Barry Melrose predicts 2 teams to Canada inside 10 years...

KeydGV21

Jul 25, 2006
on his podcast on ESPN.com... being a podcast there isn't a link (though it's on the front page of ESPN's NHL page right now
http://espn-mp3-od.andomedia.com/espnpod2/espnradio/insider/bash/bash_01042007_6.mp3
it's ESPN Insider so you may not be able to get it...Also it's close to the end, I know there's no timer on the thing but I'd say it's in the last 2-3 minutes of the clip.

He doesn't say that it will be expansion or relocation but given all the talk around here dismissing Canadian markets as potential suitors I'm curious as to the reaction to this.

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
Melrose is a tool. This has nothing to do with more teams in Canada, he's always been a tool.
I still remember back in the Calgary/Detroit playoff series a few years ago, one night he was going on about how Ville Nieminen is such a great player and every team wants a guy like him. Then he ran into Cujo and that night he was saying Nieminen is a disgrace to the NHL and he should be suspended for the rest of the playoffs. Once Calgary made it to the finals he was singing his praises again.
Basically, he just says what he thinks people want to hear.

Last edited:

Sotnos

Jul 8, 2002
Not here
www.boltprospects.com
He doesn't say that it will be expansion or relocation but given all the talk around here dismissing Canadian markets as potential suitors I'm curious as to the reaction to this.
It's Barry Melrose. :dunno: Next week he'll say that Canada will NEVER get another team. He changes positions on things like most people change their underwear.

Foy

Jun 6, 2006
This is the same guy who in one interview said that:

A. Ovechkin is the most physical player in the game today, no player can touch his physicality.
B. Crosby would take Ovechkin in a fight
C. Jarome Iginla is the most physical player in the game today, no player can touch his physicality
D. Crosby could take Iginla in a fight

hexrae

Jun 29, 2006
Peg City
Hockey in Canada will never work, we just don't have the "passion" (read: money) that American's do. :propeller

hockeydadx2*

We in Pittsburgh are actually pleased that Melrose has said the Pens will be moving. This can only bode well for Pittsburgh fans.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->