• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

CanadianPantherFan

Cats are Here!
Jun 6, 2004
Calgary
Simply put, if drafting today ... who you got ?
And more importantly, is it a tough decision? Why or why not ?
I’d like fans to weigh in who watch both of these players closely,or experienced in ranking top 10-15 center lists. Share your articles here if you want on center position rankings.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Barkov easily. Much better play driver and defensive player. Monahan's skill as a finisher is valuable but he needs an elite playmaker to be on Barkov's level offensively. Barkov is a top 15 center, Monahan is maybe 20-25.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Barkov and it's not even a discussion....Monahan is a solid player but he's carried offensively by Johnny Hockey. Barkov is a tier or two above him.

Monahan is severely underrated and is not carried by Gaudreau. He gets in the scoring areas on his own power and shoots it himself.

barrsdow

Jul 3, 2017
Having watched almost all of Monahans games since entering the league this is Barkov and it’s not close. Yeah Monahan had a good rookie season but since then he has become too reliant on gaudreaus playmaking. If gaudreaus not having a good game monahan isn’t either, thank goodness we got lindholm who has been the second most dynamic player on that line.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
Barkov easily. Much better play driver and defensive player. Monahan's skill as a finisher is valuable but he needs an elite playmaker to be on Barkov's level offensively. Barkov is a top 15 center, Monahan is maybe 20-25.

I echo this. Barkov is better at dictating the entire offense on the ice. His lack of shooting is infuriating but other than that, I believe he is better overall offensive player. Monahan is a great finisher though and I don't think he is entirely reliant on elite playmaker.

Binister

Generational User
Feb 7, 2017
Land_act.gif

This poll in a nutshell.

Hugh Mungus

Feb 1, 2017
nucks nation
For everyone that's going to say Monahan just leeches off Gaudreau. The more I watch Monahan the more I realize how much he isn't just a product of Gaudreau's brilliance. He is absolutely incredible in tight with his hands and shot, very few players can put the puck in the net from in tight like him. He's a complete player with very few flaws in his game. He would put up big numbers even if he didn't have an elite winger on his line. Put up 20 goals as a rookie without Gaudreau.

That being said though, this poll is a bit of a mismatch Barkov is truly one of the best centers in the game.

Jan 29, 2009
Edmonton/Calgary
Barkov fairly easy, but Monahan is no slouch. People who don't call Monahan a #1 C at this point are out to lunch, but Barkov is arguably a top 10 C, while Monahan might be pushing top 20 or top 15.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
I imagine Barkov playing next to Gaudreau and I think it wouldn't be close.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
All Monahan has done is outscore Barkov every year since they have both been in the league.
Barkov would score 100 points if he was stapled to a guy like Gaudreau.

Beyond that, Barkov is better at pretty much every aspect of the game.

Monahan has played some very good hockey at times this year. But compared to barkov he's pretty one dimensional.

Reactions: Cats2TheCup
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->