Bartkowski Looks Awful

panny2727

Oct 12, 2010
If I never see him again in the spoked B it will be too much that I've seen him.

No?

one nhl game, is not a good sample size for anyone. if the team ran there business like this, they would be in the Central hockey league, with 100 player turnover per year

qc

Aug 23, 2011
A 20-something emergency call-up is among the least of our team's problems.

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
If I never see him again in the spoked B it will be too much that I've seen him.

No?

Meh it was just one game on a team that is struggling. Its hard to judge him based on that.

Beers said that around the league a lot of scouts seemed to think he was NHL ready.

CamFan81

HF Snob Agitator
Mar 22, 2009
RI
more like 10 games folks.

Still a bit too early imo, but I will say he hasn't impressed me one bit in the games he's been called up thus far.

Knowing Dmen take longer to develop than most, I'm guessing the bruins can continue his development in providence and work on his brain not being full of butter

Latrappe

If Cam allow it
Nov 3, 2006
Hmmm... You can't ask a TON from Spooner/Bartowski. These guys should be in the "supporting cast" club. They are not here to replace the production of Lucic-Horton and others. Unfair to them...

BruinsPortugal

Dec 3, 2009
Portugal
He had some brain farts but had some good plays too.
It takes adjustment and playing for a team without confidence wont help. Seidenberg looked like he was the one coming from the ahl.

Still have no idea why wasnt Krug the call up.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Whose the last defensemen our team has drafted and developed into a solid contributor? Mark Stuart?

For a team that has had the 3 Best D-man of all time (Orr/Shore/Bourque) on the team, we cant draft defensemen for ish.

NSBruinFan

Jul 17, 2006
Cape Breton, NS
In hockey there is always an adjustment period when moving to the next level. A player needs to get use to the speed/flow of the game. One or two games is not enough time, especially for a D-Man. Players are coming at you a second or two faster. They are stronger on the puck, and just plan better positioned.

A little to early to name him a bust!

11MilesPerJohan

@BeingAHumanBean
Nov 8, 2011
McLean Hospital
Based on expectations from previous call-ups, I didn't expect much, so I actually thought he looked more comfortable in this game than he had previously. At least he played hard, which is more than I can say for some.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
I am on record as saying "Bartkowski is not good enough" but despite the mistakes and the -2 last night I saw a good bit of improvement from his last call up. He looked like he was skating and making decision at NHL speed this time. However d is such a tough postion I do not know if he will ever be at or ahead of the curve.

Neither one was on him and yes he looked fine. Beers and some scouts say he is NHL ready, so lets trade him since we are stacked on D :sarcasm:

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
I assume this is an over reaction to the Grabovski goal, which wasn't his fault at all. Blame Looch for playing matador or Krejci for the softest back check I've ever seen.

Bart actually played quite well IMO, physical, decent skater, didn't make more mistakes than our veteran corps did, even got a few pucks to goal. I have no problem with his game whatsoever.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
I assume this is an over reaction to the Grabovski goal, which wasn't his fault at all. Blame Looch for playing matador or Krejci for the softest back check I've ever seen.

Bart actually played quite well IMO, physical, decent skater, didn't make more mistakes than our veteran corps did, even got a few pucks to goal. I have no problem with his game whatsoever.

We should be talking about how god awful #44 has been this year.

andersonBruinsPEI

Mar 22, 2013
Toronto
Rask should of started, Pandolfo needs to go period, Julian's little pet from the Devils is just ridiculously out of place, Chris Bourque has the skills and made plays, Kelly and Peverley's production has been down long before Bourque got there, his exile was way to soon to Providence, and Caron?? has been boring, has no set skills to admire what so ever, Julien seems to be out of touch with this team, wtf are they doing on the power play??? Its terrible, maybe bring in someone to teach a properly set up power play, I'd play Spooner and Bourque together and add a tough guy on there wing, give them room to make plays, they are skilled hockey players!! or maybe Julian can bring up his buddy Trent Witfield again and sit Marchand? remember that move, seems like only yesterday Tim Thomas was carrying Claude's ridiculous player movers, and here we go again, Pandolfo??? really??? and where is Soderberg, he is so good why stay in Europe, where he is? who the hell cares about a league in Europe? The NHL is the hockeyleague of the world, period,,, what is he waiting for?

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
Hmmm...

this is a team that is struggling. There are some system-wide errors I think that need to be addressed. Something isnt working.
Yet, you take the easy way out and blame one player. Bartkowski is what he is....I dont think HE lost the game for us. My advice to you is...be a leader not a follower. your thread does nothing for me other than create a negative vibe. you've not told me how to make the team better, or even how Bartkowski himself could improve and MAKE THE TEAM BETTER.

Hockey is a fairly simple concept. play your position, skate, dont create penalities for your team and always drive to the net.

Look a little deeper.....I bet you can do better than "Bartkowski sucks"

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009

I thought Bartkowski looked pretty damn good, honestly. Good on his skates, threw his weight around a bit. I don't know... My expectations were FAR lower than what I saw last night. Bart looks like with some time on the team, he could be a legit bottom-pairing player. :dunno:

I don't get it.

Yep my thoughts too. Could turn into a decent bottom pairing guy.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Happy your not the GM:shakehead

Maybe we should ship out Spooner too while were at it, kid`s produced no pts in 4 games now??? Kids clearly a bust:sarcasm:

Brilliant thread

I could be wrong (its happened on occasion) but Spooner's (21) a legit prospect and Bartkowski (24) appears to be a border line case for NHL.

Topshelf88

Jul 27, 2008
So it was his fault that Krejci pulled up on Grabovski, and instead of taking the body he ( Krejci) tried poking it away and lost that battle? That was a brutally soft backcheck. Not Bartkowski's fault. The Kadri goal was partly Seidenberg's fault, but the pass from JVR to Kadri was sweet, also nothing Bartkowski did wrong there. He pinched beforehand but had support from Looch, which is usually a smart play but the end result was bad.

He looked OK. What did you expect? Not every young call-up is going to step in and light it up. It's not what they are brought up to do and at the very least we should expect them to play solid. He did just what I thought he would, nothing too extravagantly bad or good. His -2 is very misleading.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad