Barrie Colts 2019-20 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mouse29

May 28, 2019
I assume that nobody wanted him???
Hard to understand why Barrie would draft the Kid, trade his rights to Kitchener, give draft picks back to Kitchener to get him back, only to release him with nothing in return?? I would hope there is more to this.
Anyway wish the Kid all the best in whatever he decides to do.

Reactions: Lake Simcoe Travels

MeafAttack

Dec 8, 2013
In the Meaf
Rumours floating around that teams are asking for Tucker's price tag and if true they seem high ?? Pretty sure he'll be playing pro hockey next year. Do the Colts pull the trigger as well as moving a few pieces that won't be back next year to build some picks back up. I personally hope they do as they don't have the team plus picks to make any serious run this year.

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie
Definitely should be the plan. Good amount of the roster is returning next year. Bring in some more youth and picks and then make a big run next year.

haymaker22

Aug 29, 2018
Management needs to figure out what the plan is that's for sure. This team looks dysfunctional right now and cannot play a full 60 minutes. Leading the league in penalty minutes once again and the power play has been absolutely horrendous. Started the year off so strong and with yesterdays loss Colts fall to 13-11-1 on the year. Would think some trades will be in place in the coming weeks and or some major changes. The only players I can see teams wanting would be Tucker, Pekar, Willms. With a team that lacks offence I have no clue why they would get rid of Tortora, i've heard it was off ice issues but still the amount they did to get this guy back you would think they would stick it out with him for a little longer.....

mouse29

May 28, 2019
I've had people with very close ties to Barrie tell me that they are looking at a two year window to go 'all in'

I would agree with this, however what do you propose the Colts do with the existing roster?

1. Tucker - rumoured up for trade - not signed NHL
  2. Pekar - will not be back next year - already signed
  3. Suzuki -probably back next year but then gone - already signed
  4. Silvos - may be back next year, but probably gone after that - already signed
  5. Wilms - gone after this year
  6. Brown - gone after this year
  7. Cameron - gone after this year
  8. Bignell - bring back as an OA
  9. Hadfield - bring back as an OA
  10. York - bring back as an OA
  11. Greaves - is he the goalie of the future
Thoughts???

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
I would agree with this, however what do you propose the Colts do with the existing roster?
I think Barrie and London are uniquely positioned to make a massive trade this season.

To London:
Willms ('99)
Tucker ('00)
Pekar ('00)
Suzuki ('01)

To Barrie:
Nelson ('99)
Rolofs ('03)
Stranges ('02)
Guskov ('01)
Picks

Reactions: haymaker22

MeafAttack

Dec 8, 2013
In the Meaf
I think Barrie and London are uniquely positioned to make a massive trade this season.

To London:
Willms ('99)
Tucker ('00)
Pekar ('00)
Suzuki ('01)

To Barrie:
Nelson ('99)
Rolofs ('03)
Stranges ('02)
Guskov ('01)
Picks

I think if Barrie did this they would lose 50% of their dwindling attendance right off the top and management would be looking for employment somewhere.

Reactions: dirty12

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015

To London:
Willms ('99)
Tucker ('00)
Pekar ('00)
Suzuki ('01)

To Barrie:
Nelson ('99)
Rolofs ('03)
Stranges ('02)
Guskov ('01)
Picks

Rolofs & picks (and accepting Guskov in the same fashion as a deadline OA swap) could be one of the colts considerations for Tucker & Pekar. There will be a few imo. I’m sure the wolves really want Tucker, Pekar/Greaves, or Solovs

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie

1. Tucker - rumoured up for trade - not signed NHL
  2. Pekar - will not be back next year - already signed
  3. Suzuki -probably back next year but then gone - already signed
  4. Silvos - may be back next year, but probably gone after that - already signed
  5. Wilms - gone after this year
  6. Brown - gone after this year
  7. Cameron - gone after this year
  8. Bignell - bring back as an OA
  9. Hadfield - bring back as an OA
  10. York - bring back as an OA
  11. Greaves - is he the goalie of the future
Thoughts???

Definitely looking at the correct players to consider moving if next year is the goal. I think it makes sense to move Tucker, but only if the deal is right. They didn't get a great return for Keane last year so if the return is similar I would hold onto him and chance that he's back as an OA. Pekar would be the other player I would look to move as he won't be back. The rest I would hold onto as it would be valuable to get some playoff experience for the younger players even if it was a short first round series. Silovs I would potentially move as well. Despite the slow start, Greaves is the guy for the next couple years I would imagine.

Lastly, Suzuki. I don't see him making Carolina next year which means he has to be back in the OHL, and if the team plans on going for it next year, having what should be one of the best players in the league with Suzuki on the roster would be a huge part of that.

Reactions: haymaker22

mouse29

May 28, 2019
"if the team plans on going for it next year,"

LC13 do you feel the Colts have enough to go for it next year? Do you think they will have anywhere near the depth to make a serious run?

From what I understand the draft cupboard is lean, and being a middle of the pack team won't get you a high draft pick.

haymaker22

Aug 29, 2018

LC13 do you feel the Colts have enough to go for it next year? Do you think they will have anywhere near the depth to make a serious run?

From what I understand the draft cupboard is lean, and being a middle of the pack team won't get you a high draft pick.
I think in order to go for a all in type of year next year it all depends on who we get in return if we sell this year. Jason Ford is known to make some pretty bad trades but if we are trading away guys like Tucker and Pekar you would accept a pretty good return.

haymaker22

Aug 29, 2018
Just adding on to the posts above, these are the players I would ship out this year:
Tucker
Pekar
Willms
Silovs

Next year you will have players like Suzuki, Porco, Foerster, Clarke leading the way (and any players you get back in return if they sell this season)

Along with those players, you will have 2nd year guys like Del Monte, and Frasca having a bigger role

Just something to add on, if the Colts really wanted to make a big move, add Suzuki as a package deal and that could potentially bring back an even better return.

After the Colts lose tonight against Kingston they fall to 13-12-1 on the year...... You gotta think it will be sooner rather than later that management figures out the direction they want to take this team in, especially entering the new year.

Still kind of shocked by the release of OA forward Jacob Tortora. You would think with his talent he could have been a great trade chip if you are selling. (Still has not been picked up off waivers by any team)

Just want to send my thoughts and prayers out to Niagara Icedogs goaltender Tucker Tynan after a horrific incident last night.

haymaker22

Aug 29, 2018

I would suggest that it is a 2 year window to go 'all in'

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie

In order to go for it next year I think you would hope the 02s and 03s show some solid development. As for picks, that's where trading Tucker, Pekar etc would help recoup those assets. Lastly the team would need to continue to have a strong performance in the import draft. Having a middle of the pack pick in the first round would be beneficial for a run as you wouldn't want to trade away a high end player that you would get with a top 5 pick which would limit trade options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad