his skates, threw his weight around a bit. I don't know... My expectations were FAR lower than what I saw last night. Bart looks like with some time on the team, he could be a legit bottom-pairing player. :dunno:

I don't get it.
Agree, it's all about expectations.

nmbr_24

Jun 8, 2003
Visit site
If I never see him again in the spoked B it will be too much that I've seen him.

No?

I think we have to give him a little more time. Guys like Matt Hunwick looked good in very small sample sizes. With little more than a first impression many people were ready to say Hunwick could be the puck moving D that everyone thought the Bruins needed at the time. Now we know that would have been a huge mistake just like 2 years from now we may know that Bartkowski started off shaky and then became a solid player. That remains to be seen, but it is possible and I think we need to give him a little more time before we just throw him on the scrap heap.

Bruins 54

Nov 20, 2010
I would be happy if they brought Krug up. He's going o be great.

I didnt Bartkowski did all that bad.

Haven't seen Krug play but looking at the Providence site looks like he is a minus player down there and small by NHL standards for a defenceman.

patty59

Apr 6, 2008
Lethbridge, Alberta
Whose the last defensemen our team has drafted and developed into a solid contributor? Mark Stuart?

For a team that has had the 3 Best D-man of all time (Orr/Shore/Bourque) on the team, we cant draft defensemen for ish.

Dougie Hamilton?

Other than that who is the last D-man the Bruins have drafted, Button?

They didn't even draft Bartkowski

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Eh, with all due respect...I think he's correct.

Hey, I can credit Bartowski for doing OK in Providence (can't be awful down there if he gets a call up) but the guy has had a few looks in Boston and been very bad.

Sentiments like this thread are to be expected, and when Pandawful plays big minutes every night I think questioning some of our decision making is fair and justified.

Any reason Krug shouldn't have been given a look instead? (Only reason I can think of is PC thinks Bartowski has trade value and wants teams to see him.)

*Its just 1 game and Bartowski is a big kid so if he looks better next couple games for us I could be wrong.

For those who actually remember Kampfer, he came out of the gate quick, had tongues wagging here, then decided skating with his head down was wise and then his game became brutal and he bacame expendable, he has since, if I`m not mistaken, not even played 20 games in a Wild uni and is/has been a minor leaguer, like Bartkowski ever since.

Sorry, there`s a reason why Mngt brought him up ahead of Krug, what that may be is not something I`m privy to but......again, I`m not saying Bart has NHL written all over him, I have no clue, but far too many make some pretty hasty judgements which go either way, positive or negative when it comes to evaluating a player.

Remember Matt Hunwick, much said that resembled the talk surrounding Kampfer, he`s had anything but a great career. We`ll see with Bartkowski, is he being played to try and "showcase" him? I don`t know, I`m sorry, I didn`t see him have a great game against the Leafs, nor did he look any worse than anyone else IMO

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->