Barkov between legs goal vs Price

Akustiikka

Dec 16, 2018
I was always confused about his name and home country. His parents immigrated to Finland?

Barkov is second generation hockey player. His father was pretty good Russian hockey player Alexander Barkov sr. He played in 3 world championships, and he played 10 years in finnish elite league. And was a star in finnish league. I still remember him. He was big, powerfull and skilled. NHL caliber IMO. Barkov jr was borned in the year of 95 during his fathers time in finland. Im not sure if his wife is finnish or russian, and how they ended up staying in Finland, but here sr:s wikipedia page.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_Barkov_Sr.

Also Barkov jr has russian as his second nationality.

Btw I was surprised Barkov is only 23. I thought he was more like 26.

Last edited:

Esko6

Sep 14, 2004
Finland
Very cool goal today too. He just skated to the goalie and softly pushed the puck in. It almost looked like he just gave up on the chance without even trying to shoot, but he actually knew what he was doing.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Very cool goal today too. He just skated to the goalie and softly pushed the puck in. It almost looked like he just gave up on the chance without even trying to shoot, but he actually knew what he was doing.

What a cheater.

He is stick lifting goalies now too. No Lady Byng for you

RealHumanBean

Mar 23, 2018
Barkov is second generation hockey player. His father was pretty good Russian hockey player Alexander Barkov sr. He played in 3 world championships, and he played 10 years in finnish elite league. And was a star in finnish league. I still remember him. He was big, powerfull and skilled. NHL caliber IMO. Barkov jr was borned in the year of 95 during his fathers time in finland. Im not sure if his wife is finnish or russian, and how they ended up staying in Finland, but here sr:s wikipedia page.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_Barkov_Sr.

Also Barkov jr has russian as his second nationality.

Btw I was surprised Barkov is only 23. I thought he was more like 26.
She's definitely russian

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad