Barrie Colts 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

INTENTIONALLYOFFSIDE

Feb 20, 2017
Sources within the team. Not trying to start anything, just a couple players weren't happy with how it all played out this year. Preferential ice time for certain player, blind eye on some antics by certain players and some trades that are gonna back fire on Barrie. Made their run and now it's time to jump ship.

Reactions: LDN

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie
Curious on everyone’s thoughts on maybe moving on from Hawerchuk as coach. No doubt he is good at developing, but I feel like every year come playoff time they hit a wall and get out coached. Also the situation with Ben. Completely obvious that Magwood, Murray and Chiodo should be the OA’s and we will likely lose one of them because of this situation.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
The colts can have four OA until trade deadline if they choose to wait and see how good the team is. who is best for the team, and who brings back the greatest return in a trade.

Voice from the North

Sep 17, 2013
The colts can have four OA until trade deadline if they choose to wait and see how good the team is. who is best for the team, and who brings back the greatest return in a trade.

They could but which one of the three would want to be the healthy scratch behind an obviously inferior player. I completely understand why the forwards would want out. If there are going to make a trade it would have to be before the season started.

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
Would it surprise you if young Hawerchuk went off to University this September?

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
I think part of entrance requirements are knowing how to spell University

lsu-college-graduate.png

mouse 29

Apr 11, 2013
Barrie
Curious on everyone’s thoughts on maybe moving on from Hawerchuk as coach. No doubt he is good at developing, but I feel like every year come playoff time they hit a wall and get out coached. Also the situation with Ben. Completely obvious that Magwood, Murray and Chiodo should be the OA’s and we will likely lose one of them because of this situation.
These situations reflect poorly on the team, on Management and the league in general. Unfortunately the young man should never have been in the league in the first place.
No doubt that coach Hawerchuck is arguably one of (if not) the best offencsive coachs in the league, and certainly can develope specific talent. However IMO i agree with you regarding Hawerchuck as a head coach. The organization needs to retink it's approach. This approach to trading assets away to get to the second round needs to change. Also for several years now this team has gotten beaten up in the playoffs due to their size.
Why not try and build a team, hell worked well for the Schieffle era. (yes I know the Colts didn't draft Scheiffle) but still they created a team with Hall, Pearson, neideburger, and a few others that escape me rite now. It was very enjoyable watching the young guns develope and not be treated as cannon fodder.

Reactions: Wrocker

JetsColts13

Oct 24, 2011
Barrie
Agreed. More patience needs to be shown in developing what they have. Hounds a perfect example. Last year they were a strong team but didn’t add and as a result have put together a real strong team this year as because of this didn’t need to add much this year.

styleeano

Aug 30, 2017
Sources within the team. Not trying to start anything, just a couple players weren't happy with how it all played out this year. Preferential ice time for certain player, blind eye on some antics by certain players and some trades that are gonna back fire on Barrie. Made their run and now it's time to jump ship.
I too had heard stories during the year about parties and not inviting a certain player i think it had to do with the fact they didnt want what they were doing to get back to his father, but never the less no player should be allowed to play on the same team as his father or any relative , its like a husband being the boss over his wife or vice versa in a work environment it just leads to problems and favoritism.

General Lee

Aug 14, 2015
I Agree with the Magwood, Chiodo, Murray should be the OAs next season. It's my opinion that this game, at this level moves to fast for Ben. He has absolutely no creativity with the puck, Evident by constantly dumping the puck in . Blind passes to the front of the net. Soft wrist shot from away out at the goalie.

FlyersColts97

Dec 5, 2016
Next years roster??

Forwards:
Chiodo, Magwood, Suzuki, Piercey (?), Heitzner, Brown, Willms, Peca, Bignell, Rhodes, McBain (?), Hawerchuk (Please for the love of god no)

Dmen:

Murray, Allensen, Cameron, Hadfield, Keane, Tucker, Hill*

Goalies: Edmonds, ???

hawkeerox

Jan 2, 2018
Next years roster??

Forwards:
Chiodo, Magwood, Suzuki, Piercey (?), Heitzner, Brown, Willms, Peca, Bignell, Rhodes, McBain (?), Hawerchuk (Please for the love of god no)

Dmen:

Murray, Allensen, Cameron, Hadfield, Keane, Tucker, Hill*

Goalies: Edmonds, ???

McBain is going to Boston College, so no chance he is in Barrie next fall.

sixrow

Jun 12, 2018
Barrie Colts just posted this on their Instagram account moments ago.......featuring (2) 2019 NHL Draft eligible players (Suzuki & Allensen) & (3) Overagers (Murray-Chiodo-annnnnnnnd HAWERCHUK)

Looks like Zach Magwood is the odd man out. This doesn't look good for Colts fans. Huge gap between Magwood & Hawerchuk.

Wonder how this will affect the locker room???

upload_2018-6-12_14-21-3.png

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Would Magwood now be available or has he other arrangements, possibly University? Great player, he could have a great year as a OA, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad