Barrie Colts 2019-20 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mouse29

May 28, 2019
taking a look at the standings, all I can say is wow pretty sad. At this point in the season it is looking pretty dismal.
  1. out of the 20 teams in the "O" the East holds 6 of the bottom teams. That is over 1/2 of the Eastern Conference!
  2. 4 of the bottom 6 are from the East Division!

Reactions: haymaker22

Hockey Stick

Jan 3, 2018
taking a look at the standings, all I can say is wow pretty sad. At this point in the season it is looking pretty dismal.
  1. out of the 20 teams in the "O" the East holds 6 of the bottom teams. That is over 1/2 of the Eastern Conference!
  2. 4 of the bottom 6 are from the East Division!
I think it should be noted that the West conference is fairly strong in itself. The East is top heavy, but the West appears to be wide open still almost half way through the year. Sarnia is 10th, and they're only a game under .500. Not a common record for a last place team at this point in the year

Reactions: zman77

mouse29

May 28, 2019
Colts Draft picks. Not sure this is 100% correct but if so, Colts management has some serious evaluations to make?

Barrie Colts
2020------4th
SAG 4th
5th6th
SSM 6th
OS 7th
SAG 7th
8th9th---11th12th13th14th---
2021---SAG 3rd---KIT 5th*6th
MISS 6th
7th8th9th10th11th12th13th14thWSR 15th
2022---ER 3rd4th5th6th
SAG 6th
7th8th9th10th11th12th13th14th15th
20232nd3rd
LDN 3rd*
4th---6th7th8th9th10th11th12th13th14th15th
2024LDN 2nd*---4th5th6th7th8th9th10th11th12th13th14th15th
20252nd3rd4th5th6th7th8th9th10th11th12th13th14th15th
20262nd3rd4th5th6th7th8th9th10th11th12th13th14th15th
20272nd3rd4th5th6th7th8th9th10th11th12th13th14th15th
20282nd3rd4th5th6th7th8th9th10th11th12th13th14th15th
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Reactions: zman77

From Up Top

Apr 30, 2010
making the trip up to barrie saturday any recommendations for parking and or food?

You won't have any issues with parking in Barrie as they have a pretty large free parking lot off of Bayview.

For Food, there are plenty of options to choose from across the street from the arena with various chain restaurants... I find that Barrie doesn't have many stand out places food wise that are local.

Awagner3018

Sep 27, 2018
You won't have any issues with parking in Barrie as they have a pretty large free parking lot off of Bayview.

For Food, there are plenty of options to choose from across the street from the arena with various chain restaurants... I find that Barrie doesn't have many stand out places food wise that are local.

Thanks for the info.

MeafAttack

Dec 8, 2013
In the Meaf
We want Tucker in London!!! What will it take?

Not sure at this point. Surprised this trade has not been done yet other than maybe they're waiting for Pekar to come back and ship them as a package ?? Really odd as it appears there is lots of interest in him. Maybe the price tag is too high as OHL Insiders had alluded to in a tweet last week. This years trade deadline is odd to say the least. I would imagine the Colts are looking for a young defenceman to fill the spot on the backend. Colts draft cupboard definitely needs restocking if next year is what their targeting.

Reactions: nelli27

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Not sure at this point. Surprised this trade has not been done yet other than maybe they're waiting for Pekar to come back and ship them as a package ?? Really odd as it appears there is lots of interest in him. Maybe the price tag is too high as OHL Insiders had alluded to in a tweet last week. This years trade deadline is odd to say the least. I would imagine the Colts are looking for a young defenceman to fill the spot on the backend. Colts draft cupboard definitely needs restocking if next year is what their targeting.
Knights have a bunch of promising prospects on D. Ben Roger, who I really like, could possibly be moved. Up front, we have Panwar, but he's been terrible this year--only one goal after having a decent rookie campaign. Dunkley could also be shipped out as well as our under producing OAs. Other teams would likely be more interested in picks. I'm fairly confident that Evangelista will stay in London.
Not sure about an Import swap. Willms would also be an OA upgrade.

Reactions: WKBCFAN

MeafAttack

Dec 8, 2013
In the Meaf
Knights have a bunch of promising prospects on D. Ben Roger, who I really like, could possibly be moved. Up front, we have Panwar, but he's been terrible this year--only one goal after having a decent rookie campaign. Dunkley could also be shipped out as well as our under producing OAs. Other teams would likely be more interested in picks. I'm fairly confident that Evangelista will stay in London.
Not sure about an Import swap. Willms would also be an OA upgrade.

Well it appears the offer from Flint was more in line with the Colts future plans according to OHL Insiders-nothing official yet as I type this. Gotta say when I first heard the trade I was shocked. The 2 2nd round picks eased the pain, however, not sure of the conditions on those. IMO Tucker had a better chance at a championship with London; however, wtf do I know ?

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Well it appears the offer from Flint was more in line with the Colts future plans according to OHL Insiders-nothing official yet as I type this. Gotta say when I first heard the trade I was shocked. The 2 2nd round picks eased the pain, however, not sure of the conditions on those. IMO Tucker had a better chance at a championship with London; however, wtf do I know ?
I'm sure Barrie made the right choice as Flint offered them what perhaps London wouldn't...a promising prospect (Vierling). Disappointing for me.

Reactions: dirty12

haymaker22

Aug 29, 2018
Nothing official yet but I think Barrie could have gotten a lot more from Flint in that trade. Tucker has established himself as a shut down top 2 defenceman in the league, but Riley Piercey has strong potential and IMO they could have gotten more from Flint than 2 2nd's and Vierling (although Vierling has strong potential as well being a former 2nd overall pick)

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Nothing official yet but I think Barrie could have gotten a lot more from Flint in that trade. Tucker has established himself as a shut down top 2 defenceman in the league, but Riley Piercey has strong potential and IMO they could have gotten more from Flint than 2 2nd's and Vierling (although Vierling has strong potential as well being a former 2nd overall pick)
Barrie wanted a player that would slot right into their roster and be a part of their run next season. There was no other contender willing to offer a better player. Vierling should be more than a Point Per Game guy next season for them. Piercey does have good potential, but he probably wasn't going to really impact Barrie's roster until 2021-2022 which was too late for them. Barrie is retooling and needed to move assets that weren't useful next season (Tucker, Piercey) for assets that were useful next season (Vierling, two 2nds). I think they did all right.

Last edited:
Reactions: WKBCFAN

mouse29

May 28, 2019
It's interesting Barrie announced the trade on their accounts and they've removed them all.
Also the Sopa trade is on the OHL site but the Tucker trade isnt...

RECENT TRANSACTIONS

DateTeamTransfersToTeamTransfers
Jan. 7BARRiley Piercey
Tyler Tucker
FLNTEvan Vierling
FLNT 2 2023
FLNT 2 2024
Jan. 6NIAGKyen Sopa
NIAG 13 2022
ERER 2 2022
ER 8 2022
SOO 3 2023
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

just taken from the OHL website.

mouse29

May 28, 2019
Barrie wanted a player that would slot right into their roster and be a part of their run next season. There was no other contender willing to offer a better player. Vierling should be more than a Point Per Game guy next season for them. Piercey does have good potential, but he probably wasn't going to really impact Barrie's roster until 2021-2022 which was too late for them. Barrie is retooling and needed to move assets that weren't useful next season (Tucker, Piercey) for assets that were useful next season (Vierling, two 2nds). I think they did all right.

Everybody always wants more, but I agree I think they got the best they could. If there was a better offer they would have taken it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->