Line Combos: Barrie the right shot powerplay Quaterback!

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Barrie is like a RHD version of Gardiner with the same level of mistakes without the crisp transition. So all the negatives no positives. Will be happy to move on from him. By the looks of things we will be in a life and death fight to make the playoffs and if we don’t make it it will be nice to trade him for futures. Total junk.

Gardiner was way better

Reactions: mulefarm

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
I don't think Leafs were ever going to re-sign him. He's here now because he's only making 2.5 per with the retention? He plays well he gets 7-8 plus he plays bad why do you want him? If he's just average why sign him again especially as someone will over pay him next off season?

Who would give big money to the Barrie we've seen up to this point? I think Muzzin is carrying him.

Ooof on Barrie so far. Not sure he is the kinda D man we needed, other than being a right hand shot.

I thought many fans were happy with the trade? Seemed like that not that long ago. So, are we now saying we gave up a pretty good piece (Kadri) for a weak defender on a one-year rental contract? Ouch.

Reactions: 82Ninety42011

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I thought many fans were happy with the trade? Seemed like that not that long ago. So, are we now saying we gave up a pretty good piece (Kadri) for a weak defender on a one-year rental contract? Ouch.

I don't care about Kadri, I soured on him, it's just that maybe Barrie is not what we needed.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
I don't care about Kadri, I soured on him, it's just that maybe Barrie is not what we needed.
OK, but why not keep a decent center (2C on most teams) with a reasonable contract, or at least get a better player back in a trade? Its not like we couldn't have done those things, or that we didn't have other options. I'm looking at this from an asset management perspective, not as a Kadri fan.

Last edited:

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
I swear they differed way too much to his handedness (right shot) and not enough to the type of player they actually need.

For whatever it may be worth regarding the handedness, Kadri apparently turned down a trade to Calgary that would have reportedly returned TJ Brodie. Regarding Barrie, the defensive aspect does becomes tougher considering the offence isn't quite up to the level hoped for to this point.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
I can't wait to move on from Barrie and his $2.5 million cap hit or whatever. Utterly useless.

Everyone upset with the core salaries really missed on this trade ! This was Dubas’s worst move by far. Kerfoot is ok i like him. Barrie was always a skunky rental that cost us Kadri and a 3rd &1,750,000 more in salary over just keeping the better player (Naz) who could have played left wing or center.

It was a bad trade and everyone knew he was poor defensively coming to a team that gave up way to many shots consistently already.

I think He needs to go to but its to late. Babcock needs to go first because i think Keefe can gather this team up ! It has to be expedited quickly or this season is going to be a battle to make the playoffs if Dubas dithers here.

Ceci can go to because i would rather Sandin and Lilly as soon as Keefe comes on board. Wishful thinking likely because a$$ covering time might be in the cards.

Dubas doesn’t act quick he has destroyed a year. Acts right now. We will be good. Babs,Ceci and Barrie have to go.

ha sounds harsh i know but i believe it’s true.

Hustlr

Oct 1, 2019
Wrong^

Your main premise is that we took on 1.75M but not to ***** about Marner making 10.893M? Kerfoot for Kadri was close enough to a wash if Barrie is anything we win. Unfortunately Barrie is hot trash right now.

Dubas goes and gets a RHD everyone (including yourself) begged him for while banishing a player would missed 2 playoffs in a row and you think it’s his worst move ever? I’m not blaming him, I loved Kadri, but it was the situation he was in.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Wrong^

Your main premise is that we took on 1.75M but not to ***** about Marner making 10.893M? Kerfoot for Kadri was close enough to a wash if Barrie is anything we win. Unfortunately Barrie is hot trash right now.

Dubas goes and gets a RHD everyone (including yourself) begged him for while banishing a player would missed 2 playoffs in a row and you think it’s his worst move ever? I’m not blaming him, I loved Kadri, but it was the situation he was in.

Did you think you were getting Chris Pronger or something. We needed defense, is Barrie defensive! You don’t know how how things usually work on ifs and buts or what. Not good and that applies to everything not just hockey ;)

Hustlr

Oct 1, 2019
Did you think you were getting Chris Pronger or something. We needed defense, is Barrie defensive! You don’t know how how things usually work on ifs and buts or what. Not good and that applies to everything not just hockey ;)

You’re joking right? Your 20/20 hindsight vision is remarkable.

Almost the entire board was stoked AF to see Barrie and how he was “our best RHD in a generation” or whatever.

Marner is the core issue. He ****ed us and this is all his fault. Am I doing this right?

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014

Almost the entire board was stoked AF to see Barrie and how he was “our best RHD in a generation” or whatever.

Marner is the core issue. He ****ed us and this is all his fault. Am I doing this right?

I wasn’t and I’m not a sheep. I don’t care what everyone thinks at times

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
We needed a RHD who could be a defensive stalwart and Barrie only enhances our strengths and weaknesses as a soft, offensive defenseman. He's been a very bad fit to date and is dragging the team down. At this rate we will be looking to trade him at the deadline as a seller.

Hustlr

Oct 1, 2019
I wasn’t and I’m not a sheep. I don’t care what everyone thinks at times

If Barrie came as advertised, even a bit worse, we won that trade. That’s my opinion. Kadri was public enemy number one and looking back at your post history I agreed with you. He was just a victim of circumstance.

I’ll stick to my main point, Marner is the problem with the cap. Here’s your opinion:

Personally i believe 8@$10,000,000 is the number that is reasonable.

Well, it came in at 10.893x6. Over 8 that would be an extra million at least. 1.893M on one player is much more of an overpay than the 1.75M we ate in the 2 for 1 trade.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014

Marner is second highest scoring right winger in the league right now and will likely be #1 by seasons end. I don’t really care if you like him. I do

Hustlr

Oct 1, 2019
Sorry but having Kadri instead of Barrie AND Kerfoot isn’t a win here.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
If Barrie came as advertised, even a bit worse, we won that trade. That’s my opinion. Kadri was public enemy number one and looking back at your post history I agreed with you. He was just a victim of circumstance.

I’ll stick to my main point, Marner is the problem with the cap. Here’s your opinion:

Well, it came in at 10.893x6. Over 8 that would be an extra million at least. 1.893M on one player is much more of an overpay than the 1.75M we ate in the 2 for 1 trade.

Good trade barrie and ee are even ;)

Hustlr

Oct 1, 2019
Your initial point was we shouldn’t ***** about the stars contracts when we ate an extra 1.75M on this trade.

Well guess what, according to you, we overpaid Mitch by more than that alone.

Hustlr

Oct 1, 2019
Marner is second highest scoring right winger in the league right now and will likely be #1 by seasons end. I don’t really care if you like him. I do

I like him a lot, but to suggest he’s playing good this season is a fallacy.

Reactions: biotk

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Sorry but having Kadri instead of Barrie AND Kerfoot isn’t a win here.

Kadri is the better player. I think he punched his ticket getting suspended last playoff and they had enough. Emotional decision maybe to move him.
No Ceci and no Kerfoot and no Barrie would have left us Gards and Kadri and our 3rd. Ceci and Kadri are a salary wash $4,500,000 each. The salary of Kerfoot and Barrie easily signs gards.

Gards and Kadri are the better players. It was a terrible deal. Babcock is the mastermind behind Barrie being horrible though. I said already i am not mad at Barrie but feel bad for him playing for babcock.

I don’t dislike him. Its just going terrible for him

Reactions: Hustlr

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->