Post-Game Talk: - Barkov buries Buffalo in OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
I don’t know why maybe it’s because tro is a black hole as center but hubby looks like a completely different player 5 on 5 when he is paired with Barkov.

It’s like the sedin brothers they just know where each other is on the ice.
Yeah, they have insta-magic. I do think they were trying to be a little too cute at times yesterday though. One shift was frustrating cause it looked like they were playing shinny. Over-passing like a rule where you can't shoot till you pass it 5 times. Haha

-ghoste

Ghoste

#JustGetIn
Sponsor
Sep 14, 2005
San Diego, CA
Hunt has been terrific. One of these has to go in at some point. I just hope he doesn't get down and stops playing with such energy because he's discouraged about the points not coming.
Hunt has been great. Too bad he can't find the net, he deserves some goals. This is where McGinn helped last year with his somewhat scoring touch.

-ghoste

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
Panthers, now that's how you play. FROM NOW ON, THAT'S HOW YOU PLAY.

CgX4pAuW4AAZITZ.jpg

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
I think it was from when they got down 2-1, they changed how they played. They stopped charging brainlessly around the ice just to say they're playing fast. If Boughner permanently changes to this style, and builds on it, I'll give him all the credit in the world.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Maybe stating the obvious, but one difference in offense between us other teams is that, other than Barky’s line, we take a lot more shots soon after entering the zone. Thus the lower percentage, high number of shots, rather than less shots, higher ratio of high danger shots.

I know this has been pointed out before, but again if you look at what the different teams’ offenses do, there’s more trying to set up for a high danger shots going on with other teams.

So one place we could improve on lines 2-4 in my opinion would be one extra move, one extra GOOD pass.

And for all of the dmen to learn to get the puck through to the goal, not just Yandle and Ek.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
I'd imagine that when trocheck went out And huberdeau came into the top pp then the chemistry between the 2 was too apparent to keep them apart..
Huby was always on top pp. Hoffman replaces tro on top pp. anyways they were reunited because our 5 on 5 scoring
Has gone
Completely bone dry. They needed to switch it up. Hopefully this gets Barkov going

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Nah I think the high danger issue is more to do with our lack of net front prescence and being too cute. We need one or two more guys that know how to go to the net and where they need to be for rebounds. It’s a very particular skilll that isn’t easy to find

Asheville

Feb 1, 2018
Nah I think the high danger issue is more to do with our lack of net front prescence and being too cute. We need one or two more guys that know how to go to the net and where they need to be for rebounds. It’s a very particular skilll that isn’t easy to find

Which is why having Brouwer in the lineup is nice and losing Mamin to the KHL sucks. Those garbage goal guys are your bread and butter come playoff time. Think anywhere from Chris Kontos to Mike Bossy. Vital once real estate disappears. Cuz you know damn well it won't be Malgin.

Reactions: pantherbot

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Of course.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
I think shooting a lot is the right way to do things. You get rebounds, good bounces, your less likely to turn it over. You put the defense on their heels. I feel we overpass, especially the top two lines, (singling out Barkov) looking for a perfect goal. You can take a bad shot that kills the play for sure like when Pysyk softly throws it on net which can kill the pressure. But for the most part it’s always better to shoot a lot and from everywhere. Defensively it can be challenging and you’re always reacting to rebounds, deflections, etc.

We do need to go to the net more but I think we just aren’t getting a lot of puck luck. There have been a lot of goals from rebounds, Dadonov last night is a good example. How many posts have we hit this season? Our PDO is low.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Which is why having Brouwer in the lineup is nice and losing Mamin to the KHL sucks. Those garbage goal guys are your bread and butter come playoff time. Think anywhere from Chris Kontos to Mike Bossy. Vital once real estate disappears. Cuz you know damn well it won't be Malgin.
Malgin is better than Mamin and had no issues going to the garbage areas in front of the net.

I liked Mamin but he’s very overrated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad