Barkov or Matthews?

Barkov or Matthews?

• Total voters

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Wow, I guess we can't boost Barkov up to another level because of his defense now. Lol looks like the comparison is over, deal with it.

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
If you extrapolated his stats after 4 games to an entire season it would result in one of the best seasons in NHL history. Also, Barkov is on pace for 0 points this year. What’s your point?
Even if Matthews wasn`t as hot right now its obvious that he came into this season better than before.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
You really should. Your abusive tendencies are going to lead to you hurting those you love. That is if you're even capable of love.
giphy.gif

pcruz

Mar 7, 2013
Vaughan
How'd we get here from talking about hockey?
Because people have a hard time disagreeing with one another's opinions without attacking them personally in these modern times.

"I disagree with you, therefore you're a scumbag moron who should go away"

Somehow, the discussion of who is your preferred player between 2 of the best young players in the world can only be settled with personal shots and anger.

Honestly, looking at Ray Ferraro and his twitter feud today with Edmonton fans because in his opinion Matthews is closing the gap on McDavid is yet another example.

Somehow, he must hate McDavid and think he's absolute garbage because in his opinion he's not cemented solidly enough as Ferraro's #1 player in the league. It's somehow sacrilegious that Matthews isn't far behind McDavid.

strictlyrandy

Sep 9, 2013
Colorado
How'd we get here from talking about hockey?

Well... @TheBeastCoast wanted to bring up a fairly valid point (imo). He quoted my post when he really didn't need to to make his point because my post really wasn't relevant to what he was highlighting.

Instead of doing the typical HF name calling and fighting on the internet, I decided to give a little tongue in cheek fun with them and they clearly got the hint and played along. I don't know about them, but it all made me laugh. The mods clearly deleted the posts cus they didn't get the joke and are super cautious and overreact to anyone having fun here. Was pretty funny though.

So props to you Beast for playing along and thanks for the laughs.

Last edited:

Cleatus

Nov 21, 2008
Calgary, AB, CAN
Matthews changed my vote to him much quicker than I thought he would. Pretty much no way Barkov ever reaches this kind of offensive level. He'll likely always be better than Matthews defensively, but the offensive difference is just going to be too much to ignore between these two from here on out.

Reactions: Joffrey Baratheon

Luminiferous

Oct 11, 2018
Could you ask for more in a player than Barkov ? Not really. Guy is amazing. Seems like an even better person off the ice. I could be wrong. I take Matthews tho. I wish the Leafs had both.

Reactions: MVPGoon

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Barkov couldnt hold Mathew's jock strap

I'm all for trying to be as unbiased as possible, but this comparison is insulting to Mathews

Albz

Jun 30, 2018
Matthews. Guy this year looks so much better than he was last year.

Binister

Generational User
Feb 7, 2017
Barkov couldnt hold Mathew's jock strap

I'm all for trying to be as unbiased as possible, but this comparison is insulting to Mathews
Hahhah get outta here biased. It's not an insult if Barkov takes the cake in defence and playmaking.

Love the recency bias btw.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->