Barnaby3636 Mock Draft!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barnaby3636

Apr 25, 2004
Barnaby3636 Mock Draft!!!!! (With Explinations)

Washington Capitals- Alexander Ovechekin
No explination needed this kid is the real deal. Forget the rumors the Capitals will not trade the pick or pick somebody else. Forsberg in the making right here.

Pitsburgh Penguins- Evgeni Malkin
The consensus number two of the draft. He will have some big shoes to fill with Mario gone, but this kid is going to put up some good numbers in years to come.

Chicago Blackhawks- Cam Barker
He is an amazing offensive deffensemen. He has been compared to his old teammate Jay Bouwmesteer. If Cam can do anything like what Jay is expected to do they are going to have an amazing deffensemen to for years.

Columbus Blue Jackets- Rostislav Olsez
Probably the second best centre in the draft. This kid would have gone number two but he got absolutley rocked by Dion Phanuef. This has brought him down on all teams lists. Still a great pick by the Jackets.

Phoenix Coyotes- Marek Schwarz
The Coyotes need a solid number goaltender. Boucher is not going to cut it anymore. Marek has been compared to Dominik Hasek, but with better reflexes and is a lot faster then the dominator.

New York Rangers- Andrew Ladd
Andrew Ladd is a North American left winger. That is everything that the Rangers are looking for all in one package. He is not affraid to go into the corners and battle. This kid can put it in the back of the net. He is a GREAT leader, and may be able to go into the NHL right away. A big plus for NY.

Florida Panthers- Robbie Schremp
This kid has amazing talent but is a bit of a hot head. But if he wants to change Florida is the place to go. Under Iron Mike and Jacque Martin there will be NO hot heads ever again on that team. Robbie can score he can do everything... Did I mention that he can score score score and score again.

Carolina Huricanes- Aj Thelen
Strong Strong Strong and Strong. He is going to be a great #1-#2 D-Man in years to come. A great pick by the Canes. He is a blue chip.

Anahiem Mighty Ducks- Lauri Tukkonen
He dropped a little bit nobody is really sure why. Maybe because he is a Finn and no Finnish players have really developed to their full potential. Still Tukkonen is going to be a great Power foward in a few years.

Atlanta Thrashers- Alexander Rudalov
The number one sniper in the draft. If this kid can get his act together they have a STEAL at number 10. Rudalov is something special.

Los Angeles Kings- Alvaro Montoya
The Kings do not have the best of luck with goalies ever but they are hopeing that Al can make a difference. While he may be 2-3 years away from coming to play with the big boys. When he does he is going to be more then ready.

Minnesota Wild- Drew Stafford
Does not really have the most amazing offensive ability but he can throw his body around and create space for guys like Gaborik. He will be a great linemate from him if they can find the right centre.

Buffalo Sabres- Boris Valabik
WOW!!!! THIS GUY IS HUGE! He is Big, He is Mean, and he doesnt like anybody. He is a poor mans Chara in the making. A bit of a project but the Sabres are willing to wait. If this kid develops to be like Chara... Oh boy! Great pick by Buffalo.

Edmonton Oilers- Alexander Picard
He just had an amazing tournament that is going to raise eyebrows with the Oilers brass. If he can put on some muscle this kid is going to be a solid #2 winger.

Nashvile Predators- Wojtek Wolski
Wojtek can put it in the back of the net. And will be able to sell tickets with his dazzling stick handling moves.

New York Islanders- Kyle Chipchura
He is not exactly the finnisher that the Isles are looking for. But he can create space for his wingers. He will be a very good 2 centre and if they are lucky he can take the slot as #1 centre.

St. Louis Blues- Mike Green
He brings heart and dedication to the ice every single night. Forget that his frame is not that amazing. That can change. The one thing that will not change is his desire to win.

Montreal Candadiens- Jakub Sindel
A little bit of a gamble, but Montreal can handle it with their pool of young talent. He is big or bust. Only time and development will tell.

Calgary Flames- Wes O'neil
A good offensive deffensemen. He will be something big. I have a feeling. If Calgary can develop him right he will be good.

Dallas Stars- Lukas Kasper
He can put the puck in the back of the net. He has no dedication though, has to get his head screwed on right.

Colorado Avalanche- Andrej Mezajros
He will punish you. Has to get better at both ends of the ice. If given time he will develop very nicely.

New Jersey Devils- David Bolland
A great set of mittens. He is a pretty good skater, but his best atribute is his hands. He will leave you with your tounge hanging out.

Ottawa Senators- Ladislav Smid
Silky smooth. An amazing skater, he is a great deffensmen in his own end and in the other teams zone.

New York Rangers- Travis Zjac
A superb skater with unbelievable hands. He can control the game by himslef with out a doubt. It seems that when he is on the ice he can stop time. He is ridiculiously fast and will leave all the Dmen in the dust. Watch out for him.

Edmonton Oilers- Cory Schneider
An underrated goalie, but if he develops I think that he is going to be a good number one goalie in years. He needs time though to be able to develop properly.

Vancouver Canucks- Johaness Salomansen
He played in an U-20 tournament as a younger kid and looked amazing. He was also hurt during the tourney. A great skater.

Washington Capitals- Roman Volshenko
Is not the best skater. This may scare away a few teams. Yet his hands make up for his lack of skating ability.

San Jose Sharks- Johan Frannson
Good solid Deffensmen. He looked great all year. May be able to become a 2-3 deffensmen. Always plays with heart though.

Washington Capitals- Lauri Kuproski
Nothing that special about him. The Caps seem to like him. He is either great or bust. We shall see.

Tampa Bay Lightning- Bruce Graham
Nobody is exactly sure what kind of player he is. He seems like a good two way player though. Puts on some muscle and uses his heart he may be something special.

FLAME AWAY!

Last edited:

Starsdude

Jul 7, 2002
Visit site
With Smid Meszaros and Fransson on the board I would be suprised if the stars took Kasper who could still be there when they pick at 34

Alouette_19

Jul 21, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
Mezsaros and Korkiposki seems very low......for the Av's it's a very good news
I don't think Tukonen will go to Anaheim........except if the Ducks make a trade.

Sindel to MTL??? :shakehead
.....look for Meszaros to be pick by Andre Savard or Dallas if he is available at 18th and 20th. But I think this guy will be select before those two.

One thing is sure TSK will be happy with Stafford :D
This mock draft is good.....

Barnaby3636

Apr 25, 2004
Alouette_19 said:
Mezsaros and Korkiposki seems very low......for the Av's it's a very good news
I don't think Tukonen will go to Anaheim........except if the Ducks make a trade.

Sindel to MTL??? :shakehead
.....look for Meszaros to be pick by Andre Savard or Dallas if he is available at 18th and 20th. But I think this guy will be select before those two.

One thing is sure TSK will be happy with Stafford :D
This mock draft is good.....

Thank you, I did not really do it on draft tendencies... BPA

SeLaine

May 26, 2004
I'm pretty sure Washungton will select at least 1 defenceman with their 2 late first rounders. They may even use both picks on D-men.

Flames Draft Watcher

Feb 27, 2002
Calgary
Visit site
O'Neill is an offensive defensemen? He's been falling like mad and was apparently terrible at the U-18's.

Korpikoski, Bolland, Nokelainen, Meszaros, and Smid all seem like more likely picks at #19 based on your mock draft.

tripledekehockey

Apr 1, 2004
pittsburgh pa
theredmile said:
I'm pretty sure Washungton will select at least 1 defenceman with their 2 late first rounders. They may even use both picks on D-men.

at least one of those picks will be a dman and you're right that they may pick 2 dman in the first and then with the 33rd pick, take a forward. Pittsburgh and Chicago both pick before them in the second round and both are slated to take forwards as well. the 29th pick (wash's) may be used to snag a forward that may not be there come the 33rd

otherwise, the mock draft looks real good -- i am still not sold on the coyotes taking a netminder in the 1st, but next weekend will tell!

thestonedkoala

One thing that I find is people read things and immediately jump to conclusions :)D) but I really don't think Yotes will tkae a goalie in the first round with their wings being so weak and guys like Ladd, Tukonen on the board.

Flames Draft Watcher

Feb 27, 2002
Calgary
Visit site
thestonedkoala said:
One thing that I find is people read things and immediately jump to conclusions :)D) but I really don't think Yotes will tkae a goalie in the first round with their wings being so weak and guys like Ladd, Tukonen on the board.

I've heard rumours from more than one source that they're looking at a goalie. News articles out of Arizona and Redline both believe they'll take a goalie. Could be the best player available at #5 given that both goalies are very highly touted and the consensus top d-man (Barker) is pretty much assured of not dropping to them. I like a lot of the forwards at the top end but there doesn't seem to be as much consensus there as there is on the goalies.

Guig

Jun 17, 2003
Qc
Barnaby3636 said:
Montreal Candadiens- Jakub Sindel
A little bit of a gamble, but Montreal can handle it with their pool of young talent. He is big or bust. Only time and development will tell.

I think the habs already have enough talent so I highly doubt that they will select Sindel

Flames Draft Watcher

Feb 27, 2002
Calgary
Visit site
thestonedkoala said:
That's pretty crappy for Yote fans then...

Only crappy if you heart is set on a non-goalie. Leneveau and Montoya/Schwarz should have them set in goal for quite some time. I don't recall Buffalo fans complaining about having Biron, Noronen and Miller and that's one more top young goaltender than Phoenix would have if they selected one high in this draft.

Bottom line to me is that it's the most important position in hockey. You literally cannot win without solid goaltending and exceptional goaltending can carry you quite far. There's certainly a few teams with the philosophy of building from the net out.

A lot of fans tend to focus on forwards in the draft (certainly not all) but forwards typically play the least percentage of the game out of any of the 3 major positions and thus arguably don't have as much impact per player. You can only play one goalie at once and only 6 defensemen but most teams play with 12 forwards. Certainly an argument can be made that defensemen and goalies make more of an impact overall unless you're talking a top 10 forward in the game. And at #5 in this kind of draft there doesn't appear to be any franchise forwards available. Montoya and Schwarz could be franchise goalies though. So if a team believes that Montoya/Schwarz is a franchise goalie and that there aren't any franchise forwards or defensemen left you'd have to think they'll go with the best player available, the goalie despite any immediate needs or even depth needs in their system.

I think that argument has some merit, don't you TSK?

Last edited:

vega007

I don't think the argument has any merit whatsoever flames draft watcher

Flames Draft Watcher

Feb 27, 2002
Calgary
Visit site
vega007 said:
I don't think the argument has any merit whatsoever flames draft watcher

And I don't think you know what you're talking about.

Interesting that you failed to provide any arguments as to why my post doesn't have any merit. Looks like a drive by attack to me.

You make stupid statements like...

vega007 said:
Sadly Iginlas career is over if he plays without Conroy next season

this is the prime reason that Sutter only wants to give Iggy a one year deal

we'll see who is right this time next year

and people will let you know it's an idiotic thing to say and call you on it. If you don't want to hear me say it's idiotic then stop posting stuff like that which is obviously untrue and a completely and utterly ridiculous statement to make.

Buzz off troll. If you think Iginla's career is over playing without Conroy then have absolutely no clue about hockey. It's as simple as that. The only explanation I have for posts like that is you are a troll. Nobody else could be so contradictory to the truth. You make yourself look like a total fool and complete idiot with posts like that. Sorry I have to be the one to call you on it.

Last edited:

SeLaine

May 26, 2004
Flames Draft Watcher said:
Only crappy if you heart is set on a non-goalie. Leneveau and Montoya/Schwarz should have them set in goal for quite some time. I don't recall Buffalo fans complaining about having Biron, Noronen and Miller and that's one more top young goaltender than Phoenix would have if they selected one high in this draft.

Bottom line to me is that it's the most important position in hockey. You literally cannot win without solid goaltending and exceptional goaltending can carry you quite far. There's certainly a few teams with the philosophy of building from the net out.

A lot of fans tend to focus on forwards in the draft (certainly not all) but forwards typically play the least percentage of the game out of any of the 3 major positions and thus arguably don't have as much impact per player. You can only play one goalie at once and only 6 defensemen but most teams play with 12 forwards. Certainly an argument can be made that defensemen and goalies make more of an impact overall unless you're talking a top 10 forward in the game. And at #5 in this kind of draft there doesn't appear to be any franchise forwards available. Montoya and Schwarz could be franchise goalies though. So if a team believes that Montoya/Schwarz is a franchise goalie and that there aren't any franchise forwards or defensemen left you'd have to think they'll go with the best player available, the goalie despite any immediate needs or even depth needs in their system.

I think that argument has some merit, don't you TSK?

I agree with you. I would much rather have a potential franchise goalie than a forward who has second or third line potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad