Post-Game Talk: Barkov ties Bure with 94pts! Panthers beat Caps 5-3, Lu collects another HOF win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
Huberdeau can hit 30 goals and 90pt, Barkov 94pt and counting? dadonov close to 30g and 70pt, hoff at 35g and closing in on 70pt. Even vatrano at 24 goals. And no playoffs. That is just absurd and I feel bad for those guys that goaltending choked so bad all season to drag them down like that. Shouldve at least been in the playoffs.

And we’ll win out the remainder of these meaningless games of course

RebuildinVan

Jun 25, 2017
Huberdeau can hit 30 goals and 90pt, Barkov 94pt and counting? dadonov close to 30g and 70pt, hoff at 35g and closing in on 70pt. Even vatrano at 24 goals. And no playoffs. That is just absurd and I feel bad for those guys that goaltending choked so bad all season to drag them down like that. Shouldve at least been in the playoffs.

Always have been a fan of Barkov and Huberdeau. What a waste of a year for them

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
Really, now we win games?
It's like the same thing every year. Suck October-November to ruin our playoff chances, then go on a run at the end of the season to pick 14th.
At least Barkov and Huberdeau are collecting points and setting career highs and Panthers records...

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013

I'm torn bc I love Lu and 500 wins and he'd be a fine backup but him staying really kills our ability to have the "holy grail" summer, which is

A. Sign Panarin
B. Sign Bob
C. Keep Hoff
D. Sign a dman

one of these things is 100% not happening if he's back (I'd say it's definitely C)

but at the same time, he can do what he wants, this franchise put him through hell.

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida

I'm torn bc I love Lu and 500 wins and he'd be a fine backup but him staying really kills our ability to have the "holy grail" summer, which is

A. Sign Panarin
B. Sign Bob
C. Keep Hoff
D. Sign a dman

one of these things is 100% not happening if he's back (I'd say it's definitely C)

but at the same time, he can do what he wants, this franchise put him through hell.

I disagree. Luongo should see that his time is up and that we can be better without him. We owe him nothing. This is a business and we’ve sucked long enough.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006

A. Sign Panarin
B. Sign Bob
C. Keep Hoff
D. Sign a dman

I honestly don’t understand why so many here are more than willing to trade Hoff. There’s a really good chance that he hasn’t peaked yet. For one thing, I’ve noticed him a lot more on the defensive end as well as making some plays going up ice. He’s much more than a pure shooter (which he obviously is as well).

I’m not saying he’s better than or equal to Panarin, but he’s not that far off, and if it came down to being able to afford either Panarin or Hoff plus a decent D, I’d go with the latter.

I’m not saying I know how it’ll shake out...only that my FIRST thought is definitely NOT to trade Hoff. My first thought is to try to keep Hoff.

Acadmus

pastured mod
Jul 22, 2003
Vermont

Just to add to this...as bad as it is to yet again not be interested in watching any playoff games (got tired of rooting for other teams about a decade ago), it's heartening to notice a few positives:
1) With all teams having just 2-3 games left in the regular season, Barkov currently sits 10th in league scoring. Huberdeau is also in the top 20. I don't recall EVER seeing a Panther up that high at this point in the season, let alone two. Even Bure, when he had the 94, was playing in a league with enough high scoring talent he wasn't in the top 10.
2) Aaron Ekblad, for all people crap all over him during the season, is the only Panther who played all games (or even most) with a + +/- stat (+3). All others are on the - side.
3) Both Luongo and Reimer, beyond all belief, have winning records (not including OTLs I guess) and both finally reached a .900 save %.
4) The Panthers have 5 20+ goal scorers (and 2 of them 30+) for the first time this century. Not really sure if they've ever managed that, in fact. They are still the 8th ranked offense in the NHL and have the 2nd best PP in the league as well, something NO Panthers team has ever before sniffed at let alone accomplished. Unfortunately there's that glaring 29th in goals against...

Then I think back to early in the season, all the third period leads blown for 1-goal losses in OT and regulation...and it's the difference between them missing the playoffs and earning home ice...which is exactly what I said last summer, that this team was good enough to be a top-5 team if the goaltending holds up, but I was really lacking confidence in that given Reimer's performance in the first half of 2017-18. Unfortunately, spot on again.

Acadmus

pastured mod
Jul 22, 2003
Vermont
Always have been a fan of Barkov and Huberdeau. What a waste of a year for them
It's a waste for the entire offensive output...so many Panthers hitting career highs this year...and they miss the playoffs because they can't keep the puck out of their own net. Ridiculous.

Anakinsky

Dec 21, 2018
Happy for this game... for the last 3 games wanted Barkov to pass Bure (almost there!) and for Trocheck to get out of his funk (2 goals tonight). Wouldn't mind Hubby getting to 30 goals to completely melt some people on the board.
Barkov and Hubby need to stay together, they have something special together.

I mean the only reason I am happy he got 2 goals is padding his awful stats.. maybe for a trade. I looked at Dadnov's stats last night, way happier overall with him.

PBPantherfan

Feb 7, 2010
Lake Worth, FL

A. Sign Panarin
B. Sign Bob
C. Keep Hoff
D. Sign a dman

Sorry but keep Hoff and Get a quality defensive D and get Bob is an excellent summer to me. If Lu goes and they can get Panarin as well that’s just a miracle. But with a little better d play and competent goaltending this team is a playoff lock.

Reactions: PSLguy

Anakinsky

Dec 21, 2018
Sorry but keep Hoff and Get a quality defensive D and get Bob is an excellent summer to me. If Lu goes and they can get Panarin as well that’s just a miracle. But with a little better d play and competent goaltending this team is a playoff lock.

Have to keep Hoff, he has shown to mesh well here. Sign Lu to some front office position to keep him around and happy, but for god sakes do not cave and re-sign to make him happy. I am thinking this is why he is playing out these last games. ( Hope so)

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
If we're going with the assumption of Luongo returning, I would definitely prefer signing Panarin and moving Hoffman.

Have to keep Hoff, he has shown to mesh well here. Sign Lu to some front office position to keep him around and happy, but for god sakes do not cave and re-sign to make him happy. I am thinking this is why he is playing out these last games. ( Hope so)
Luongo is signed. Only question is if he's coming back of Ltiretiring (physicals are not until late August.)

PBPantherfan

Feb 7, 2010
Lake Worth, FL
If we're going with the assumption of Luongo returning, I would definitely prefer signing Panarin and moving Hoffman.

Luongo is signed. Only question is if he's coming back of Ltiretiring (physicals are not until late August.)

I’m not going to argue that Hoff is better than Panarin what I’m saying is Hoff. + good D plus Bob is awesome. Hoff + Panarin+ good D + Bob - Luongo is fantasy land. And I have been way too beaten down as a Panther fan to expect fantasy land, but I would be estatic if it happened. I’m just saying if either one of those sinereos happens we don’t have anything to complain about (we still will find something, but either one is a far cry from the old days where Stilman and Kuba were sold to us as real options to win with.

Reactions: ucanthanzalthetruth

PanthersHockey1

South by Southeast
Mar 11, 2010
Palm Trees
It's part of the 3 basic Laws of Panther Hockey.

1. If you have good offensive output, the defense and or goalie will suck.
2. If you have good defensive play and solid goaltending, the offense will suck.
3. All three suck and you lose out on the lotto.

4. All three click and you get embarrassed in the first round.

Reactions: ShootIt
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad