Barkov or Eichel (Keeper)

Saucecheese92

Oct 29, 2017
Hey guys,

I'm in a 14 team Keeper league, keep 6 guys.

H2H Matchups, Scoring: G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, Hits

Got sent a Barkov for my Eichel and I'm strongly considering it. I'm in first place right now, usually a playoff team with my core. I never thought I would want to trade Eichel, but the injury and Barkovs strong play are making me think different. They are within 1 year old of each other so the age factor is pretty much a wash. I do think Eichel could be in a much better situation next year, which is why I'm also not just trying to think of this year.

Would appreciate any opinions!

Thanks

Saucecheese92

Oct 29, 2017
Appreciate the reply featherhawk. Would love to hear any other opinions that could help with my decision.

Thanks again Everyone!

member 329811

Barkov until the Sabres can actually stop the year to year spiral into oblivion.

Eichel is hurt anyways and might be out longer than expected. He's got a couple things going on with his body but it appears there's a neck thing going on which just adds to the uncertainty.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Hey guys,

I'm in a 14 team Keeper league, keep 6 guys.

H2H Matchups, Scoring: G, A, +/-, PPP, SOG, Hits

Got sent a Barkov for my Eichel and I'm strongly considering it. I'm in first place right now, usually a playoff team with my core. I never thought I would want to trade Eichel, but the injury and Barkovs strong play are making me think different. They are within 1 year old of each other so the age factor is pretty much a wash. I do think Eichel could be in a much better situation next year, which is why I'm also not just trying to think of this year.

Would appreciate any opinions!

Thanks
Keep Eichel.

67 others

Jul 30, 2010
Moose country
Barkov is and has been a game breaking center for a few years now.

In most leagues I like Barkov better.

That being said, shots and hits heavily favor Eichel. Like any category, if I told you Barkov scores 30 and eichel scores 50, you would take Eichel. Their point output is close but Eichel runs away with 2 other categories. He loses points on +/- as long as he is in Buffalo. That team is a sink to the plus.

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
I think Eichel will have a better next few years, but if you want to win now, I'd pull the trigger. Barkov isn't too far behind Eichel IMO. If you think you can win without Eichel this season, I'd lean more towards keeping him. You really could use all the help you can get in the playoffs though (anything can happen).

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
Barkov is better in reality but i take Jack In fantasy. Better shot generation, more physical, superior/more favorable offensive deployment. Additionally the offense runs more through Eichel than Barkov. At least that's how it appears to me. Barkov has better supporting cast and far better defensively but the latter isn't really a consideration in fantasy leagues.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Barkov forsure... only way I would even slightly consider Eichel, is if he's traded out of Buffalo like right now

Saucecheese92

Oct 29, 2017
Pretty interesting to see some of the replies in here, as for the most part it seems pretty split with a slight edge to Barkov. I of course give the current edge to Barkov based on Eichel likely not coming back again this year. With that being said though, I think Eichel is a dominant fantasy player and I wouldn't be surprised if he has a new change of scenery next year on a different team.

Still have another week until the trade deadline in our league to think about this, but appreciate the replies so far!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad