Barkov vs Pettersson

Who's better now and going forward?

• Total voters

MrOT

Roenick / Modano / Hull
Jan 5, 2016
Interesting video, apparently defensive plays only from Pettersson's first 5 games in the NHL. Damn impressive.

Reactions: Szechwan

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Barkov as a guy that is coming off 96pts and is a 2way force is better now than pettersson who still hasnt hit ppg yet and its not that close

future? Petersson needs to be a 40g/100+pt guy imho. I dont think he does it with any regularity

Oilers Propagandist

Relax junior, it’s just a post.
Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Barkov and its not close. Petterson is getting massively overrated for his talents right now, lets wait until he can get close to barkov’s 92 point season. I think he has the potential, but stop.

Reactions: Wierzbowski426

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Barkov as a guy that is coming off 96pts and is a 2way force is better now than pettersson who still hasnt hit ppg yet and its not that close

future? Petersson needs to be a 40g/100+pt guy imho. I dont think he does it with any regularity
Exactly. Barkov currently blows Pettersson out of the water and even if Peterson progresses he likely won't reach Barkov's peak. And Barkov is still young enough to post a career year in the coming seasons.

Reactions: Wierzbowski426

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Barkov probably is better at every facet of the game right now. I think Pettersson can become better, but he didn't have the sort of upwards trajectory last season that one would have expected.

He's a lot better than Barkov was at the same age so he has that going for him.

Svane

Jul 5, 2020
Pettersson because he blows Barkovs hockey sense away and has winner genes. Barkov is a natural loser who will apologize after getting used as a butt-wipe.

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
It was close this year. But Pettersson should be better going forward.

Barkov now, Pettersson going forward.

Pitaya

Prince of the Alps, Nico Hischier
Dec 14, 2019
Meant to vote Barkov going forward and now

Hes got the size while doing everything Pettersson does almost as well (offense defense), though Pettersson thinks the game faster

MrOT

Roenick / Modano / Hull
Jan 5, 2016
Jesus, the hype train to start Pettersson's career... sais a lot about how dominant he was.

Last edited:

BB06

Jun 1, 2020
Exactly. Barkov currently blows Pettersson out of the water and even if Peterson progresses he likely won't reach Barkov's peak. And Barkov is still young enough to post a career year in the coming seasons.

Pettersson had more goals and points than Barkov this season so not sure what you’re talking about. He has one year of being above PPG in his entire career so I don’t get why you’re acting like he’s a regular 95+ Center.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver

Barkov isn't a 2-way force though. Pettersson currently does more to affect possession and limit goals against

Reactions: StonebeatsMcdavid

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
How can anyone vote against Barkov for the now part?

Well he did just have the better season. Barkov has the track record you usually want to look at even for a "now" pick, but when we're talking about a sophomore player, track record is likely going to underrate him.

Reactions: StonebeatsMcdavid

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Barkov and its not close. Petterson is getting massively overrated for his talents right now, lets wait until he can get close to barkov’s 92 point season. I think he has the potential, but stop.

Barkov should probably prove that season wasn't a one-off before we use it in comparisons.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Pettersson has that intangible “something” that the great ones have, and what causes them to lead their teams to championships.
Barkov is a fantastic player, but does he have that same “something”?

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018

I must have misread the OP, didn't realize it was about the 18-19 seasons...wait it's about right now and that's why I took EP.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->