Barry Trotz is leaving Washington per Friedman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kokyi1

May 24, 2018
I'm amazed at the number of non-Caps fans that have a serious itch they need to scratch in this thread. Weird.

Reactions: Sam Spade

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Not surprised or shocked or mad or disappointed. I feel like most Caps fans here knew he was leaving.

If he takes another head coaching job right away I will be surprised but cash is cash, get that money Barry.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Tampa fans seem upset.

Must be because they didn't win the Cup or let their head coach go.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
It does not make a whole lot of sense that Seattle would hire a coach this far in advance. So many things can change and they probably do not even have a front office fully established yet.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

mel

Sponsor
Sep 2, 2006
Boston
Well I was surprised but it seems like most Washington fans weren't so I'll go with the opinions of the fans who have watched the team all year and follow them more closely.

Maybe Trotz goes to the Isles. Would be nice to see them get a competent coach even if it means another tough team in the Penguins division.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Like I said he is the best coach the Caps have had. I'm not convinced Reirdon is a worthy replacement.
Teams had already wanted to talk to Reirdon last year and the Caps wouldn't allow it. I'm sure the decision to let let Trotz go was made a year ago. I don't think the Caps expected to win the cup. Trotz was going to be the fall guy when the Caps failed again but that didnt happen. I think this makes the Caps organization look bad.
Yah. I agree with most of this. It’ll be interesting to see how team does under reirden. Hopefully he turns out to be as good as MacLellan believes

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Can't pay coaches when you need to pay the Metro. Hockeytown, USA.

You should really stick to the Pens board. These kind of posts are pathetic.

You either are really really upset the Caps beat the Pens and won it all........or your parents need to take away your internet privileges for a few weeks so you can focus on your schoolwork.

Reactions: kokyi1

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
giphy.gif
Well...except This?

upload_2018-6-19_22-4-3.jpeg

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
I wonder if it's possible to overstate just how massive a PR blunder this is for Washington, particularly if they have a disappointing season. They let a huge piece of their puzzle (perhaps the most important piece) walk because they are just too cheap. Fans should be outraged.

What kind of message does this send to anybody else looking to join the coaching and front office staff. As soon as you're successful, we'll let you go and hire someone with far less experience and a much less impressive resume to save a few bucks.

This is like thinking you understand a book, by reading just the cover flap. Go and read the Caps forum if you want to understand this whole Trotz situation.

Otherwise, please understand that you don’t know much.

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
Trotz and holtby were both gonna be kicked out of town if they didn't just have that cup run. A month ago wash fans wanted his head so I don't feel like its that surprising he left

Reactions: PredsV82

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
Apparently "Wheres Barry" is going to be meme for a few days. Yesterday the guys on XM quoted a social media post saying he was spotted boarding a plane for Newark and speculated he was looking at the Isles job. Now apparently he was seen in Seattle.

Would be hilariousb if he was just taking connecting flights to somewhere else and accidentally trolled the whole hockey world...

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Bit of a surprise here, figured he'd stay on as coach. Still, he has a Cup now and has been coaching for 20 yrs. I think you'll see him take a yr. or 2 off from coaching.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Bit of a surprise here, figured he'd stay on as coach. Still, he has a Cup now and has been coaching for 20 yrs. I think you'll see him take a yr. or 2 off from coaching.

I think if the Isles agree to his 5 x 5 demand he will coach them next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad