Barkov: good, really really good. (and underrated)

Cats2TheCup

Oct 27, 2011
Miami, Fl
Isn’t he already a centrepiece surrounded by Huberdeau, Ekblad and friends?
When I said team full of all stars I meant more like Team Canada more so than the Florida Panthers. But yes Huby is elite. Ekblad appears to be breaking out in a big way. Barkov and Huby are on separate lines this season and he’s playing mostly with streaky Verhegue and a snakebitten Duclair/ Frank Vatrano.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
But no one really talks about him. That's why he continues to be underrated.

ya it’s a weird conundrum- playing in Florida hurts his visibility. People acknowledge he’s great, but then he’s kinda ignored in, like, top 5 player convos. So for as much people mock the “underrated” thing at this point.. we say it, but it feels like we don’t actually treat him like a top tier dude

Reactions: BlueMed

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
When I said team full of all stars I meant more like Team Canada more so than the Florida Panthers. But yes Huby is elite. Ekblad appears to be breaking out in a big way. Barkov and Huby are on separate lines this season and he’s playing mostly with streaky Verhegue and a snakebitten Duclair/ Frank Vatrano.

Right. And who has a Team Canada worth of a supporting cast on a club team?

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
He’s a top5 player in the game.

He’s underrated until that becomes common knowledge.

YifevOC.gif

Reactions: bigtim1988

Cats2TheCup

Oct 27, 2011
Miami, Fl
Right. And who has a Team Canada worth of a supporting cast on a club team?
Team Canada. And I didn't mention a club team. Not sure why you're getting stuck on that. I said I would love to see him play with a team full of stars. That was it.

Cats2TheCup

Oct 27, 2011
Miami, Fl
He’s a top5 player in the game.

He’s underrated until that becomes common knowledge.
This is what I find so interesting. I tend to see the same people who say "Barkov is not underrated anymore because everyone says he's underrated"...rate him as a top 10-15 center. He's a top 5 player in the game.

ItWasJustified

Jan 1, 2015
When people have said a player is underrated for 3 seasons, I don't think that player is underrated anymore. It's just the fact that Barkov plays in Florida and they've been mostly bad during his tenure there. Nevertheless, he's a great player.

And Filipovic is using primary assists as an argument? That's a feces argument. You can have a primary assist that is just a 2 meter pass to a guy that makes an amazing shot or drop it to a guy in the neutral zone who in turn skates all the way to the crease and scores by himself. Meanwhile you can have an amazing secondary assist that makes the whole play.

You must either look at every single assist to make this argument, or accept that there's no necessary difference between primary and secondary assists and not use primary assists as an argument for how good a player is or is not.

Reactions: WillyNy

IceKitties

Dec 31, 2017
Florida
The underrated argument is so annoying, it basically boils down to this:

On HFBoards, a website of hockey fanatics, everyone knows who he is and mostly gives him a fair rating.

Among the entire NHL fanbase, many casual fans don't know who he is, let alone that he's good.

Thirty Seven

Jan 23, 2017
I feel like I see one or two Barkov is underrated threads a year, sometimes they'll even pop up during playoffs.

Good player though.

FinlandPanther

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
This one of those cases where everyone knows Barkov is good but they don’t realize how good. He is the complete package.

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
This “Barkov is underrated” meme needs to end lmfao

He’s probably the most fairly rated player in the league

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->