Barrie Colts 2019-20 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mouse29

May 28, 2019
NP ReLyT

Anyway I am looking forward to seeing what else Management will do. We still have other pieces to put in play if not already. Colts need to replenish the draft cupboard.
Not sure about next year being the year.

haymaker22

Aug 29, 2018
NP ReLyT

Anyway I am looking forward to seeing what else Management will do. We still have other pieces to put in play if not already. Colts need to replenish the draft cupboard.
Not sure about next year being the year.
Willms, Pekar, and Silovs definitely still up for grabs.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Nothing official yet but I think Barrie could have gotten a lot more from Flint in that trade. Tucker has established himself as a shut down top 2 defenceman in the league, but Riley Piercey has strong potential and IMO they could have gotten more from Flint than 2 2nd's and Vierling (although Vierling has strong potential as well being a former 2nd overall pick)
Evan Vierling was a bit of an enigma in Flint. For the first half of last season he might’ve been the lowest effort player Flint has ever had and that’s saying something. Then he upped his intensity level and showed promise. He did for most of this year too but then he bailed and the word around the rink from close sources and the average fan was he was homesick and upset Bianconi was traded. As a Flint fan, I’m ok with the deal....but if Vierling plays to the potential he has shown flashes of it will look pretty good for Barrie very soon. He’s shown an excellent ability on the PK. Reading plays on the forecheck and being disruptive and creating turnovers. He’s shown a bit of goal scoring promise but where his real potential showed was his vision and ability to distribute the puck. I think he would have been the best playmaking passer that’s ever put on the blue and orange if he had stuck around and had his heart and head in the game. Tucker and Piercey certainly help ease the pain but I’m dissapointed we never got to see Evan reach his potential.

TcNorth

Jan 25, 2015
I was absolutely ready to move on from Vierling. Looking forward to Tyler and Riley fitting in and improving Flint’s team on the ice and off.

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie
Really like the Tabak pickup. Wanted him last year when there was rumors he wanted out of Sudbury. As said above, he's a great fit for the Colts plans.

haymaker22

Aug 29, 2018
Some big moves today for the Colts and I don't think they are done yet. I expect Silovs to be moved still. Extremely impressed with what management was able to acquire in the Pekar to Sudbury trade (2 2nd's 3rd, 5th, 6th)

Reactions: WKBCFAN

haymaker22

Aug 29, 2018
I think Barrie may keep captain Jason Willms around for his veteran presence. I know Sudbury has been desperately looking for a goalie and that could be Silovs

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
He had an unbelievable game in the Soo. O'Rourke was on him all night and he didn't shy away from the rough stuff. Each time, he would come back out his next shift and his line would score. Happened all game. He got first star. Oh, and he and O'Rourke dropped gloves late in the third.

Love his game. He is built for playoffs.

Reactions: Iloveallsports

mouse29

May 28, 2019
Couldn't help but notice during the Leafs pregame with the WJC at center ice, no Byfield??
Hope his experience with Team Canada hasn't left a sour taste??

mouse29

May 28, 2019
looks good for the return this year with the additional picks they needed as well as moving players out.
Glad to see Barrie giving players a chance to finish their JR career on a high. Sorry to see Piercey go but it is what it is. Wishing him the best and hope he has a great JR career.
Still time with a few more players to go, but so far I am happy.

Believe this is it so far but correct me if I am wrong.

Out
  1. Jason Willms
  2. Matej Pekar
  3. Riley Piercey
  4. Tyler Tucker
  5. Dalton Duhart
In

1. Tanner Wickware
  2. Josh Nelson
  3. Anthony Tabak
  4. Evan Vierling
  5. Nicholas Porco
  6. Ian Lemieux
Picks out

1. SAG 7 2020
  2. BAR 4 2021
  3. BAR 5 2021
  4. ER 3 2022
  5. OSH 2 2020
  6. SOO 3 2021
  7. OS 3 2022
  8. BAR 5 2023
  9. KGN 2 2024
Picks Back

1. NIAG 2 2021
  2. BAR 4 2024
  3. ER 3 2020
  4. SBY 2 2022
  5. SBY 5 2023
  6. SBY 2 2024
  7. SBY 6 2024
  8. FLNT 2 2023
  9. FLNT 2 2024

Reactions: WKBCFAN

mouse29

May 28, 2019
with Silovs not playing last nite and the acquisition of Wickware does that smell like a trade anyone??

Fischhaber

Sep 3, 2014
Suzuki to Saginaw. First impressions are that you guys got fleeced pretty badly. The return is not close to what Tomasino got and it should have been.

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
I’m shocked that Barrie decided to trade Suzuki, which basically signals a commitment to retool. I thought they’d build around Suzuki for next season.

mouse29

May 28, 2019
Doesn't surprise me. The deal is what it is, and if its the best offer then so be it. But yes would have like to see more.
Appears the Colts have finally woke up and realized that their player evaluation process was not up to snuff, and had finally made the decision to completely retool.

I am sure this didn't sit well ownership, but here's hoping they can learn from this and continue to retool for 2022 season.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Suzuki to Saginaw. First impressions are that you guys got fleeced pretty badly. The return is not close to what Tomasino got and it should have been.

You value picks way too much lol.

I'd much rather Punnett ('03 1st round pick)+Cardwell(stud '02)+2 2nds+2 3rds than all lotto tickets.

You're not getting 1st round picks, you're getting 2nd round picks. The odds a 2nd round pick turns into a top 5/10 OHL scorer, 2 years in a row like Tomasino will be, is very, very, very low.

The odds a 2nd round pick even turns into a top 6 OHLer isn't above 50%, let alone he becomes a star

Jolting Joe

Jan 10, 2020

I'd much rather Punnett ('03 1st round pick)+Cardwell(stud '02)+2 2nds+2 3rds than all lotto tickets.

You're not getting 1st round picks, you're getting 2nd round picks. The odds a 2nd round pick turns into a top 5/10 OHL scorer, 2 years in a row like Tomasino will be, is very, very, very low.

The odds a 2nd round pick even turns into a top 6 OHLer isn't above 50%, let alone he becomes a star

mouse29

May 28, 2019

so true picks are bargaining chips that can always be replaced. If you get a diamond in the ruff great.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
so true picks are bargaining chips that can always be replaced. If you get a diamond in the ruff great.

Exactly, it's just that, a diamond in the ruff.

The odds Ethan Cardwell, who's already a good OHL player and Connor Punnett, a 1st round pick, are better than a bunch of future 2nd round picks is very, very high.

Draft picks are valuable because you need them to trade. They're not nearly as valuable if you keep them and actually draft with them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->