Line Combos: Barrie the right shot powerplay Quaterback!

paulhiggins

Feb 4, 2006
And to think there were guys here willing to pay him 8M or 9M x 8 years only a few months ago!

Last edited:

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
And to think there were guys here willing to pay him 8M or 9M x 8 years only a weeks months ago!

Fixed :laugh: He is still the player he was last season but I think he is currently suffering from a new system and different use. He should get rolling soon enough and I think he could get his 50ish points however this team needs a right shot Muzzin a lot more than a right shot Gardiner. If he wakes up and shoots the lights out then you keep him for the playoffs and worry about the budget next summer. If he is still struggling when Dermott is back they should really look at moving him.

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
Berg
Cross
Kristich
Hoglund
Marleau
Pleks
And more

Vastly under whelming Leaf tenures

the latest

Barrie

Different sort of defenseman in terms of skating ability but thus far Barrie has brought back memories of the Larry Murphy tenure. For some reason or another, Barrie just doesn't seem to fit with the team.

Another defenseman lost in the sands of time is Brad Maxwell who had been a big minutes guy in Minnesota acquired for John Anderson in the mid-80's. The hopes were very high for this guy and he failed miserably.

Reactions: Teeder Keon

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
Different sort of defenseman in terms of skating ability but thus far Barrie has brought back memories of the Larry Murphy tenure. For some reason or another, Barrie just doesn't seem to fit with the team.

Another defenseman lost in the sands of time is Brad Maxwell who had been a big minutes guy in Minnesota acquired for John Anderson in the mid-80's. The hopes were very high for this guy and he failed miserably.

I know man , the list could be endless of players that for whatever reason just didn’t feel , look or play like a “ Leaf “
Maybe he will turn it around , but thus far he really has looked pedestrian and so average at best , also he doesn’t look happy or relaxed ...

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
I know man , the list could be endless of players that for whatever reason just didn’t feel , look or play like a “ Leaf “
Maybe he will turn it around , but thus far he really has looked pedestrian and so average at best , also he doesn’t look happy or relaxed ...

That guy who had the flesh eating infection on his leg, he never looked comfortable with the Leafs despite being a pretty substantial player elsewhere. Names at the tip of my tongue.

edit: Jeff Brown. His stats didn't look so bad when I looked them up although his career pretty much ended that year.

Last edited:
Reactions: Teeder Keon

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
That guy who had the flesh eating infection on his leg, he never looked comfortable with the Leafs despite being a pretty substantial player elsewhere. Names at the tip of my tongue.

edit: Jeff Brown. His stats didn't look so bad when I looked them up although his career pretty much ended that year.
How about
Mike Van Ryn
Jason Allison
Francois Beauchemin
Jamie Baker
Mark Bell
Garth Butcher
Dave Dunn
Gaston Gingras
To name a bit more lol

horner

May 22, 2007
Fixed :laugh: He is still the player he was last season but I think he is currently suffering from a new system and different use. He should get rolling soon enough and I think he could get his 50ish points however this team needs a right shot Muzzin a lot more than a right shot Gardiner. If he wakes up and shoots the lights out then you keep him for the playoffs and worry about the budget next summer. If he is still struggling when Dermott is back they should really look at moving him.
I think babs has told him to not be so free wheeling and it is screwing him up.
Colorado fans would be like this isn't the Barrie we know.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
And to think there were guys here willing to pay him 8M or 9M x 8 years only a few months ago!

If he proved he could play adequate defense, move the puck out of the zone, and put up decent points, sure paying him $8M might have been worth it (though not for eight years). So far, he's only really been able to move the puck out of the zone. Muzzin and Barrie have tremendous possession stats, but somehow Jake has twice as many points as Tyson. So far, he's played like a $4 mil man max. We shall see if his game picks up, or if he's just not a fit for the system... or if Babcock's system just sucks.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Just wanted to bump this because Barrie took the heat playing for The idiot. What a difference a real coach make. Way to go Barrie, i knew the idiot was screwing him long ago ;)

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
Nylander and Barrie should both be on the power play.

Career high in Power Play points:

1) Barrie: 31 points in 68 games with Colorado
2) Tavares: 32 points in 82 games with NY (2014/15) Career high with leafs 19 points.
3) Nylander: 27 points 81 games in 2016-17
4) Marner:27 points in 82 games (2017/18)
5) Rielly: 25 points in 76 games. (2017/18)
6) Matthews: 22 points in 82 games (2016/17)

PTS/60 Power Play - career high:

1) Marner - 8.8
2) Rielly - 8.6
3) Nylander - 8.4
4) Barrie - 7.3
5) Tavares - 7.0
6) Matthews - 6.9

OIGF/60 - (career 82 game avg)

1) Marner - 9.7
2) Tavares - 8.5
3) Matthews - 8.2
4) Rielly - 7.6
5) Nylander - 6.9
5) Barrie - 6.9

Power play CF % (career 82 game avg)

1) Tavares - 90.1 %
2) Marner - 88.8 %
3) Matthews - 87.3 %
4) Rielly - 87.2 %
5) Barrie - 87.0 %
6) Nylander - 86.2 %

SThr 82 game avg %:

Forwards:

1) Tavares: 58.5 %
2) Matthews: 56.7 %
3) Marner: 53.1 %
4) Nylander: 46.9 %

Defensmen:

5) Barrie: 46.3 %.
6) Rielly: 41.4 % (not surprised that stupid flick shot gets blocked so much)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad