Barkov or Matthews?

Barkov or Matthews?

• Total voters

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
I take Matthews, but they're different players. I still love Barkov.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
based off last years #s - Barkov. 1 pt off PPG and finished 4th in Selke
based off potential/going forward forward/upward trajectory - Matthews, their numbers at similar ages aint even close

Reactions: Felidae
Apr 27, 2016
Right now it's Barkov, but in the future it's Matthews I think. Allthough Barkov is still developing too, so it will never be ainec in any direction.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
Just a reminder that these guys are 3 draft years apart and it's already close. I think Matthews surpasses him this year and by the time he reaches his D+5 year, he's another tier than Barkov is right now.

Patrik Barkov

Jun 25, 2016
Sure, but if you are going to say that, you mine as well whitewash every single poll or prediction post with that statement on this forum.
I mean not really everyone is allowed to their opinions and predictions. You predicting Matthews to be on another level to Barkov in a few years is fine but you worded it like it's a fact.

E: Missed that "I think" in the beginning of the sentence. My bad.

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
Ahh yes the comparison between a player in their D+6 year vs another in their d+3 year lmao...

Lets compare their first 2 years in the league since we don't know how Matthews will produce the next few years.

AB: 0.48ppg
AM: 0.92ppg

AM is no slouch defensively either and could very well be in Selke consideration at some point in his career as others have touched on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->