Bars to watch in the area?

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
DISCLAIMER: MODS, FEEL FREE TO DELETE/MOVE THIS, I JUST HAD NO IDEA WHERE TO POST THIS

So it's been hard for me to find, but I've been looking for a bar in NYC where devils fans could congregate. It would be nice to have our presence known. Anyone know where a good spot is/would want to meet up in the area? Especially with playoffs starting...

Also, of course this thread can be used for NJ meetups of course, based on county or something. It's fun to watch at home, but even more fun with company

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Party of one!

wiguIk.gif

Reactions: TheUnseenHand

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
I think it would be kind of cool to do an HFBoards get-together for a game or two in the playoffs. Was already tossing the idea around with hitting a bar with omnomnom, maybe in the Wayne area. I'm just so out of the bar scene right now that I don't know where to go anymore. I used to go to the Grasshopper, but it's probably been a decade since I've been there.

Reactions: OmNomNom

OmNomNom

Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
I think it would be kind of cool to do an HFBoards get-together for a game or two in the playoffs. Was already tossing the idea around with hitting a bar with omnomnom, maybe in the Wayne area. I'm just so out of the bar scene right now that I don't know where to go anymore. I used to go to the Grasshopper, but it's probably been a decade since I've been there.
it's been a few months for me :laugh:

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
need some NYC ones :(

Then go to Flight 151

It's tough to get bars in our area to put hockey on over baseball.

Then you have d-bag Rags fans bartenders or managers in NJ who won't put on Devils games or if they do ruin the vibe with douchey comments or rooting against us (I just leave when that's the case)

It's truly Devils vs everybody

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Does this assume game volume will be on? Have to ask

Texas Arizona is the most accessible NYC one. Not bad 20 min travel time

No idea, it's best to call ahead.

If anyone here knows of bars that will have the volume on for the road games let us know.

MachoDiablo

Mar 12, 2012
Jersey City
I live in downtown Jersey City, and partially thanks to the influence of and rampant alcoholic imbibing done by some of my friends and I there over the years, we've seen Lucky 7's become a pretty decent bar if you want to catch hockey, and if enough people are there for the game and there's nothing else happening that night they'll sometimes put the sound on.

That said, it's not exactly the type of bar to cram dozens of people into for a game, but works wonderfully for smaller scale get togethers. For larger groups in that area, stuff like HopScotch and Zeppelin Hall become more necessary.

Aug 10, 2010
NJ
Looking for a bar near the arena/ Iron Bound area to watch the game at Saturday for game 2. Will be at the Red Bull's game at 1 that afternoon

New Jersey Devils

Doc & Chico Forever
Jun 20, 2007
NJ-NYC
The manager of Flight 151 just posted this in the reddit thread:

Hey guys! Brian, manager from Flight 151 here!!!!
Yes, you come, and we will have the sound on!
Also, we added more TVs, including a huge 70" screen!
There is a new menu, with lots of options, and a $4 draft special, and a great new selection of beers!
We are REALLY looking forward to seeing you!
Go DEVILS!!!

OmNomNom

Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
The manager of Flight 151 just posted this in the reddit thread:
Hey guys! Brian, manager from Flight 151 here!!!!
Yes, you come, and we will have the sound on!
Also, we added more TVs, including a huge 70" screen!
There is a new menu, with lots of options, and a $4 draft special, and a great new selection of beers!
We are REALLY looking forward to seeing you taking your money!
Go DEVILS!!!
ftfy :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad