Barracuda News & Discussion - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007

Some more info, though were Chmelevski healthy I'm still not sure if he's be in the lineup regularly at this stage.

Can't say Sommer is wrong with any of the other comments.

wtf is a bad foot lol...does he have gangrene or something

Sumo11

Nov 14, 2019
Danil yurt best game in North America by far!! Hopefully he can build on it, he was doing things almost every shift. He showcases tremendous vision and was able to shield the puck well. Ivan is the opposite getting push off the puck, very disappointing in his progression.

Sumo11

Nov 14, 2019
joachim blichfeld has something that good players all have. The puck seems to follow him around.

Reactions: hn777

Sumo11

Nov 14, 2019
ALSO Another thing to add, suomela lead the team in face off percentage. Don't know what he ate but more of that, suomela strong game by him.

Sumo11

Nov 14, 2019
hi, my name is Martin Jones. PLEASE HONOR the length of contract that you gave me

Pistol Pete

Dec 17, 2007
The Cuda are currently last in the division and second to last in the whole league.

At this point, it is safe to wonder what the hell DW was thinking/drinking to believe that some of these kids were better than they actually are. Is it more nepotism?

I’m not sure you can justify benching and scratching players with higher upside with results like this. If this continues, something has to give.

Obviously, it’s still early enough in the season for some of these players to put it together, but they need to be given an opportunity to do so.

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
I’m not sure you can justify benching and scratching players with higher upside with results like this. If this continues, something has to give.

Obviously, it’s still early enough in the season for some of these players to put it together, but they need to be given an opportunity to do so.

Who are you talking about exactly?

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
The Ch-twins have both been healthy scratched (multiple times?) and the same for Yurt this season. That was prior to Sasha being injured.

All three of these guys, combined, have been outscored by Evan Weinger, who has played in six games and isn't even under NHL contract.

Chekhovich has been a turnover machine, Chmelevski has been largely invisible and Yurt seems to get caught out of position when the defense pinches quite a bit. If these three had been better, we probably wouldn't be in last place. You've got your premise all backwards here.

Pistol Pete

Dec 17, 2007
All three of these guys, combined, have been outscored by Evan Weinger, who has played in six games and isn't even under NHL contract.

Chekhovich has been a turnover machine, Chmelevski has been largely invisible and Yurt seems to get caught out of position when the defense pinches quite a bit. If these three had been better, we probably wouldn't be in last place. You've got your premise all backwards here.

Not really. My premise is that healthy scratching your top prospects (in the AHL), or playing them in the bottom 6 (in the AHL) is not the right way to help them grow and prosper. If these guys were getting top 6 minutes and top PP time for the first couple of months of the season, and producing the same, then it makes more sense to try and send a message. To be given such a short leash, so early, is not beneficial to their growth or success, IMO.

It almost feels like they’re being punished for not living up to the hype and expectation that the organization (unfairly?) gave them.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
Not really. My premise is that healthy scratching your top prospects (in the AHL), or playing them in the bottom 6 (in the AHL) is not the right way to help them grow and prosper. If these guys were getting top 6 minutes and top PP time for the first couple of months of the season, and producing the same, then it makes more sense to try and send a message. To be given such a short leash, so early, is not beneficial to their growth or success, IMO.

It almost feels like they’re being punished for not living up to the hype and expectation that the organization (unfairly?) gave them.

They're being punished for being three of the worst forwards on the team, sorry to say.

There's nothing about their play that makes me think bumping them up in the lineup is going to help. There are noticeable issues that need to be ironed out, like the ones I just mentioned. Blichfeld got healthy scratched once early in the year while he was playing poorly, he's responded by becoming arguably the best goalscorer on the team at the moment. Suomela is starting to embrace his role and had his best AHL game ever last night.

I'm not sure what happened with Chekhovich, cause I saw him tear up the AHL two years ago. His play is so frustrating. Can only watch him skate the puck directly into a crowd of defenders so many times. If Chekhovich and Chmelevski were playing the way they did that season, I really think this team would be dangerous. Sommer rewards performance, and I appreciate that. Kellman started the season on the Barracuda fourth line. He's now basically the 1C on this team. Scoring some points, or even just looking dangerous, at the AHL level would convince me these guys should be getting AHL ice time. Simple as that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad