Barkov vs Pettersson

Who's better now and going forward?

• Total voters

bondra

Jan 18, 2019
No one has ranked him in the top 5 centers of the game.

In the top 10-15 C threads, Pettersson barely gets a mention.

Still calling him overrated is laughable, because he is underrated more than anything.

Elias Pettersson and the quiet top 5 potential

Didnt even need to search too much until I found one thread where EP hype gets out of hand. And before this season there were many more that kind of threads.

Underrated, hah! His there with Eichel and Matthews what comes to the threads.

Reactions: Cats2TheCup

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon

Didnt even need to search too much until I found one thread where EP hype gets out of hand. And before this season there were many more that kind of threads.

So you had to search a thread that was made LAST YEAR.

Show me any evidence or proof of his overrating from this year, then we can talk.

Dude barely gets mention for top 15 C, and you are still here laughably claiming he is overrated.

The fact is that he went from overrated to underrated.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I don’t think the pro-Pettersson takes are that far off. It’s Barkov right now with enough of a gap that it’s clear, but I don’t think anyone should believe that Pettersson won’t be one of the best centers in the league going forward because he had a weak season. I see no problem with taking Pettersson going forward.

umad

Mar 23, 2012
Milky Way

Pettersson having top 5 potential is not a hot take at all. Compare what he has done now to what other current elite forwards had done when they were at Pettersson's age and you'll see that Petey is right on track to becoming a top forward in the league. Will he fully reach his potential? Probably not. But when one becomes an elite player they will always have a chance to enter top-10, top-5 conversations.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Pettersson having top 5 potential is not a hot take at all. Compare what he has done now to what other current elite forwards had done when they were at Pettersson's age and you'll see that Petey is right on track to becoming a top forward in the league. Will he fully reach his potential? Probably not. But when one becomes an elite player they will always have a chance to enter top-10, top-5 conversations.

Am I the only one who hates this nickname?

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Barkov now

Pettersson going forward

But much more confident about Florida's future with their gm

bondra

Jan 18, 2019
So your proof that people were calling him a top 5 center is a thread talking about potential?

Is Pettersson elite defensively?

Is Elias Pettersson an Elite skater?

Elias Pettersson is Better Than Auston Matthews, AINEC.

When Hfboards are full of threads like these you dont need proof that somebody have ranked EP in top5. But if you want to read them yourself, find thread where people ranked TOP10 centers before this season.

Also when i look those threads above I realize how underrated player EP is.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
How can anyone vote against Barkov for the now part?

I think some of it was the timing after Barkov coming “down” after his 20 season after that huge 19 season and EP having awesome analytical and eye test results.

I voted EP now and future at the time but after a 3rd straight season of missed time I wonder if injuries are going to derail the young Swedes career somewhat.

As a Canucks fan I sure hope not but man it’s worrying.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
So you had to search a thread that was made LAST YEAR.

Show me any evidence or proof of his overrating from this year, then we can talk.

Dude barely gets mention for top 15 C, and you are still here laughably claiming he is overrated.

The fact is that he went from overrated to underrated.
In what world is Pettersson underrated?

You just sound like a fanboy getting defensive

SeawaterOnIce

Being invaded again.
Aug 28, 2011
Barkov is the better offensive player and better two-way player. EP may get there, but he's not there yet, so I'm picking Barkov.

Barkov vs Aho would have been a more interesting poll.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
I already shown it. Try reading.

You sound like an obnoxious EP downplayer getting salty
You didn’t show anything. You just said he was underrated as if it was some fact. He is far from underrated. Look at his underwhelming point goals compared to his 1st line center peers.

I’m nothing, I’m a neutral fan with no bone to pick.

You have #demko4vezina plastered next to your username, so Ill weigh my unbiased opinion heavier than your homer takes.

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
You didn’t show anything. You just said he was underrated as if it was some fact. He is far from underrated. Look at his underwhelming point goals compared to his 1st line center peers.

I’m nothing, I’m a neutral fan with no bone to pick.

You have #demko4vezina plastered next to your username, so Ill weigh my unbiased opinion heavier than your homer takes.

I made arguments specifically stating how he has become underrated this year using the top 15-30 thread in the main hfboards where he did not even receive any mentions (even honorably). Again start reading, it will do you wonders. *Underwhelming*, besides a pointless 5 game streak where he was playing injured, he performed respectably as a top center putting up a PPG in his last 5 games playing in a shitty environment.

You are far from neutral, lets be real here.

Ah yes, using a light-hearted hashtag makes one biased. Such fabolous logic.
Btw, Demko could very well be a Vezina candidate in the future, even more so when shitty goalies like Grubauer are candidates.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->