Barracuda News and Discussion Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Quietly very solid season for Alex True with 20 points in 26 games and a +17.

Good for him. I want to see it work out for him. Maybe he and blichfeld can be our new Danish duo and make us forget about the disappointment of Hansen/Boedker.

I have the subscription to the AHL package for Cuda but just have not had enough time to watch more then 2-3 games so far. But based on numbers alone it looks like Perron is in a different league. He seems to have been pretty consistent with his point production through the season as well.

From your personal observations, would your see True, Perron and Wood to make it to the NHL (within the next season or two)? Wood also seems to have settled in quite well.

CupfortheSharks

Sponsor
Mar 31, 2008
San Jose
I haven’t been paying much attention to the Cuda. There is a decent chance the Sharks need some help of the blue line right now. Who gets the promoted?

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
I haven’t been paying much attention to the Cuda. There is a decent chance the Sharks need some help of the blue line right now. Who gets the promoted?
Jacob Middleton, he’s probably the only choice right now. Maybe Kyle Wood, but I’m not sure he has the skating for the NHL. Nicholas DeSimone is also an option but he plays RHD like Heed and I don’t know if he’s ready yet.

Reactions: NiWa

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
I read that Braun mentioned that he is sore but he sounded rather optimistic about playing next game. Not sure how bad Vlasic's wrist is but he may play next game too. If both are out, then yeah we will need help.

I would not be opposed to giving Wood, DeSimone or Roy a game or two.

Reactions: NiWa

UncMike

Feb 13, 2012
I read that Braun mentioned that he is sore but he sounded rather optimistic about playing next game. Not sure how bad Vlasic's wrist is but he may play next game too. If both are out, then yeah we will need help.

Will most likely just be a nice pay bump for a healthy scratch not ice time

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose

If Vlasic's out it'll probably be Middleton. He's the only LHD on the Barracuda that's much of an option.

All three of the D-men you mentioned could probably hold their own in the NHL with limited minutes, which is how DeBoer would use them anyway.

UncMike

Feb 13, 2012
If Vlasic's out it'll probably be Middleton. He's the only LHD on the Barracuda that's much of an option.

All three of the D-men you mentioned could probably hold their own in the NHL with limited minutes, which is how DeBoer would use them anyway.
For LHD on the Cuda, J Middleton and Fitzgerald are the only 2 on NHL deals....Frye and K Middleton have AHL contracts

Reactions: Sandisfan and NiWa

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
For LHD on the Cuda, J Middleton and Fitzgerald are the only 2 on NHL deals....Frye and K Middleton have AHL contracts

FWIW, Sharks are at 44 (active) NHL contracts, so should they NEED to sign either, there is space.

(However, they do have 5 guys in CHL/Europe on sliding contracts)

UncMike

Feb 13, 2012
Both Brodzinski & Donaghy recalled from Orlando.......2 RHD
What injuries are we not hearing about?
Is it Roy? Wood? DeSimone?

Munnyro

Jul 15, 2013
Sacramento, CA
I haven't followed the Cuda much outside of the notifications. That win record is the best I've ever seen. WTF is going on? The roster seems no where near as good as their record.

Hobocop

ungainly and rambling
Jul 18, 2012
San Jose
Roy back in the lineup tonight.

Cuda were also missing Middleton and Frye Wednesday, hence the callups

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Seems safe to say that Roy's ceiling isn't as high as many thought it was.

In any case, I just don't see how he could crack the Sharks's lineup with their depth on defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad